• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top14 2006/2007

well its the same problem as in football ... the leagues are on Canal + (satellite) and it sucks a lot. you need to pay at least 60 Euro per month !!! pffff money money .... [/b]

I don't pay that much for Canal+ le bouquet with the TNT, it's less than 20â'¬ and I have Canal+ and Canal+ Sport. I'd like to get Sport+ to be able to watch the Super League, anyway I found an alternative.

isn't rugby showed on public tv in some countries ? like for the H cup on france 2 ??? i'd like to be able to watch the top 14 on public channels ...

isn't rugby showed on public tv in some countries ? like for the H cup on france 2 ??? i'd like to be able to watch the top 14 on public channels ... [/b]

I think in UK and Ireland, the domestic competitions, i.e. GP and the ML are either on Sky (Private) or Setanta (Private). In Wales they have STC too which free over the air and which may show some ML I don't know.

In the SH I think that in NZ the NPC and Super14 are on the Rugby Channel which belongs to Sky. In Australia I think it is also in a Private Channel. In SA I don't know. In Argentina Rugby is on ESPN which is private too.

So as you can see in most of the Rugby countries the club/province Rugby is brodcasted by private TV channels which require specific subscription.

domestic competition on tv in Europe (in 6N countries):

Celtic Magners League: BBC Wales ( public fta) S4C (public fta) Setanta (private paytv) - abroad: none
Anglo - Welsh Cup: BBC (public fta) abroad: Sky Sport Italy (private paytv)
Guinness P'ship: Sky Sports UK (private paytv), highlites on BBC (public fta) - abroad: Sport+ France (private paytv), Sky Sport Italy (private paytv)
Top 14: Canal+ (private paytv, the final also on France2 public fta) - abroad: Setanta (private paytv)
Super 10: Sky Sport Italy (private paytv) abroad: none

European Heineken Cup:
UK & Ireland: Sky Sports (private paytv), highlites on S4C (public fta) and RTE (public fta)
France: shared between Canal+/Sport+ (private paytv) and France 2 (public fta)
Italy: none (Sky Sports showed it 'til 2006 but there was no coverage last year)

Challenge Cup:
UK & Ireland: Sky Sports (private paytv)
France: France 4 (public fta on dtt and sat)
Italy: none

domestic competition on tv in Europe (in 6N countries):

Celtic Magners League: BBC Wales ( public fta) S4C (public fta) Setanta (private paytv) - abroad: none
Anglo - Welsh Cup: BBC (public fta) abroad: Sky Sport Italy (private paytv)
Guinness P'ship: Sky Sports UK (private paytv), highlites on BBC (public fta) - abroad: Sport+ France (private paytv), Sky Sport Italy (private paytv)
Top 14: Canal+ (private paytv, the final also on France2 public fta) - abroad: Setanta (private paytv)
Super 10: Sky Sport Italy (private paytv) abroad: none

European Heineken Cup:
UK & Ireland: Sky Sports (private paytv), highlites on S4C (public fta) and RTE (public fta)
France: shared between Canal+/Sport+ (private paytv) and France 2 (public fta)
Italy: none (Sky Sports showed it 'til 2006 but there was no coverage last year)

Challenge Cup:
UK & Ireland: Sky Sports (private paytv)
France: France 4 (public fta on dtt and sat)
Italy: none

[/b]
Thanks!!! :bravo:

I would like Top 14 go on France 2, but there is just the final...
We have a little part of H cup on France 2...
For the rest : Canal+, Sport+...

I would like Top 14 go on France 2, but there is just the final...
For the rest : Canal+, Sport+... [/b]

There's ProD2 on FR3 (FTA) and Allegria (Cable) in the South of France.

<div class='quotemain'> I would like Top 14 go on France 2, but there is just the final...
For the rest : Canal+, Sport+... [/b]

There's ProD2 on FR3 (FTA) and Allegria (Cable) in the South of France.
[/b][/quote]not anymore, next year we will have the whole ProD2 (one game per week) on Sport+

(btw Alegria was fta on sat last year, they just closed some weeks ago)

Latest posts