• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Time for the USA question again...

Yeah, it's not happening. It's Scarlets vs Bennetton for us here in the USA, lucky us lol

Yeah but that was a continuation of the deal that had already started, was all change this year because rsa are out etc

Yes, I know that the contract expired. But do you know why they didn't renew it? I haven't been able to find any articles about it. It probably had to do with money, as is the case in most busine$$ dealings.

Yes, I know that the contract expired. But do you know why they didn't renew it? I haven't been able to find any articles about it. It probably had to do with money, as is the case in most busine$$ dealings.
It expired just because they couldn't provide the same product, there was some grace last year as no one knew the long term future but once SA moved to Europe you couldn't present super rugby was the same just in a different format

if SA had just done a domestic comp like Aus and NZ with the chance of cross country finals then there may have been a change of claiming it was all still super rugby

Always appreciated, my friend. And to be fair, I still have Pro14, the Prem, 6N, and soon, the MLR, so it's not like I'm starving for rugger.

I've been a season ticket holder for the San Diego Legion the past three seasons. But due to Covid-19/health insurance reasons at Torero Stadium (University of San Diego) where they've played, the Legion will now play all of their home games in Las Vegas this season, without fans (until further notice). Thankfully CBS SportsNet, ESPN+ and other outlets will keep me from starving.

the Legion will now play all of their home games in Las Vegas this season, without fans (until further notice).
Oof, I hadn't heard that. Yeah, my own tickets feel very theoretical at the moment... Here's hoping, right?

@Dai Perk @rugbeian cant test this my self as im in Aus but have seen this posted

SUPER RUGBY AU ON WORLD.RUGBY - FAQS

How can I watch Super Rugby AU 2021 on world.rugby?
Simply visit or bookmark the Super Rugby AU video hub on World.rugby during match weekends to watch right in your browser, for free.

Where can I watch Super Rugby AU on World Rugby?
All matches are available in the UK, Ireland, Europe (excluding Spain and Italy), Asia (excluding Japan) and North Africa.

How can I register?
Simply visit the Super Rugby AU video hub and register where prompted, or by clicking "Register" in the top navigation bar. You can register with your email address, Google or Facebook account.

What devices can I watch on?
You can watch via our website on your computer, tablet or smartphone.

Can I cast the broadcast to my TV?
Sorry, this functionality is not currently available.

When is Super Rugby AU 2021 taking place?
Round One of Super Rugby AU kicked off on 19 February 2021. Matches are scheduled every weekend until the final on 8 May 2021.

Can I watch Super Rugby Aotearoa 2021 on world.rugby?
Only Super Rugby AU is available to watch via world.rugby.

@Dai Perk @rugbeian cant test this my self as im in Aus but have seen this posted

SUPER RUGBY AU ON WORLD.RUGBY - FAQS

How can I watch Super Rugby AU 2021 on world.rugby?
Simply visit or bookmark the Super Rugby AU video hub on World.rugby during match weekends to watch right in your browser, for free.

Where can I watch Super Rugby AU on World Rugby?
All matches are available in the UK, Ireland, Europe (excluding Spain and Italy), Asia (excluding Japan) and North Africa.

How can I register?
Simply visit the Super Rugby AU video hub and register where prompted, or by clicking "Register" in the top navigation bar. You can register with your email address, Google or Facebook account.

What devices can I watch on?
You can watch via our website on your computer, tablet or smartphone.

Can I cast the broadcast to my TV?
Sorry, this functionality is not currently available.

When is Super Rugby AU 2021 taking place?
Round One of Super Rugby AU kicked off on 19 February 2021. Matches are scheduled every weekend until the final on 8 May 2021.

Can I watch Super Rugby Aotearoa 2021 on world.rugby?
Only Super Rugby AU is available to watch via world.rugby.

I'm in California and this is what shows when I click on that link. :(

Sorry! Super Rugby AU isn't available to watch in your territory.

Last edited:
Wow! This looks like the real thing, thanks so much, I had no idea!

Also, for anyone who cares, Major League Rugby has partnered with RugbyPass to create the RugbyNetwork, which is free to get and will stream all MLR games this season.

It feels like rugby as a whole is waking up to the idea that people need to be able to watch in order to enjoy it - cheers to all the upcoming brilliance!

Thanks again, Go Scotland, Go Free Jacks, and Go Wales (in honor of my good pal BushyTop)

seems like they have done the perfect job of leaving it just long enough so that people might have stopped checking and so will probably miss it completely

seems like they have done the perfect job of leaving it just long enough so that people might have stopped checking and so will probably miss it completely
I checked the ESPN schedule for this weekend and the Super Rugby games aren't listed on any of it's networks. They're usually slow at updating the schedule so I'll try again later.

The man speaks truth.

I checked the ESPN schedule for this weekend and the Super Rugby games aren't listed on any of it's networks. They're usually slow at updating the schedule so I'll try again later.
They do tend to wait until the absolute last minute, but I still refuse to hold my breath. Either way, big weekend ahead!

Are you only interested in watching it live or are you happy to watch it a day or 2 later?

Are you only interested in watching it live or are you happy to watch it a day or 2 later?
I'm not sure who you asked, but I'll answer your question. I watch rugby union (7s, 10s & 15s) whenever I can, live or on demand. If I can't see it live because of the time difference (I'm in California) then I'll avoid social media so I don't know the scores and watch it later. :) On demand streaming is a blessing!

Awesome All Blacks GIF by Rugby World Cup

Last edited:
I watched Force v Rebels a week ago,it was quite exciting (especially that one Force's try that looked just perfect), will continue to watch Super Rugby AU whenever possible I think

I'm with rugbeian, I watch whatever I can, whenever I can (except 7's, haven't gotten into that yet.) Most games I want to see aren't on at a reasonable time for me to watch live, so I heavily depend on on-demand. And I stay the heck away from all social media on weekend!

I'm with rugbeian, I watch whatever I can, whenever I can (except 7's, haven't gotten into that yet.) Most games I want to see aren't on at a reasonable time for me to watch live, so I heavily depend on on-demand. And I stay the heck away from all social media on weekend!
Give 7s a try (no pun intended), it moves really fast! I saw the USA Eagles win the gold in Las Vegas a couple of years ago. They beat New Zealand, South Africa and France to name a few teams. And 7s crowds really get into it. It's a big rugby party weekend whenever the 7s tour rolls through. :cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts