Top Gear's Richard Hammond critical after car crash

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by Bullitt, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

[​IMG]

Presenter Richard Hammond has been critically injured after a crash in a jet-powered car while filming an edition of Top Gear, the BBC said tonight.

Hammond, 36, who often drives high-performance cars as part of presenting the show, has been taken to Leeds General Infirmary which has a special neurological unit. It followed the incident at an airfield near York.

Inspector Mike Thompson, of North Yorkshire Police, said officers were dealing with the incident at the airfield north-east of York.

He said: "At 5.45pm this evening we received a report via the fire service of a male person trapped in what was described as an overturned jet car which had been driven on the airfield.

"The male occupant has received serious injuries and has been airlifted to hospital at Leeds."

A BBC spokeswoman said: "The incident happened quite recently and the focus of our attention is on Richard at this stage. We will make further details known as soon as they are available."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Damn! :eek:

God speed to him in recovering soon

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

This was a real shock, I just hope it proves to be not as serious as is made out and he pulls through and recovers...

4. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

Bloody Hell. I can't believe it, hope he gets well soon!

5. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Richard Hammond is in Critical Condition after a car crash at Evington Air Field this afternoon, trying to break the Land Speed record in the Vampire Jet Engined car (a Jet from the Red Arrows, 500bhp) for an episode of Top Gear.

The car crashed on the final run of the day - got up to 280mph and something went wrong after the parachute deployed, veered right and went onto the grass, overturning.

His head upside down with his head dug into the soil, still breathing at that point. He did regain conciousness when he was being extracted from the car, and explain where any pain was.

He is currently at Leeds General Hospital.

6. MonoTurd

MonoTurd Guest

**** i would have thought that they would have put something positive like "the injuries arent life threatning" or something.

he is one of my favourites off Top Gear

7. loratadine

loratadine Guest

richard hammond was a guy which every single bloke can like and relate too, he was a mans man, wifout ramming it in peoples faces, and had a real sense of likability around him.

i really really hope we see him on our t.v screens again soon, but i cant see it happening.

8. AndyMcNabFAN

AndyMcNabFAN Guest

I hope he gets through this. He is such a great presenter, and a great personality on Top Gear.

9. Great to hear. Even if James May does gabble a bit at times, he can't be that far wrong if he's been speaking to him.

10. Teh Mite, whats with you and this guy? Is it because you're his look alike? or is there something else behind this love?

11. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

The Guy is a Legend!!!

12. Serge

Serge Guest

Top Gear is a great show and Richard a great personality, so I'm sure that a lot of people want to see him recover well, myself included. :rolleyes:

13. loratadine

loratadine Guest

richard hammond as i said is a genuinely great t.v presenter, who is good looking

14. I know that Top gear is cool and all, just wanna know why teh mite is obsessed about him... is it the same way i was obsessed about Steve Irwin?

15. Caledfwlch

Caledfwlch Guest

the hamster is going to be discharged soon. injuries not as serious as first thought to be. our prayers are with you hamster

16. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Go Home.

17. woosaah

woosaah Guest

thats what i was thinking

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!