Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dax

• Other

• Total voters
M

M Two One

It is very early to accurately make predictions to be honest with you all, but the question is intriguing none-the-less! Who will be relegated to Rugby Pro D2 this season? Also for fun, who do you think has the best opportunity to be promoted from Rugby Pro D2? Please explain your choices. If you chose other then please let us know which team(s).

For me personally I think that both newcomers (Auch and Dax) will drop to the second level simply because they are really suffering more then any other team. I expected both to stay up at the beginning of the season and for Dax to compete fairly well. However, things took a turn for the worst when they lost their manager and Auch simply haven't been able to adjust despite their domination last season at the second level.

Brive are a close shave though. They have been struggling the last few seasons just barely avoiding relegation. The club needs to be desperately overhauled from the ground up and given some new life with some cash well spent on better players that can not only offer their skills but form great teamwork and morale all around.

Albi will do fairly well I think towards to stretch of the season. They better do well anyway considering that this is their centenary season! Castres on the other hand will find a way to avoid relegation I'm sure, though I wouldn't bet on it considering the surprise last season with Agen dropping. This was odd and still is to be honest because only a few years ago Agen had made it all the way to the final in Top 14, which they lost to Biarritz Olympique. Making it to the final should solidify your status in the league for many years.

As for promotion to Top 14, I think Toulon will win the Rugby Pro D2 this season. Second place is too difficult to predict at the moment considering how many teams are playing well behind the new coastal giants. Right now Grenoble, Racing Métro, Mont-de-Marsan and Agen are playing very well and I expect La Rochelle to raise their game soon enough.

Looking forward to everyone else's choices and opinions.

Please note that you can make two selections unless you choose other for both teams to be relegated!

Don't underestimate Dax, this team is quite impressive for a newcomer: Defensive bonus against Paris, Toulouse, Montauban... no bad at all. They misses experience, but there is a potential. Speaking of that, one of their prop is now a french international, and the second maybe one too in a few weaks.

And Brive seems to be very fragile too.

Having not watched alot of Top 14 Rugby only catching the odd game when Auch played Bath, I would have to say them and Brive, I do follow some of the results... Should be an interesting little battle there...

Don't underestimate Dax, this team is quite impressive for a newcomer: Defensive bonus against Paris, Toulouse, Montauban... no bad at all.[/b]

For me personally I think that both newcomers (Auch and Dax) will drop to the second level simply because they are really suffering more then any other team. I expected both to stay up at the beginning of the season and for Dax to compete fairly well.[/b]

I didn't underestimate Dax, I expected better. Their start against Toulouse was admirable, but now they are suffering week in and week out so early.

They misses experience, but there is a potential. Speaking of that, one of their prop is now a french international, and the second maybe one too in a few weaks.

And Brive seems to be very fragile too.
[/b]

Yes I agree, Brive may drop if Dax or Auch can regain strength, but they will both have to work very hard to do so as Brive have always managed to find a way to stay in Top 14 competition. Bayonne are ones to watch this season as I don't expect them to drop or even rank below the top half of the league standings. They have done well to re-energize that team with new players and a better approach to tactics.

Yes, but I Dax has a good potential, and a good spirit too, to me it's a fresh and combative team. They will grow up over the matches, and I think they can save themselves from relegation. It will be close, but they can do it.

Brive is a mess since a few years, with many changes in their staff, an unexperienced coach who's in place because of his aura of ex-international player - maybe he's good, but the way he arrived was weird. Weird recruitment (too old and useless players in my opinion, like David Bory)
But you're right, in the past season Brive always managed to find a way to stay in Top14. This kind of experience can play in their favour.

Bayonne lacks ambition, especially in away games (for example, against Paris where they have taken 40 points) but the squad is quite solid: Dourthe, Gower, Garbajosa, Larréchea, now Elhorga... a good pack and a strong 'fighting spirit' too. No problems for them...

It will be close in any cases - realize that now, even Perpignan is in danger !

A topic about ProD2 can be interesting too, with Toulon, Agen, Metro Racing, Grenoble, Mont de Marsan... there will be a tough competition. Plus I think that many of these teams (and especially Toulon, evidently) can do great things in the Top 14 next year.

Dax merits to stay in top 14 and Albi to down in pro D2 because they aren't fair play, I don't like this team :ranting: For Auch I think the season is dead, they are condemned

Latest posts