• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Time off for Olympcs? Kings?

Erich

Academy Player
I know it's still four years away, but has SupeRugby said anything about modifying their schedule to accomodate players that might want to temporarilly switch from XVs to 7s in the Olympic years? Jonah Lomu played 7s in the Commonwealth games, and the Olympics are a lot more prestigious than that. How much time off did he take from his various XVs commitments to do that? In a sport like Rugby, in which such a high premium is placed on teamwork, it would seem to me that it would take a lot of practice time to adapt to not only a new team and a new code, but really a new sport.

On another front, does anybody have any news on what's going to happen with the Southern Kings, and when?

No need for it, more and more players are making 7's as their career choice. The game has also developed and I can't see guys just switching for the sake of it, they will have to proof themselves and then miss out on the more lucrative S15 pay checks

Southern Kings, still up for final call - best is to Google it and decide who you want to believe

Latest posts