• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 10 Fly-Halfs In the World

well one thing that should have happened was the great david Humphrey's actually actually got a game for the last few years instead of it being totally O'Gara,

I don't think he has a smug attitude really , besides O'Gara is one of the truely beautiful players to watch play the game, his style isn't as effective as Carter's as I've said, but the way he brings his backline into the game and dictates play is top class, however I do think he kicks and chips too much, he should keep ball in hand ..

and how we wish cipriani was irish.. because we reaally have no one of any class coming through. Sexton and Paddy Wallace(who is 28) but alot of that comes down to terrible management by Eddie Osullivan not actually giving anyone else a chance, and O'Gara is 31 so he doesn't have many years left, besides we're incredibally lucky he hasn't gotten injured.. the guy never gets injured..but if he does before the six nations we're cocked

bring his backline into a game? You can't be serious. The dippy yank only ever hoofs the ball away. He's barely as an effectictive backline mover as Jonny the Boot.

And trust me, there's MANY a better young 10 out there then Cipriani.

you have a real bias against O'Gara... he's a top class fly half..and he does bring his backline into the game really well

I have a bias against players who are hyped to the hilt by the media when they're not even particularly good; Wilkinson, O'Gara, Ellis, Moody, Stringer and Sackey all being good examples.

Oh God. What's up with these Irish posters who make an account, post 'ROG/BOD/KEARNEY IS THE BESTEST EVEAAARR!', and disappear forever? :huh:

No, Kearney's not the best fullback in Britain. Though you probably already knew that. :rolleyes:

in Britain?.. pardon? and thats not true at all.. O'driscoll is past it, but Kearney is world class, exceptional under the high ball and really steady..

I don't have a bias I think Byrne is a top class full back to.. and it's throw up between them for the lions, but I still think Karney is a better more rounded fullback

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 27 2008, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
bring his backline into a game? You can't be serious. The dippy yank only ever hoofs the ball away. He's barely as an effectictive backline mover as Jonny the Boot.

And trust me, there's MANY a better young 10 out there then Cipriani.[/b]
I hope you are not thinking of Lamb when you say that?

now oh how i wish we hadnt lost Geherety to the huns lol. on a serious note o'gara brings his backline in about as well as john hayes would at 10. i like sexton but he'll be hard pressed to keep his place at leinster at the moment. hopefully keatley will go somewhere where he is exposed to a higher standard of rugby and no kearney is not the best 15 in the NH, a very good one but Lee Byrne has to have his jersey booked for the lions

Maybe he does.. but I still prefer Kearney and anyway he's only 22 isn't he?.. kearney will be on the tour ...either at 14 or bench..

Well obviously a lot of people disagree with you about O'Gara or he wouldn't have sooo so so many caps and points for both club and country

again, the lack of an alternative can be cited as the cause for this. when david humphreys retired from international rugby we were left with holwell and contepomi at leinster, humphreys still taking the ulster position and elwood(?) at connacht. O'gara got in there as there was no one else to turn to. now im not saying he isnt very good for munster, his place kicking is excellent and he can control a game very well, but he just doesnt seem to be able to reproduce this form for ireland

I'd agree on times yes.. he's not the same player for ireland..but actually you mention humphreys that opens another arguement.. why the hell he was left rotting on the bench for years.. never getting a game.. only coming on for O'Gara for the last 10 mins.. I remember one game.. where england/france were beating us.. and Humphrey's came on.. and played magically.. we didn't win because we were so far behind but he was amazing

you never know..his brother might take O'Gara's place

and also thinking back.. in the Ireland New Zealand game.. carter was crap.. infact I'd say O'Gara played better..

But one guy who did shine was David Wallace.. the guy plays great.. in everygame

Latest posts