• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 10 Fly-Halfs In the World

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Dec 28 2008, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ohh woo.. game is starting now.. but I think he was.. don't get me wrong I think Dan is a much much better player .. but the thing is has there ever been a 10 as good as carter.. merthens maybe. but I'm not sure..[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 28 2008, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Certainly not Mehertens. Grant Fox perhaps, Spencer (when he could be bothered) and Larkham came close. Otherwise, no.[/b]

Don't judge mehrtens on his performances up north when he was past his best. It's not often that you can say you definately know something to be true in a topic as subjective as this, but I know that Mehrtens was twice the player Fox was. Fox was a kicking maestro, Mehrtens was an everything-maestro. Most NZ'ers who saw them both play extensively will agree with me 100%

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peppers07 @ Mar 31 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In no order
Ogara
giteau
Carter
Cipriani
Contepomi
Hernandez
Hook
No others that i get to see play stand out[/b]

What about Steven Donald,Berrick Barnes And Nick Eavens!

There Shouldn't be any English players in there. Their all hopeless at the moment

im sorry but i cant take the opinion of anyone who cant use the correct version of they're seriously

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimbook @ Jan 17 2009, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peppers07 @ Mar 31 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In no order
Ogara
giteau
Carter
Cipriani
Contepomi
Hernandez
Hook
No others that i get to see play stand out[/b]

What about Steven Donald,Berrick Barnes And Nick Eavens!

There Shouldn't be any English players in there. Their all hopeless at the moment
[/b][/quote]

why is jones not in there anyway?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 28 2007, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
going into the wc who do you think the top 10 fly halfs are. id go with

1 Dan Carter
2 Ronan O'Gara
3 Steven Larkham
4 Felipe Contipome
5 Butch James
6 David Skrela
7 James Hook
8 Johnny Wilkinson
9 Chris Paterson
10 Nick Evans[/b]

I can not agree your superb taste :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

meh thats an old old list these days id go with

1 Carter
2 Giteau
3 Hernandez
4 Jones
5 Brock James
6 Butch James
7 O'Gara
8 ummm ill judge the rest after the 6 nations... not cipriani anyways

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 17 2009, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

1 Carter
2 Giteau
3 Hernandez
4 Jones
5 Brock James
6 Butch James
7 O'Gara
10[/b]
Nick Evans has got to be in there!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 18 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

1 Carter
2 Giteau
3 Hernandez
4 Jones
5 Brock James
6 Butch James
7 O'Gara
10[/b]

So Brock James is still doing well then? I remember when he played for Taranaki, it was the best season we had in years. Too bad he never got to fulfil his potential down here. Would have been a great player for the Hurricanes if they would've let us sign him.

Who's he playing for these days?

Brock is currently playing at Clermont Auvergne. He's, in my opinion, based on HC form over the past two years, one of the best players on the continent.

My list currently:

1. Carter
2. Hernandez
3. Evans
4. Giteau
5. Jones
6. Brock James
7. Hook
8. Butch James
9. O'Gara
10. Michalak

Brock James is the Australian. Got mucked around by the ARU in a bit in my opinion. They wouldn't let him return to play for Taranaki and wouldn't let him sign with the Hurricanes yet he couldn't get a break with any of the Australian S14 teams. Then he ended up going north anyway.

I'm happy to hear he's doing well for himself at least.

if he was in Oz at the mo hed probably have the 10 shirt with giteau at 12 hes a top class fly half

He sure is. He led Taranaki to 5th in the NPC in 2004 almost singlehandedly. It's a shame how things have worked out for him.

Latest posts