Tips for starters

Goon3r73

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
Hi all

I've just started a new season managing the Bulls in Super Championship. Dont ask me why, I just felt like taking on a Southern Hemisphere team for starters. After an indifferent set of Pre Season friendlies ( W2 L2), I am off to a bad start losing my first two games in the league. Now I've basically just gone with the Best Positional auto 1st XV but was wondering whether or not to tinker a little with it. Also I only have 2 Team Calls to use and was wondering which two seem the better for starters. Anyway guys (and girls as there are one or two lady gamers out there) feel free to post some of your tips or theories for managing in this game.

Edit: Sorry guys I meant to say this is for 2017 game and not 2015

Last edited:
Super championship is the most competitive league in the game , i dont think anyone learning the game should start in this league it will be a very tough season indeed , i have won the PRO12 , TOP14 and AVIVA PREM but the super championship still evades me .

We will see how I go then, and if all else fails I can always find a new club if I get sacked. But hopefully I dont.

First things first I would get a couple of good physios and doctors so you can put out your best team out every week. If you don't do this then you will likely have to change players each week which can be a killing.

First things first I would get a couple of good physios and doctors so you can put out your best team out every week. If you don't do this then you will likely have to change players each week which can be a killing.

Do you use more than one physio and doctor? I tend to just have one of each.

Plz share tips on tactics
And training rota

I use the auto training allocation. When it comes to individual training, I do the following, assuming Saturday is a match day:

- Sunday: usually a day off
- Mon-Tues: two days of swimming or hill training for everyone. Players under 90% who aren't carrying an injury get hill training.
- On Wednesday I switch all 99% fit backs to positional kicking (apart from FHs who get goal kicking) for the rest of the week.

Tactics are an area of the game that aren't so taxing in my opinion - it would be nice if they were developed. I use the forward engineroom overdrive call and defensive rally. Setpiece turnover seems to result in me giving away penalties instead of turning over a scrum!

I use the default structured attack but sometimes jump to ad lib during games. Defensively I go for blitz near my tryline, drift between my 22 and the half way line, then aligned, then conserve. If I am trailing, I alter this to include more blitz, up to halfway line and I change conserve to drift.

Last edited:
Good Morning/Afternoon/Night to everyone, depending where you are in the world! :)

I started playing RUTM 17 a few days ago and I am struggling a lot to win games.
I tried first with the Sarries and lost 4 or 5 games in a row, including Worcester at home, I then tried with Glasgow and despite a "good start", only losing 10-8 against Connacht with a last minute try that gave them the W, I got hammered by Leinster at home.
Now, what can I do? I am definitely not using weak teams and I believe I know real players' qualities very well.. but every time I play my teams has lots of turnovers for stupid knock ons, seems like I can only loose..
Did you encounter the same problems? Do I just have to keep faith and play on?
Thank you in advance for the replies

Good Morning/Afternoon/Night to everyone, depending where you are in the world! :)

I started playing RUTM 17 a few days ago and I am struggling a lot to win games.
I tried first with the Sarries and lost 4 or 5 games in a row, including Worcester at home, I then tried with Glasgow and despite a "good start", only losing 10-8 against Connacht with a last minute try that gave them the W, I got hammered by Leinster at home.
Now, what can I do? I am definitely not using weak teams and I believe I know real players' qualities very well.. but every time I play my teams has lots of turnovers for stupid knock ons, seems like I can only loose..
Did you encounter the same problems? Do I just have to keep faith and play on?
Thank you in advance for the replies
The default database skills aren't incredibly accurate so it's better to play what the game says are the best players and not the best ones irl.

Latest posts