• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 22

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody style="list-style: none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">[TR="class: infoboxheadlite, bgcolor: #E9EAEA"]
[TH="bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4"]22e Journée[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: altrow, bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"]21/03[/TD]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"]20:45[/TD]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]ASM Clermont[/TD]
[TD]Rugby Club Toulonnais[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"]22/03[/TD]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"]15:00[/TD]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Stade Fanjeaux[/TD]
[TD]Stade Toulousain[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"] - [/TD]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"]18:30[/TD]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Aviron Bayonnais[/TD]
[TD]Union Bordeaux-Bègles[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Castres Olympique[/TD]
[TD]CA Brive-Corrèze[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Oyonnax[/TD]
[TD]Montypellier Hérault Rugby[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Perpignan[/TD]
[TD]Biarritz Opeless[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"]20:35[/TD]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Grenoble[/TD]
[TD]Racing Métro 92[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The world is coming back to normal......that pesky 6N is out of the way and the Top 14 is back in all its splendour with most players (bar Internationals, Oyonnax and the Losers) back after two weeks holiday and raring to go.............

As always, will depend on the team selection by the away teams but can the likes of RCT, UBB, Montypellier or Racing really afford to take the foot of the gas considering how tight the table is? I do not think so although they have to balance game time against the end of season fixture mayhem that brought even the mighty Toulon to its knees last year.

For me at this stage it is ASM, ST, AB (hopefully I am wrong!!), Castres, MHR, USAP and FCG................but who knows!!

Only one things is for sure.........it will be exciting!!!

I disagree partly about your prédictions...

Brive could well surprise : the Coujoux have been near (many times) to win away this year and they search again this first victory far from home... Brive will play without any pressure and Castres has a lot more to loose. (and not toulouse lol)

ASM Toulon will be the match to see also, but ASM at home, hard to beat...

Like you, I think Toulouse will win away, not easily, but should win on what they have shown lately...

Montpellier should win, but Oyo is playing their last cards to save their championships, it's not easy to beat them especially as they will play in front of their own crowd.

USAP and Biarritz is very undecise, both teams are playing poorly this year... I think USAP will win but the margin will depend on B.O (giving up = thrashing defeat, fighting spirit = honorablous defeat).

I think Grenoble will want to secure their place in top 14, then they should beat Metro racing, but I think it will be a tight match again, as Metro needs points to hope to do the play off...

Sorry about the thread ***le....bloody computers!!

I disagree partly about your prédictions...

Brive could well surprise : the Coujoux have been near (many times) to win away this year and they search again this first victory far from home... Brive will play without any pressure and Castres has a lot more to loose. (and not toulouse lol)

ASM Toulon will be the match to see also, but ASM at home, hard to beat...

Like you, I think Toulouse will win away, not easily, but should win on what they have shown lately...

Montpellier should win, but Oyo is playing their last cards to save their championships, it's not easy to beat them especially as they will play in front of their own crowd.

USAP and Biarritz is very undecise, both teams are playing poorly this year... I think USAP will win but the margin will depend on B.O (giving up = thrashing defeat, fighting spirit = honorablous defeat).

I think Grenoble will want to secure their place in top 14, then they should beat Metro racing, but I think it will be a tight match again, as Metro needs points to hope to do the play off...

I think that I am right in saying the only thing we are different on is whether your team can beat Castres!!

I gave the me the benefit of home ground and Brive away form but am happy to bow to your more pertinent knowledge in this instance!!

Looks like another all home wins except for you know who but my predictions will be later on this week after i have been to training on Tues or Wed, but good games this weekend with Stade Franchouillard vToulouse and Clermont v Toulon (punishment over B E) can Clermont make it 74 home wins in succession , they nearly lost it last season against Toulon when Giteau was pinged and James kicked the winning penalty.

Last edited:
I think that I am right in saying the only thing we are different on is whether your team can beat Castres!!

I gave the me the benefit of home ground and Brive away form but am happy to bow to your more pertinent knowledge in this instance!!

LOL... I wanted to say "pas tout à fait d'accord"... and in fact, I think many games aren't that sure... the home wins seem a Rule lately, especially for some referees (few exceptions, like the last BO vs Oyo).

Sorry about the thread ***le....bloody computers!!

hey don't worry about it...we're all god awful for some reason on these Top 14 threads...oh but it seems though that you've made a mistake with Biarritz O.....ohh....oh, no no, carry on !

that's right gaston, your torment is over now ! You can say it loud n clear: CLERMONT.

Also, "Stade Fanjeaux", not bad...hopefully CAB will get what's going on here soon enough.

A couple of very interesting first matchups there. Toulouse may very well under-perform again on the road...
And can fortress Oyonnax hold up for yet another big big game at home ? This time Montypellier...they've been absolutely incredible this year at home.

I was told on Sat by one of the Greater Gods of Montypellier that we would win at Oyonnax on Sat evening, dont think it will be easy but we have had a good week / 10 days off, while Oyonnax had to play a game, which they won but the end of season fatigue is probably there and like others the injuries are always present. The Greater God also said we would win the Bouclier this season but he had already samplied a few drops of my infamous malts when he unveiled his latest prophecy!!!!!!!!!!
must go, off to press training to see the boys and upset the journos!!!!!!!!!!

hey don't worry about it...we're all god awful for some reason on these Top 14 threads...oh but it seems though that you've made a mistake with Biarritz O.....ohh....oh, no no, carry on !

that's right gaston, your torment is over now ! You can say it loud n clear: CLERMONT.

Also, "Stade Fanjeaux", not bad...hopefully CAB will get what's going on here soon enough.

A couple of very interesting first matchups there. Toulouse may very well under-perform again on the road...
And can fortress Oyonnax hold up for yet another big big game at home ? This time Montypellier...they've been absolutely incredible this year at home.

I wouldn't bet on it the intl are back! dont think they'll get much of a rest but its great to see a full squad again :)

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody style="list-style: none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">[TR="class: infoboxheadlite, bgcolor: #E9EAEA"]
[TH="bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4"]22e Journée[/TH]
[/TR]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"]21/03[/TD]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"]20:45[/TD]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]ASM Clermont[/TD]
[TD]Rugby Club Toulonnais[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"]22/03[/TD]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"]15:00[/TD]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Stade Fanjeaux[/TD]
[TD]Stade Toulousain[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Aviron Bayonnais[/TD]
[TD]Union Bordeaux-Bègles[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Castres Olympique[/TD]
[TD]CA Brive-Corrèze[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Oyonnax[/TD]
[TD]Montypellier Hérault Rugby[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Perpignan[/TD]
[TD]Biarritz Opeless[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: textcenter, align: center"]20:35[/TD]
[TD="class: textright, align: right"]Grenoble[/TD]
[TD]Racing Métro 92[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The world is coming back to normal......that pesky 6N is out of the way and the Top 14 is back in all its splendour with most players (bar Internationals, Oyonnax and the Losers) back after two weeks holiday and raring to go.............

As always, will depend on the team selection by the away teams but can the likes of RCT, UBB, Montypellier or Racing really afford to take the foot of the gas considering how tight the table is? I do not think so although they have to balance game time against the end of season fixture mayhem that brought even the mighty Toulon to its knees last year.

For me at this stage it is ASM, ST, AB (hopefully I am wrong!!), Castres, MHR, USAP and FCG................but who knows!!

Only one things is for sure.........it will be exciting!!!

yes at last normal service resumes, the 6N lark is behind us... things are shaping up nicely with some terrific games coming B)

yes at last normal service resumes, the 6N lark is behind us... things are shaping up nicely with some terrific games coming B)

for sure. Looking forward to next weekend big time. Can't wait to see Toulouse in full service, as Clermont, Castres, Stade Fanjeaux.

Depuis le 21 novembre 2009, et une victoire de Biarritz (16-13), le Michelin n'a connu ni défaite, ni match nul. Quatre ans et quatre mois que ça dure. 73 victoires, 58 en Top14, 15 en H Cup, et des statistiques impressionnantes. Plus de 3,5 essais inscrits par match, pour un score moyen de 34 à 13 pour les Auvergnats.
Just thought i would print this from Rugbyrama, it says....................
Since the 21 nov 2009 and a BO victory by 16-13, the stadium Marcel Michelin has not know a defeat or a drawn game, 4 years and 4 months undefeated, 73 consecutive victories to date, 58 in TOP 14, 15 in the H Cup with incredible stats of 3.5 tries per match and a score on average of 34-13 to Clermont, this weekend they take on Toulon, match of the 2 top teams in the TOP 14 will Clermont lose their incredible record this weekend NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but when one day it does go its going to take some beating.
Bravo Clermont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dammmnnn, an average score of '34 to 13' at home in that many games, that's All-Black like. Better than the AB's in fact, although it's against domestic opposition of course...

One thing is for absolute sure for me. No debate. They're BY FAR the most elegant, clean playing team in all of Europe.
They've got a big front row and powerful scrum, warrior forwards who get the job done every day with a very neat/"clean" style who can all throw a nice pass btw, even the bigger Cudmores, a super polished HB combination of Parra+Brock James, beautiful to watch centers in Stanley/Fofana/Rougerie, they've got silky, elegant runners on the wing with the likes of Julien Malzieu or Noa Nakaitaci and those are just the replacements mind you with the brilliant, near Rugby genius Sivivatu and always awesome Nalaga. Lee Byrne, also very elegant at 15 an Jean-Marcelin Buttin what an aesthetically pleasing athlete.

They're really a joy for any Rugby fan, admittedly or not.

999953_798731986822269_688401566_n.jpg

Agreed gaston !!! :lol:

Now just look at that squad. Gorgeous. Pure quality, and they play so superbly well together. But honestly they have just too much quality in the backs. It's a waste.
Buttin, Nakaitaci or Malzieu should be starters in the Top 14.

Don't you just love the Top14..........................

Sorry to be leaving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

........even more sad that will not be back in my lifetime................Allez Montypellier!!

Nous aimons MHR...................et Gaston!!!!

You could always move nearer to Montpellier, as i cant see you supporting Bayonne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
could even introduce you to Isabelle next time she's in town!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After looking at BE posting of team Clermont are Toulon going to bother sending a team as Clermont looks dammed impressive and cant see them losing that, with a team like that on the park, the ref could be the deciding factor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
You could always move nearer to Montpellier, as i cant see you supporting Bayonne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
could even introduce you to Isabelle next time she's in town!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/

..............................you are making it sound very attractive!!]

After looking at BE posting of team Clermont are Toulon going to bother sending a team as Clermont looks dammed impressive and cant see them losing that, with a team like that on the park, the ref could be the deciding factor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it will be a real cracker especially if they both play their open rugby! Can't look past ASM though..............

Things starting to change at BO, Fattie is ready to sweep clean his coaching staff and odds on he is going to employ les Feres Grimms......... actually Marc and Tomas Lievremont, as they are both ex players the decision could be the best that Sergio has made in a long time. If they can keep the majority of their players , although i think large amounts of rats have already abandonned the sinking ship, they could possibly make a return fairly quickly and Tony will not have to sell his house and buy a very expensive one in Montypellier.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le XV de départ: D. Armitage ; Palisson, Wulf, Giteau, Tuisova ; (o) Michalak, (m) Tillous-Borde ; Bruni, S. Armitage, J. Smith ; Williams, Suta ; Hayman, Burden, Chiocci. Les remplaçants: Noirot, Fresia, Rossouw, Gunther, Wilkinson, Belan, Claassens, Chilachava.

Nice team, but they're not winning in Clermont...
happy to see a little more of our Frenchies in starting action: Palisson, Freddie, TB, Bruni, Suta, Chiocci.

Latest posts