• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tightrope to the Finals

Jesus that must have been an epic game between the Crusaders and Bulls. The bad thing for the other teams is Christchurch still got two points out of it.

There's no point dwelling on things but the Reds are ******* gutless for not getting over for a fourth try. Not to mention the bonus point we were robbed of against the Stormers. Would have given us a more realistic chance.

crusaders would have had more than two points if it weren't for those meddling kids... i mean ref.

Jesus, who ever picked the fixtures for this tornement deserves a medal. Awsome game was the Hurricanes vs Reds. In this form I'd pick Hosea Gear and Rokocoko as our two leading wings, with Zac Guildford on the bench. Mils, Masaga and Sivivatu are injured so Cory Jane should start on full back. Awsome matches and another week to go! I'm praying for the Hurricanes to beat the Tars, but am hardly that confident. Good luck Canes!

stormers V bulls is going to be a great match i think. one tp wake up early for indeed.

Bulls are through with a home semi. The rest is wide open.

1. Bulls
2. Waratahs
3. Brumbies
4. Stormers

Is what will happen if the Bulls, Tahs and Brumbies all win (my predictions). Not that I'd mind if the Waratahs got knocked off, but it would be nice to see an all Australian derby finals game.

Last edited:
Pfft. Bulls, Stomers, Hurrines, Crusaders is my pick. *that being said it could easily go the other way.*

Pfft. Bulls, Stomers, Hurrines, Crusaders is my pick. *that being said it could easily go the other way.*
Crusaders are coming off three losses and have to back up from South Africa while the Brumbies have run into some good form. Hurricanes are hot but Sydney has been a fortress for the Tahs over the last few season. Friday night will tell all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85QzUPL9WWo&feature=related

Go to 9:22, you can clearly see it touches the hand, but the last thing it touches before it goes to Hougards (however you spell it) hands, was the replacement hookers head. So it is fine, right call to award it but he should have gone to the TMO, it should have been given but for such a tight game, he should have gone to the TMO, he went to the TMO for the drop goal.

Crusaders will beat the Brumbies, if the form of the Bulls game is anything to go by, Bowden was amazing at 12.

He cant call on the TMO for a decision that did not happen behind the try line. He did go to the touch judge and he informed Jonker it went backwards off a Crusaders player, he then awarded the try. Great game and well done to the Bulls.

Woah, what happened to the Stormers this past weekend? Are they burning out or were the Sharks just too good?... OR did Naqel-watsefoet-vuki cost them the game?

Stormers were burnt, Sharks played alright, pretty poor though. Stormers were just lazy, forwards were not competing, argh, every NH team would feel superior watching that.

So then, as it stands the 4 teams are certain of their spots. Bulls, Waratahs, Crusaders, Stormers. If the Stormers beat the Bulls, then it will be:

Bulls vs Crusaders - Soweto
Stormers vs Waratahs - Cape Town

I'm predicting an all South African final...

Another extremely disappointing season for the Hurricanes then, they were just awful tonight. What were the stats at the end? 30% possesion/territory or something ridiculous I'm sure. You can't win a game by trying to run 80m to score every few minutes, just ask the All Blacks. Not the send off Colin Cooper deserved at all, but I guess they've made such a habit of choking in the last few games of the season over the years that it's almost a fitting way to end it.

Credit to the Waratahs though, I have to admit they scored a couple of great tries, due to sheer stupidity from the Canes at times, but still great tries nonetheless. Mitchell in particular looked dangerous everytime he touched the ball and Beale actually looked pretty impressive.

It'd be nice if the Crusaders or Stormers won it I guess. But the Bulls would have to be easy favourites to win it from here.

so then, as it stands the 4 teams are certain of their spots. Bulls, waratahs, crusaders, stormers. If the stormers beat the bulls, then it will be:

Bulls vs crusaders - soweto
stormers vs waratahs - cape town

i'm predicting an all south african final...
o rly

LOSER!! 'Canes SUCKS!!! How can you say an all SA final could be boring? That's like saying a test between England and Ireland is boring! You're CRAZY!

Pretty easily actually. You must be kidding about that England v.s Ireland comment, I couldn't think of anything worse not even an all South African S14 final is worse than that. Canes do suck, for now...

Wait, what exactly is it about an all SA final that would bore you ?

I'm just curious, since in all fairness the Bulls and Stormers have been playing some of the most exciting rugby this whole competition.

I like the prospect of the team with the best attack (by some margin) facing off against the team with the best defense (by quite some margin).

Wait, what exactly is it about an all SA final that would bore you ?

I'm just curious, since in all fairness the Bulls and Stormers have been playing some of the most exciting rugby this whole competition.

I like the prospect of the team with the best attack (by some margin) facing off against the team with the best defense (by quite some margin).

Cough, five tries to three, cough.

Latest posts