• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toby Flood serious injury

I just got wind of this too, he has had a lot of head knocks before...

I haven't seen the incident, and at first it sounded like an accidental knock, but the reports sound more like Tuohy has struck Flood intentionally?

If Flood was really completely out cold for twelve minutes, then that is worrying.

I was at the game yesterday and it looked really nasty. Was definitely a yellow. He led with his forearm and smashed it into floods face at the last second. I know one of the physios at leicester and they were close to putting an airway in.
Floods injury aside, it was a great day at welford road and over 17000 for a preseason friendly!!

Was Tuohy the tackler or the ball carrier? Either way it's good to hear Flood is on the mend, from the tweet above.
Big blow for Tigers to (presumably) lose him for the start of the season, time for Lamb to show his worth!

Two fairly big concussions only a couple of months apart. Got to have at least two weeks off surely?

If it's the broken jaw suspected, he'll certainly get it.

Flood is a very good standoff. Certainly the best England have right now. I'd take him in the Welsh 23.

Really? You mean Dan Biggar and Rhys Priestland aren't capable international out halves? Shocker.

Really? You mean Dan Biggar and Rhys Priestland aren't capable international out halves? Shocker.
Not sure what you are trying to imply there. I'd start Biggar, but Priestland lacks the composure and he isn't a great bench option. Flood can play standoff and sub at inside centre. Biggar is quite a capable standoff. Underrated pass and starting to look for the break and offload.

Image of the Tuohy/Flood incident.

BTCH5BqCYAAkmYM.jpg

Leading with the elbow. Sound.Any word on Flood? Is he looking at a long layoff, etc?

Not seen any new news. Leicester Mercury, who you'd imagine would have the latest details, in an article published today said it was an "injury to the head or neck", so not exactly narrowed it down much! :p

If he did what he did against Canada (and it looks like it judging from the photo) then he should get a long ban.
It wasn't even "leading" with the elbow so much as straight up elbowing someone in the face.