• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 11

there may not be children but there are a few with the intelligence off, or maturity does not always mean cheese!!!!! curious i ask myself why would you talk to cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D lots of confused braincells in this world gastoni !! Blaming people for precisely the things they do themselves. Very curious...but very common !

The starting XV and bench for tonights game against Brive, will be seeing Ben Lucas at some point for the first time (medical joker for FTD), not Montpellier's best but hopefully will do the job!!!!!!!! Gastons predicktions easy this week, ALL HOME WINS, Joker Castres!!!!!!!!!!!

Le XV de départ:
Fall ; Ranger, Ebersohn, Olivier, Viriviri ; (o) Selponi, (m) Pélissié ; Bias, Mowen, Ouedraogo (cap) ; Privat, Timani ; King, Ivaldi, Watremez.

Les remplaçants: Bianchin, Lobo, Tchale-Watchou, Galletier, Iribaren, Lucas, Sicart, Coria.

Toulouse.JPG

Not a good compo by any means. Poitrenaud was pulled out of his near-retirement

Coq au vin (Kakovin) can't scrum for Eff

Lamboley's zimmer frame will stumble into rucks before he does himself which can't be good

we have 1 tank and 1 headless chicken as centres

and Palisson only gets in because he is still not quite ready for the U12

Luc Mac is not a real 10 even if we maori-tatooed the number on his arse with a hot iron

I will have a look at Bordeaux line-up and see what I can extract before phoning Guytounet (Noves) with some hot tips I'm sure he is in dire need of....

The bench is showing far more promises, I'd like to see our 2 young espoirs again Baille 21 and Marchand 19 who have impressed since the start of the season essentially because unlike the older imports acting as forwards THESE BOYS CAN SCRUM, as well as Camara 20 who escaped a freezing cold bench in Paris he absolutely does not need to sit on...

Last edited:
The starting XV and bench for tonights game against Brive, will be seeing Ben Lucas at some point for the first time (medical joker for FTD), not Montpellier's best but hopefully will do the job!!!!!!!! Gastons predicktions easy this week, ALL HOME WINS, Joker Castres!!!!!!!!!!!

Le XV de départ:
Fall ; Ranger, Ebersohn, Olivier, Viriviri ; (o) Selponi, (m) Pélissié ; Bias, Mowen, Ouedraogo (cap) ; Privat, Timani ; King, Ivaldi, Watremez.

Les remplaçants: Bianchin, Lobo, Tchale-Watchou, Galletier, Iribaren, Lucas, Sicart, Coria.

A little bit disappointed because I hoped so much to see Sicart in the starting XV.

I read this afternoon, that Rene Ranger is ill. So maybe Fall could play as a winger and Sicart entering the starting XV as full back? But who would enter the bench? Artru?

has anyone got the toulon team ? there is a young scottish lock who play's for them and apparently he's starting

please excuse Toulon for fielding imported meat again, all their able Frenchmen got on the wrong train and ended up in Paris for the week-end

Last edited:
has anyone got the toulon team ? there is a young scottish lock who play's for them and apparently he's starting
Here you are (I think that Andrew Cramond is the player you are talking about):
Compo_RCT_Castres_1000.jpg

On a French forum, a Toulon fan answered me that Cramond seems to have a good future in Toulon's professional team.

Hey ! I'm the Varois on this forum ! I'm the closest thing to a Toulonais here. It's going to be his first game, haven't heard about him all year long. Boy, Toulon have reeaaally gone and picked in the baby strollers...I can understand why they panicked this bad, they've got about 8 greasy face teenagers in there.

And you're right FrenchFan. But callin David a headless chicken, ay ?? :p I'd say more like we have two tanks at center there for the weekend.
Palisson has never got a chance to find his highest form again as he's played almost no minutes since the RWC final in Toulon and only now he's a Toulousain and hasn't had a chance to show what he can do, plus he isn't a 15, he's a winger.....
You see how Samoa were nice enough to leave us Census ! :lol: "yeaaaah, even we don't want him in our scrum anymore. You can have em, Toulouse !"

COMPOSITION_EQUIPE_UBBST.jpg

Strong UBB side, but with Bernard on the bench. Beauxis starting against his old tribe.

10675575_932737313421735_3463880318803150174_n.jpg

VERSUS

10612870_750669981679909_3070340092413372871_n.jpg

And

10712443_10152519706716313_8281698378134206711_o.jpg

Boy, Racing survive the internationals well...got a very, very nice competitive team there.

dont even ask disgusted with our performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, the players were locked in the changing rooms till 1.45 hr after the game lots was said, glad i'm going on holiday wont see them for 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!! last night i was very very angry with them all.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ! I'm the Varois on this forum ! I'm the closest thing to a Toulonais here. It's going to be his first game, haven't heard about him all year long. Boy, Toulon have reeaaally gone and picked in the baby strollers...I can understand why they panicked this bad, they've got about 8 greasy face teenagers in there.

And you're right FrenchFan. But callin David a headless chicken, ay ?? :p I'd say more like we have two tanks at center there for the weekend.
Palisson has never got a chance to find his highest form again as he's played almost no minutes since the RWC final in Toulon and only now he's a Toulousain and hasn't had a chance to show what he can do, plus he isn't a 15, he's a winger.....
You see how Samoa were nice enough to leave us Census ! :lol: "yeaaaah, even we don't want him in our scrum anymore. You can have em, Toulouse !"

he's a headless chicken driving a plough....this is the Ligne Maginot of centres, they have been picked for one thing alone : DEFENSE runutudju :devil:

I don't get the 'us' when you talk about my team and my club.....

not sure you can been vetted as a true Toulouse fan...jury still out :lol:

you're a varois why not support Toulon?

This Derby de la Haute Garoonneuh could be a tight affair. It is a poor Toulouse pick vs a solid UBB pick only missing Bernard

If the game goes agst us I hope we empty the bench

Census will have his work cut out with the new crop of youngsters coming thru now: watch our new boys all frontrowers Cyril Baille and Julien Marchand the latter can play prop and hooker and was exceptional agst SF. These boys are going to displace the imported meat very soon....

Last edited:
Is Galthie the answer to France's problems?!!

Answer after the shambles that was Montypellier last night is surely NO...........with nearly twice the money available to Brive, Montypellier were outplayed, out thought and lost the battle of wills that is so necessary in the Top 14....they were beaten to the breakdown, beaten in the scrums, beaten in the will to win and the desire to play for their team mates. All to a team with a track record of away losses that is as long as my.............well, arm I suppose!!!!

I do not understand the mentally crushing decision to take off Salami, unless he had an injury, at half time. Sure, they wanted Lucas to come off the bench but surely let the youngster, who did not have a bad game, play for at least the hour?

Great, great performance from Brive who have not looked that good all season or maybe it was because Montypellier played so badly that it looked better than it was? Maybe a bit of both.

Sure there are a lot if injuries but that is what the depth of the squad is all about as there were not that many absent on International duty (were there?!!).

Not surprised that they were in the dressing rooms until late and deserved a total shallacking but hope Galthie got one as well as he totally underestimated the opposition, and he obviously did not inspire them enough before the game or at half time, he dropped Salami prematurely and his body language on the touch line was appalling.........

Things can only get better as the song goes...............see you next season!!!!

Last edited:
Answer after the shambles that was Montypellier last night is surely NO...........with nearly twice the money available to Brive, Montypellier were outplayed, out thought and lost the battle of wills that is so necessary in the Top 14....they were beaten to the breakdown, beaten in the scrums, beaten in the will to win and the desire to play for their team mates. All to a team with a track record of away losses that is as long as my.............well, arm I suppose!!!!

I do not understand the mentally crushing decision to take off Salami, unless he had an injury, at half time. Sure, they wanted Lucas to come off the bench but surely let the youngster, who did not have a bad game, play for at least the hour?

Great, great performance from Brive who have not looked that good all season or maybe it was because Montypellier played so badly that it looked better than it was? Maybe a bit of both.

Sure there are a lot if injuries but that is what the depth of the squad is all about as there were not that many absent of International duty (were there?!!).

Not surprised that they were in the dressing rooms until late and deserved a total shallacking but hope Galthie got one as well as he totally underestimated the opposition, and he obviously did not inspire them enough before the game or at half time, he dropped Salami prematurely and his body language on the touch line was appalling.........

Things can only get better as the song goes...............see you next season!!!!

He isn't IMO. He's been made to by the media. And everyone is buying into it. But the media are prone to look for some kind of Saviour, when the answer does not revolve around one man but fixing a dysfunctional system. Same lark with the No 10 jersey.

I suspect Galthié's personal ambition will mislead him into taking a job he should stay well away from
. He should stick with his club for a while and concentrate on fullfilling his club's great potential. Montpellier have potential to win le Bouclier but they need his coaching for another 2 to 3 years to also become a real force in Europe.

Montpellier are in a bit of a dip now but they should bounce back. They have the quality to.

Last edited:

Selponi, please. Instead of Salami.:D

I must say that I haven't understood too. Selponi wasn't worse than anyone else on the pitch.

I must say that I haven't understood too. Selponi wasn't worse than anyone else on the pitch.

He will always be Salami to me.....a sign of admiration rather than derision!!!

I think the lad has a really bright future!!

yes, Tony, we're all for a good laugh on these boards but deforming players' names, I mean, there's just a limit to things and that can only come across as disrespectful, and I say this amicably..
So I guess Trinh-Duc's absence has left an indelible mark on this squad, although obviously that isn't all of it. May this serve as a lesson to MP but also an example for all Top 14 teams: if you look down on teams and snob them and don't show the commitment (which I imagine they didn't) needed to win games - ANY game - then you fall face flat on the ground. Brive installing itself comfortably in Altrad is embarrassing for the home team.

@FrenchFan: oh I'm clearly not a true Toulouse fan, that much has been established, but it's still so much more fun to be ambiguous about one's allegiance. You wouldn't understand...you're so stubborn and 'nombriliste' you will never experience the freedom and lightness of being a leaf in the wind - ♫ the answer my friend, is blowing in the wind ♫ I'm a Toulounze guy. Var + Haute Garonne ! :p

oh and, for your ligne Maginot, yes, it's going to DEFONCE SA RRRRRRACE at midfield on both ends, def and offense.

gaston_rogntudju.jpg

Castres got a nice XV for Toulon

Le XV de départ de Castres face à Toulon : 15.Palis ; 14.Sivivatu, 13.Cabannes, 12.Evans, 11.Grosso ; 10.Dumora, 9.Garcia ; 7.Caballero, 8.Beattie, 6.Diarra ; 5.Capo Ortega, 4.Samson ; 3.Montes, 2.Mach, 1.Taumoepeau.
Les remplaçants : 16.Bonello, 17.Houerie, 18.Desroche, 19.Bornman, 20.Dupont, 21.Martial, 22.Combezou, 23.Mamoiton.

Bench isn't great, but that xv is very nice for such an undermanned "small" club.

we'll make you a life member if you bend down on your knees in Ernest Wallon's muck. I'm happy to mislead a hesitant Varois into our fold :D

here's my frivolous mindset of the moment

Stade Toulonzain.jpg

I'm a Stade Toulonzain fan. At heart !