• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 3

Clermont v Montpellier is the game of the weekend for me. Toulon v Racing should be a good one. Licking my lips in anticipation.

Ca va envoyer du bois !!!

haha, we'll get to see Nicolas Mas vs Thomas Domingo ! Thanks for posting Cymro, nice to have a darn Taff on our chaotic yet part-divine Top 14 pages !!
Nice, we get to see some Fofana and Fall starting at the wing, where he should always be.

Clermont v Montpellier is the game of the weekend for me. Toulon v Racing should be a good one. Licking my lips in anticipation.

Ca va envoyer du bois !!!

well you better settle for that one, Toulouse being La Rochelle's first scalp of the Top 14 is going to be rough to watch !!

no problem. I told you 3 months ago the season for us is a big write-off. Making up numbers and bottom half of the league. Now i can live with it. Many won't.

not sure i have to agree about Fall on the wing he has done pretty good at fullbackas well, so i think he will not be wasted on the wing as his speed seems to be improving all the time, its just he combines so well at speed with the centres / centre wing, his defence is not too shabby neither, but whichever position he plays he is an asset and as long as he stays injury free it will be a bonus.

Toulouse will make the Top 6 man, come on. I'm not sure there'll be a change at all in this year's final Top 6...maybe Castres out and Stade Flamboyant or Bordeaux in ??...

And yes gastres, Fall can REALLY tackle.

why do i get a different name everytime you post somrthing to do with ALZIMMERFRAME? or someother sort of ageism!!!!!!!

why do i get a different name everytime you post somrthing to do with ALZIMMERFRAME? or someother sort of ageism!!!!!!!

I'm not sure really, gascon...these Top 14 boards have always had something a little eerie to them, like they're haunted in a very "flatulent" (?) sort of way. They seem to be governed by distorted laws, like everything or most of what is typed in here becomes "farty", disproportionate...I definitely blame (secretly) Tonic Water for this curse, for he was here at the very Genesis, before things began to be. His madness has since then been tamed by the influence of other more normal men, such as you and myself, but there resides still a great gasy enchantment in him, a glow of that mystic, mischievous malice in his eye. We are condemned to be forever displaced, out of sync. Such is the way...of the Top 14 threads on TRF.

I can go with that no problem but my dear wife is allergic to Tonic Water so we will have to be careful or it could get very messy, and we would not want that now would we !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well not on the TOP 14 boards, suppose we could use the Pro D2 boards, already messssssy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough with the Messy already, we're no football fans...
And oh, gastouche dearest...I certainly wouldn't want you to think I'd possibly be aiming at you as I say these things, you know me, pure and aw, so wholesome...
but I do recall just now, strangely a distant (well not so distant) memory from last season...I believe it was this exact fixture on the verge of occurring in a few hours...that Clermont beat Montypellier senseless with 14 players...I believe the score was 42-16 (also out of mere memory...).
A true blast from the past !

Verbose, the old Big Ewis you would say. Opens up his yapper a bit too much and doesn't seem to have a point at all. Well here it is though: do you reckon with 15 men they'll put 80 past MP ?

giphy.gif

This is true 42-16 but then at Montypellier it was 43-3 so that makes it 59-45 to Montpellier and we scored tries in both matches whereas Clermont did not and this is history!!!!!!!! does history repeat itself sometimes YES sometimes NO there will be no excuses if we lose!!! helped by the usual cheats bad reffing etc but remember it is my JOKER SO I CANT LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Beware the Ides of Augustus Septemberus are amongst you things will go bang in the night i am coming to get you B. E. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halfpenny injured, discarded, etc? Just can't see him displacing Armitage.

This is true 42-16 but then at Montypellier it was 43-3 so that makes it 59-45 to Montpellier and we scored tries in both matches whereas Clermont did not and this is history!!!!!!!! does history repeat itself sometimes YES sometimes NO there will be no excuses if we lose!!! helped by the usual cheats bad reffing etc but remember it is my JOKER SO I CANT LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Beware the Ides of Augustus Septemberus are amongst you things will go bang in the night i am coming to get you B. E. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH NOOOOOOO !!!!!!!! :cryy: I was only playing tough guy with a pseudo-literary lyrical style behind my keyboard but really I'm just a poor harmless little shiit, don't do it !!!!!!
But it's true, what you say...a good retort. That was quite something, I remember it...that's when everybody started taking Montypellier for real, absolutely crushing Clermont like that. 3 points, Clermont scored. Damn !
Alas, Clermont aren't the same these days...they were absolutely magnificent, nothing short of it, in 2013. They still looked very good last year. This year, they're doing well so far but this is sort of their first real big game. They've been good but with lots amiss so far this season, kind of like MP really. I'd say Clermont, with hesitance for the bonus...but I'll just say Clermont, no bonus for either party.

Yes, Holliver, I'll post this out nice and clear for everyone to see:

10551677_885900844771175_439230453038402671_o.jpg

Draggs, I thought with Wilko gone, Boudjellal bringing in HP was a good move in the scope of kicking for goal. But seeing how Giteau is owning it and playing like he's a world class FH in every possible sense atm, and Armitage being his regular athletic self, and a guy who's been firmly installed into the Toulon contingent, I feel HP kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.
Very happy to see what Barcela can manage today after being heralded as the best 1 in the world some 5 years ago. Haven't seen him in a WHILE.
He'll be up against the big fat Ducalcon, here, your home-side Racingmen for the weekend:

10653609_10152379914811313_7053217753426986252_n.jpg

Very cool to see Ben Arous start some games on the left of the scrum. Very hopeful for the French youngster. With Szar and Ducalcon, an all-French front row. Also "all-French", the back row :p A classic Racing squad really, and French espoir and youngster second row Fabrice Metz off the bench.

Overall a VERY experimental for TOULON, and widely second.third string side, that, mind you, still can hold its own. Young Escande at 9 with the Mich at 10, maybe could be productive.

Nice Bordeaux squad going to Grenoble tomorrow at sundown:
COMPOSITION_EQUIPE_FCGUBB.jpg

Awesome second row. Assassin-deadly wings. And Beauxis, a very underrated player leading the charge. Thibault Lacroix, big center. Missing some really good guys though.

Paris squad to go defy Oyonnax, remember, Paris are the only team to have beaten Oyonnax at home last year. NO OTHER TEAM managed to do that:

10646981_713953045351603_7212914517925067052_n.jpg

Very second-stringy. Won't win in Oyonnax.

Abendadon yellow carded after 25 minutes for stupidity!! 3-3

I can't see the game, the streaming is too bad

:mad: :thumbdown:

we are holding our own at the moment half time score 8-6 to Clermont, shame we could not make use of Clermonts yellow for Abendadon, Bardy up to his usual tricks play the man never the ball, but he will not get away with much as Poite is reffing and he has already had 2 warnings.

Doing good Gastonaldi, doing good!

So, what did you decide would go with this game, red, white, rose or something stronger?

Really good game and Montypellier won with the last kick after a monster scrum earned the penalty!!

Very good kicking by FTD and BJ and many of them were not that easy but do not think either them missed more than one?

Looked to me like mas won the battle BE but no doubt Gastonaldi will fill it all in with a huge report once he has sobered up tomorrow!!!