• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 2007/08

T

tomrugbyking10

Does anybody know of any fixtures in the south of France anytime after the 18th August?

The calendar just has been set, The top14 will start 26th of october.

See the schedule here :
http://www.lnr.fr/Client/Menus.asp?CR=16354&CSR=16378

The South is quite large.

Bayonne, Dax, Toulouse, Biarritz Albi, Montauban, Perpignan, Castres, Auch are cities located at the southwest.

Montpellier is plain south.

However, some friendlies have been set. Expect very experimental teams and rules and the atmosphere will be nowhere near what you could expect during a regular top14 match :
http://lnr.fr/Client/Menus.asp?CR=16355&am...0&Cle=93018

Except for the capital city and Bourgoin, rugby in France is played only in the southwest part of the country.

Except for the capital city and Bourgoin, rugby in France is played only in the southwest part of the country. [/b]

Let's say that Rugby is sport number 1 in South West but it is played in many other areas such as Toulon (South-East), Grenoble (Alps), Clermont-Ferrand (Auvergne in the centre of the country), La Rochelle (West on the Atlantic coast) and many other places.

The first region in France in term of number of players is the Paris region also called Ile-de-France.

I agree with DonBilly. Now Rugby has become a very popular sport in the entire country. I come from Ariege, a region in south of Toulouse, where Rugby is the sport number 1 but I have a lot of friends who are playing In different regions of France: Paris, Toulon, Marseille, Clermont, Albertville, etc...
With the World Cup 2007 in France, I hope the rugby will become still more popular than it is.

The Stade Francais is going to win a new time this League!
No, seriously :
A lot of players left the Stade Francais so it will be hard to win this year.
But We hope for a new trophy!!(H Cup??? :) )

The Stade Francais is going to win a new time this League!
No, seriously :
A lot of players left the Stade Francais so it will be hard to win this year.
But We hope for a new trophy!!(H Cup??? :) ) [/b]

I think the ASM Clermont should be the favourite. They've kept most of their players and have made very good recruitment such as Bonnaire and Smit.

this year i don't know if paris can win again my favorite are clermont and biarritz.
Clermont have a good bench now and biarritz do a good recruitment.
I'm a little afraid for toulouse because they have not number 10 and the international player will be very tired..
I don't know about bourgoin because they lose lot of players but they have good young team?

I think that the usual suspects Paris, Biarritz and Toulouse will be at the top of the league. In addition of them I think that Clermont should also finish among the four first teams.

Perpignan I don't know, the putch may have destabilize the team, otherwise before this happened their recruitment was quite good.

Eventually Castres could be the surprize team like Clermont last year.

I don't think Bourgoin is among the favourites. It will take them some time before they come back to the form they showed some years ago.

I think next season will be quite differente then last ones because of World cup...

A lot of international players will be tired after many months of competitions and, perhaps, we'll have some surprise in june 2008.....

For the moment, i really enjoy to see my team, Montpellier, in its new home stadium the 27th of october against USAP....

Who will win Top 14 this year ? Paris ? Toulouse ? Biarritz ?

I would like USAP :bana: :bana: :bana:

I would say Toulouse, but I would also like usap, they are certainly not a bad team but not such a great one either, but if they ply with self confidents an fully potensial, they can do it

I would hazard a guess at Clermont...

Pretty decent team, were good last season and have done pretty well with player recruitment/retainment.

USAP = Perpignan

Ah! Yes..Perpignan.

Excellent team with a lot of youths and future French stars.

but I'm a fan of Biarritz and Biarritz all the way.

for me Toulouse is going to regain the buckler of brennus

stade toulousain with byron kelleher

Perpignan will be a big team with players as Percy Montgomery
But, for me, the champion will be Biarritz.

Latest posts