1761.png
RC Toulon v Racing Metro 92
1899.png

Saturday 17th May 2014 at 16.30 CEST

1755.png
Montpellier Herault Rugby v Castres Olympique
1539.png

Last edited:
First of 3 press training days today before the semi, the rest behind closed doors and no contact with players or staff other than these 3 days so should be interesting to see if there is anything new, James Bond and M were both at the club yesterday so who knows.
Dont you just luv Galtoche, Fete Nat today and he has a press training day this afternoon!!!!!!!!!! you can see who BOSSES at Montypellier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the eternal debate in sports. Is a team resting better or worse for its form ? Resting is good, they're gathered and more fresh, but it's bad because you rust and lack the action the other sides got.

the eternal debate in sports. Is a team resting better or worse for its form ? Resting is good, they're gathered and more fresh, but it's bad because you rust and lack the action the other sides got.

After yesterdays press training day, and a great session from the boys your question???? after talking to many of the players present, at the end of the season its a blessing in disguise, they have two weeks to prepare for a semi!!!! they are serene well balanced and will be fresh, this question never comes up when there is a 6 Nations break, but its all media hype, they have no Montypellier matches to cover so you get the same old press drivel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What would you rather do at the end of a very long and hard season play a 1/4 final play of against one of the 6 best teams in the TOP 14 or get a beer and watch it on TV with you team mates knowing that what ever happens you will be playing the tired winner the following Sat. ITS A NO BRAINER!!!!!!!!!!
Some of the guys have not had a break for ages because of the injuries, both Alex's Tulou, and Bias, Privat, FTD, Mas, just to mentioned a few they all will apprieciate the rest and then the gradual build up to the semi..
Every man and his dog were present from the press yesterday, not difficult to work out why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

given Toulouse's, uhm, situation atm...I'm going to have to pick another team to cheer for. Coz it ain't fun without that. I'm happy with any of Montypellier, Toulon or Clermont winning. Castres too, but that's irrelevant of course. So those 3 teams I mentioned now. But if I had to pick one, I'd like to see Montypellier go for it all.
So I'm from now on a Montypellier fan til the end of this season.

given Toulouse's, uhm, situation atm...I'm going to have to pick another team to cheer for. Coz it ain't fun without that. I'm happy with any of Montypellier, Toulon or Clermont winning. Castres too, but that's irrelevant of course. So those 3 teams I mentioned now. But if I had to pick one, I'd like to see Montypellier go for it all.
So I'm from now on a Montypellier fan til the end of this season.
You will be Gaston Jr until the end of the season then!

my pleasure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so at last i have a *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but it will be a pleasure having you onboard, i will make you an Honorary Supporter with priviledges only known to Gaston and his closest allies...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
It would be a miracle I suppose if Metro got past Toulon. If nothing else Toulon can easily beat us at our own strangle and kick game. But I have been very surprised by how well RM have done (results wise if not yet the brand of play) after how things went at the start. So for me I see it as a let's try again next year situation already.

It would be a miracle I suppose if Metro got past Toulon. If nothing else Toulon can easily beat us at our own strangle and kick game. But I have been very surprised by how well RM have done (results wise if not yet the brand of play) after how things went at the start. So for me I see it as a let's try again next year situation already.

As its a game of 80 mins on a neutral ground nearer Paris than Toulon they will aways have a chance the only thing that Toulon are not good at, is coming back from behind, if Sexton was to put 4 penalties to zero they would have a chance as Racing are good at shutting the game down and playing entirely on their defence which is more or less what they did last night........... but they will have to put in a humongous effort if they are to reach the final but playoffs are not the same a Championship games and a one up game anything could happen as i said earlier 44 points against them last week and they beat Toulouse on their own turf!!!! ok its not the grand Toulouse of years gone by, but its still a magnificent victory for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to see Castres go throu and RM92 to beta Toulon next weekend.

I hope to see Castres go throu and RM92 to beta Toulon next weekend.

coud not agree more but its a little Alice in Wonderland, if its happens Montypellier will have a huge chance of bring the Bouclier back to the Place de Comedie.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so at last i have a *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but it will be a pleasure having you onboard, i will make you an Honorary Supporter with priviledges only known to Gaston and his closest allies...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like...being called a ***** ?!

so that's it, like, you're a Racingman now, decided and sealed ? :lol:

And Racing won't get past Toulon, come on now, we can all stop the poetry.

Yes Racing beat Toulouse on defense, but Toulon aren't as pathologically inconsistent as Toulouse, and will offer something Toulouse hasn't this year: a real engagement and commitment at the breakdown, an enormous battle on the ground that has steamrolled past Leinster, and taught even Munster a lesson.
In the scrum, they won't backpedal and offer as many penalties.
They have a real kicker and 10 with all the experience in the world, who won't miss all those opportunities.
Their structure as a team is set and carved into rock, they won't have ambiguous spots like Toulouse with Doussain at 10, Mcalister at 12.

If ANYTHING, they'll at least pound Racing up front and grind out a win with a perfect/near-perfect boot from Wilko and win by a score divisible by 3, but I'm sure they'll manage a little bit of show as well.
No chance for Racing.

I have to agree with all you said, the very fact that Noves played Mcallister at 12 and left Fickou on the bench was a very bad move, but to be honest Toulon is the only team i fear at the moment!!!! Montypellier could and i think will beat both Clermont or Castres, Toulon is another story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether this changes the positionof Noves at Toulouse will just have to wait and see!!!!!!!!!! even Sir Alex called it a day finally, will Guy do the same ??????????????????????,,

well I can see Clermont putting a number on Castres, not anything ridiculous but a good big win despite some difficulty...and then, if Clermont stay true to themselves, fall face flat in the semis again against Montypellier.

I have to agree with all you said, the very fact that Noves played Mcallister at 12 and left Fickou on the bench was a very bad move, but to be honest Toulon is the only team i fear at the moment!!!! Montypellier could and i think will beat both Clermont or Castres, Toulon is another story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether this changes the positionof Noves at Toulouse will just have to wait and see!!!!!!!!!! even Sir Alex called it a day finally, will Guy do the same ??????????????????????,,

I can see Clermont tripping all over themselves again agst MP and with a FTD on song and released of a wasted trip to OZ I can see MP doing a number on Clermont. If that happens they only have the finale to focus on as Toulon laissera des plumes en H Cup...don't be writing off our Guytou...thing is there's no serious challenger to take up his manteau !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guytou will go out on his own terms not many can say that.

Last edited:

Latest posts