• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Injury Table

Jacob The Goose

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
Hello to everyone, just a quick question, is there any site or part of this forum that you can find a list of the current injuries and info regarding return date etc? I cant seem to find anything. Even on the official Aviva Premiership site. Cheers for any assistance.

Nope - and, so far as I'm aware, no site that even just lists who's injured, let alone any comments on what the injury is, or the Expected Return to Action.

Different clubs have different protocols on this, and given patient confidentiality; would need permission from the individual players to say anything at all anyway.
Some clubs will list this week's "Unavailable for Selection" with the team announcement each week, some will update their local rag, or their offy website on a semi-regular basis; some will cover it under "Playing Squad 2016-17" on their offy website, and some will say nothing at all, ever. Obviously, when players turn out for interviews or analysis for the local radio coverage, they may talk about injuries then as well, but would have to be very careful talking about anyone but themselves for injury status.

I used to try to host a page on a couple of sites, updating injury statuses for all Prem clubs; but it was an absolute fool's errand; then for 4-5 years my club (Bath) stopped releasing anything at all, and I had to go by my own opinion of what I'd seen on camera and the occassional but of gossip from interviews etc; and even just keeping up with 1 club was a fool's errand. I quit even trying about 4 years ago now.

Last edited:
cheers for your reply, you have confirmed what I have found to be an absolute head scratcher in finding info regarding injuries. it seems in Football a player gets a slight knock and you know every little detail, yet in Rugby its difficult to get anything clear on what has happened and who is out. Thanks for the info mate.

No prob.s and welcome to the board.

To be fair; in football, you've got fewer 18 stone flankers trying to target your injury in contact; so it matters less to publicise this stuff; though I do wish there was more transparency. When I was trying to collate things, I was looking for the site of the injury (eg left leg, or right shoulder, or whatever), and usually my own ERA based on what was known. It was way too much to try to garner.

TBH your best bet to find stuff is the fan-forae for each individual club; for clubs which update, there may be a thread with the latest updates on it, even if hidden away on page 4 somewhere - depends when the lastupdate was given.

thanks again, I will just crack on and trawl through the individual clubs sites for info. cheers

With teams announcing their squads before the games there really isn't a need for an injury list.

The only reason for injury lists to be open to public is gambling.

The whole opponent aware of injuries thing can be made less of an issue by following the NHL rout, just use lower and upper body to describe injuries.

Latest posts