• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 15...

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
This weekends fixtures, inbetween 6 Nations so will the coaches be fielding full teams or will the Internationals be rested or on the bench.

Du 19 au 21 Février 2016 [TABLE="class: classic-table matchs-table hr-link-table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: sorting-desc"] Date[/TH]
[TH="class: text-right, colspan: 2"]Domicile[/TH]
[TH="class: text-center, colspan: 3"]Score[/TH]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Extérieur[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 19/02[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SFP
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-a"]
LogParis-d1b84_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-before-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 20h45[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-after-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-b"]
Club-Rugby-Brive-Correze-limousin.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] CABCL
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 20/02[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] CO
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-castres-olympique.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 14h45[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Clermont-auvergne-ASM.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ASM
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] UBB
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Union-bordeaux-Belges_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 18h30[/TD]
rugby-club-sporting-union-agen-lot-et-garonne.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SUA
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] MHR
[/TD]
Club-rugby-montpellier-herault.png
[/TD]
rugby-club-section-paloise-bearn-pyrenees.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] FCG
[/TD]
Club-rugby-FC-grenoble-rugby.png
[/TD]
logo_racing92_2015.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] R92
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ASR
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Atlantique-stade-rochelais-la-rochelle_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 20h45[/TD]
s.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ST
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 21/02[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] USO
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Oyonnax.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 16h15[/TD]
logo_toulon_rct_2015_2016_3_etoiles_hd.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] RCT
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
All home wins except Racing, Toulouse & Toulon. ASM's injury list shows no sign of abating & I can't see the international players featuring. Hope I'm wrong on this

Stade Français has lost its last two games and can't afford not to field its internationals, all the French ones and Parisse as well. Guirado will feature for Toulon, he's too important for them not to.
I figure Toulouse will try to rest some of its French internationals, even though Bézy and Doussain will play, as they probably won't start next week. Don't know about Racing, they're probably annoyed to have lost Ben Arous to injury, and Machenaud is their best 9 by far.
Overall, with the Top 4 teams playing away, they have to play their best team to hope for a result, so I don't think that many Frenchmen will get a rest ahead of the Wales game.

I think this weekend there could be a couple of away wins, so Gastons predicktions for Day 15 are Home wins for Montpellier, ( never any doubt) Castres, Bordeaux, Paris but they could struggle against an inform Brive, La Rochelle, I'm going to go for away wins for Toulon and Racing, not that i really believe this its just to be different and if it comes off you will all be worshipping me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thats a joke, just in case some of you are still dreaming)

Bench looks good by Stade Francais - Parisse, Plisson, Danty, Slimani

SF are currently 11th in the Top14 and a long way from challenging for the play offs.
However, let's not write them off. They are surely targeting a bonus point win against Brive to begin moving up the table.
At the end of the season, I'd be surprised if they weren't in the top 6.

The Montpellier team to play Pau tonight ko.18.30

XV de départ
: Mogg ; Malzieu, Lucas, Ebersohn, O'Connor ; (o) Trinh-Duc, (m) Paillaugue ; J. Du Plessis, Qera, Liebenberg ; Willemse, Donnelly ; Kubriashvili, B. Du Plessis, Nariashvili. Les remplaçants: Ivaldi, Watremez, Tchale-Watchou, Mowen, White, Catrakilis, Reilhac, J. Du Plessis.
With 3 ex Montpellier players in the Pau squad could be a family affair!!!!!!!

Le XV de départ: Traille ; Fumat, Smith, Vatubua, Votu ; (o) Slade, (m) Daubagna ; Butler, Coughlan, Bernad ; Ramsay, Pierre ; Orlandi, Boundjema, King.
Remplaçants: Bianchin, Jacquot, Domolailai, Bouilhou, Marques, Fernandez, Malié, Murray.

Last edited:
The Montpellier team to play Pau tonight ko.18.30

XV de départ
: Mogg ; Malzieu, Lucas, Ebersohn, O'Connor ; (o) Trinh-Duc, (m) Paillaugue ; J. Du Plessis, Qera, Liebenberg ; Willemse, Donnelly ; Kubriashvili, B. Du Plessis, Nariashvili. Les remplaçants: Ivaldi, Watremez, Tchale-Watchou, Mowen, White, Catrakilis, Reilhac, J. Du Plessis.
With 3 ex Montpellier players in the Pau squad could be a family affair!!!!!!!

Le XV de départ: Traille ; Fumat, Smith, Vatubua, Votu ; (o) Slade, (m) Daubagna ; Butler, Coughlan, Bernad ; Ramsay, Pierre ; Orlandi, Boundjema, King.
Remplaçants: Bianchin, Jacquot, Domolailai, Bouilhou, Marques, Fernandez, Malié, Murray.

And if they don't win by a cricket score ...........I'm a chinaman!

Wow! The petrol and the oyster men throw in a couple of shocks there!!!

it's sport and it happens, just not good when you are on the receiving end !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BO up to the dizzy heights of 13th in ProD2 - next match away to Béziers who could be challenging for a return to the Top14, after how many years?

Pau's remarkable victory in Montpellier gives them some welcome distance from Oyonnax and Agen who now have one foot in Pro D2.

Just seen the highlights....have to say never seen Traille look as fit!!

Just seen the highlights....have to say never seen Traille look as fit!!

Cos when he was with BO, he maybe had the same training programme as fat boy Serge!! (is Serge a pal of yours, TM?!)

Last edited:
Cos when he was with BO, he maybe had the same training programme as fat boy Serge!! (is Serge a pal of yours, TM?!)

.......maybe because he did not give a rat's arse more likely!!

Yeah I love one of the greatest players to ever play the game for the way he has brought a once great club to its knees - in free fall on the pitch and financially!!

Why could he have not learned from La Rochelle who have been the direct opposite to BO and employed some decent management??!!

.......maybe because he did not give a rat's arse more likely!!

Yeah I love one of the greatest players to ever play the game for the way he has brought a once great club to its knees - in free fall on the pitch and financially!!

Why could he have not learned from La Rochelle who have been the direct opposite to BO and employed some decent management??!!

Ouchhh! I've touched a nerve! So SB certainly wasn't on your Christmas card list, TM!!!
On La Rochelle, they have been transformed from a small club to a club that has the respect of all the big ones.

Exactly and BO have gone from a big one to a nothing club in 5 years!!

Yes, the old nerves are raw even after my leaving the most wonderful Pay Basques but hope lives on!

One can only hope a benefactor can be found and Budda be man enough to let them take over......and just Eff Off!!

Here endeth this particular rant......

Latest posts