Top 14 Orange FINAL
to be played at Stade France, Paris
on 31st May at 21.00 CEST

(BT Sports 1)

1761.png
RC Toulon v Castres
1539.png

Last edited:
Sorry Tony you got the KO time wrong it's 21.00 but the the venue good, you could already put Montypellier v TBA as well if you want.

Sorry Tony you got the KO time wrong it's 21.00 but the the venue good, you could already put Montypellier v TBA as well if you want.

Sorry....can only say that ESPN RugbyScrum site got it wrong according to the LNR site which agrees with you and, being the official site (and French), must be right!!

oh that already seems soooooo faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar right now....wow. I mean, like, lightyears away...

triple post ! well not really..

so who y'all got now that that European thing is out of the way, ehh ?? Will you concede Tony, that your life-long love, Toulon, will be powerless against Castres, perpetual motor of my soul ?

um may we please get back to the subject off the tread please, thank you

btw COME ON CASTERS!

triple post ! well not really..

so who y'all got now that that European thing is out of the way, ehh ?? Will you concede Tony, that your life-long love, Toulon, will be powerless against Castres, perpetual motor of my soul ?

WE ARE INVINCIBLE...................yesterday was the first half of a stunning double with which the team, the management, and the thousands and thousands of Toulon city residents (of which he will continue to be one) and fans will send JW off into a glorious and successful retirement and new role as KING of Toulon!!!!

Hi Tony what's all this we sh**!!!!!!! will you be moving to Toulon shortly and become their mascott, B. O. BOY turns coat and becomes "Pilou Basque Pilou"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i could not agree more the double for Jonnie he deserves it for what he has given to rugby and it could have been a lot more if it wasn't for his many injuries,
SIR JONNIE KING of TOULON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
but if Toulon fail again this year in the Top 14, Wilko will have never won a Brennus in his career...on one hand like I said, it felt like Jonny was just barely relieved to have won yesterday but looked entirely focused on next week, so I think Toulon are more focused than ever right now because they've been there before, and the taste of defeat was so traumatising, I remember Bastareaud's reaction, some of the other guys...it was just unbearable for them, as their whole Top14 season will have been nothing but a disillusion when they thought for absolute sure they'd be lifting the Brennus after that incredible year.
This year Toulon aren't as invulnerable, have had rougher patches in the season, less prestigious wins, although they did again finish 1st. Last year's Toulon NEVER would've lost in Cardiff (against the Blues), and it seemed almost predictable they would this season, given their form at the time, and surely they did.

The difference this year as Laporte discussed is that they'll be more rested. They're deeper than last year (although missing some guys), and have rotated that roster a whole lot more than last year. Guys have been and will be for the final less burned out.

But on Castres' side: they're undefeated in the playoff stages since last year, and do look better than last year in general. They'll have less of an ability to sneak up on Toulon, as they're the reigning champs and ppl and teams now do expect them to show up. But at the same time, ppl do still underestimate them: nobody gave them the slightest chance in Clermont, understandably, but then again against Montypellier. They go into this final against Toulon, with everybody thinking it's got to end like a fairytale: Jonny wins his Brennus, Toulon win the double, they claim revenge on their foes of a year ago...the big team with the big heroes does it again.
But what if ?? What if Castres beats the odds AGAIN and breaks the natural cycle of things ?

After yesterdays game i reckon Toulon will take the double. Sorry Castres,please proof me wrong.

oh, Toulon could very well lose their balls in this one...very much so, very literally so...just ask a certain member of this forum, if you're not really really careful...you could end up CASTRES-ATED.
(bam, just dropped it like it's dirty....I'm so nasty like dat...)

Latest posts