• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top14 2006/2007

yep sure they are our best centers and one of france's major strengh. but i would put traille and jauzion in the starting line up and put fritz on the bench, with michalak as FH. but as he's injuried, traille will certainly be our FH and jauzion and fritz will be centers.

I liked Jauzion and Fritz in the centre last year for the French.
[/b]

Last season this was the best centre pair of the NH for sure. This season although they have recently improved they are not as good as they used to be. They have shown some weakness especially when defending.

i found them quite dangerous in the last h cup round, even if they were not both playing as center

This week-end, the USAP will host Paris this should be the match of the week-end. Perpignan are apparently doing better with the two first rounds of the H-cup, will they be able to level up versus the Stade Français, I think so. I think they will be very difficult to beat at home. This should be a big fight between the two packs. I don't know who's going to play for the Stade Français but I would not be surprised that this match had a impact on the French selection for the AIs. There can be injuries among the front rowers.

This week-end, the USAP will host Paris this should be the match of the week-end. Perpignan are apparently doing better with the two first rounds of the H-cup, will they be able to level up versus the Stade Français, I think so. I think they will be very difficult to beat at home. This should be a big fight between the two packs. I don't know who's going to play for the Stade Français but I would not be surprised that this match had a impact on the French selection for the AIs. There can be injuries among the front rowers.
[/b]

hum if the USAP keeps going on like in the h cup, they could be dangerous but if they do as they did previously in the top 14, then, they'll take a few in the ass !!!

clermont have confirmed their good begining of season, inflicting Albi their first defeat at home.
biarritz are now launched for that season and 3rd on the board. toulouse have lost again and the difficulties are confirmed for that season. they need to correct themseleves if they want to have access to the semis ...

Just finished watching the highlights of Top14 and boy you can see why Albi were unbeaten at home.
They played ugly, but tehy played hard.
However, as far as the highlights showed, it really was the wingers day. Rougerie showed his speed and huge strength, but who was the other winger? He was running riots also.

They only showed very brief clips of Castres V Montauban, but clearly they felt the only bits worth showing were the fights and the endless amount of times the referee seemed to pull a card from his pocket :)
I definately saw one red card for a headbutt, and at least 2 yellows - sounds like a tough game.

The Top14 continued during the Autumn Test Matchs. The All-Black were hiosted by the Stade Français as you may know. Actually all this was instrumented by Addidas their common sponsor/provider.

<div align="center">
allblacks_stadefrancais_b.jpg
</div>

That's going to be interesting next year to see how Nike and Addidas will compete.

The Top14 resumes for one round before breaking for Christmas. The next big clash is Biarritz - Toulouse played on the 23rd of December.

Delmas & Lagisquet, the two coaches of the Biarritz Olympique, have prepared their forwards especially for that date:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNuD3yBQK8c

:cheers:

This week-end the Top14 resumes. Sport is France stop for a week or two for christmas and new year's day. We're all too busy eating and drinking to dedicate time to sport.

This week-end the number three (Perpignan) plays number 4 (Toulouse) and number 5 (Biarritz) play number 6 (Bourgoin). The ranking can change at the top of the league table. Paris goes to Bayonne who are ranked last but have progressed a lot these last rounds.

Otherwise Toulouse start celebrating their 100th birthday of the fundation of the Stade Toulousain club. Rugby started sooner in the Pink city and actually the Stade Toulousain is the merging of two clubs based in Toulouse.

At this occasion a new jerzey was released and it is light pink, pink being the traditional colour associated to Toulouse due to the roofs and briks typically used their for the buildings.

<div align="center">
maillotrose.jpg
</div>

There's a new blason for this club too:

<div align="center">
centenaireblason.jpg
</div>

Man, that new Toulouse jersey looks awesome. Then again, Toulouse have always had awesome looking jerseys. Toulouse should beat Perpignan, despite the injuries they currently have.

Man, that new Toulouse jersey looks awesome. Then again, Toulouse have always had awesome looking jerseys. Toulouse should beat Perpignan, despite the injuries they currently have.
[/b]

Well Perpignan pack is very strong and could lead to Perpignan with more ball possession. However Toulouse are very motivated and having been eliminated in the H-cup they will focus all their energy in winning the French ***le they didn't win since 2001.

The Top14 resumes for one date before the 6N starts.

Stade de France will be full again for the clash of the Stades:

<div align="center">
070127_aff_sf-toul_b.jpg
</div>

All the tickets were sold two months ago. Toulouse come to win and Paris want to keep the lead of the championship. Max Guazini has organised as usual pre and post match shows but the real point of this evening of Rugby will be the match itself. It will be broadcasted in prime time on TV. It should be accessible abroad on TV5 the French channel.

Another clash this weekend will be Perpignan versus Bourgoin, strong forwards, scrum very contested. For Perpignan a victory would make the SF qulification easier but for Bourgoin it would be almost the end for their hopes to finish within the four first positions which open the SF.

Yeah it's live on TV5 and Setanta, the last big game at the Stade de France was only on one of the extra Setanta channels that you have to pay for, this time it's free.

Yeah it's live on TV5 and Setanta, the last big game at the Stade de France was only on one of the extra Setanta channels that you have to pay for, this time it's free.
[/b]

This is going to be tough for both teams. Toulouse lost the first phase match at home. They have not won in Paris versus Paris for decades. They want to change that.

<div align="center">
RUG_HOME_20070125.jpg
</div>

Donnie, what's the word on Andrew Walker? My man tells me he wants out of his contract and is in talks with the Reds for the coming season. How's he been playing over there?

Donnie, what's the word on Andrew Walker? My man tells me he wants out of his contract and is in talks with the Reds for the coming season. How's he been playing over there?
[/b]

He plays for a ProD2, Gaillac, and we don't hear too much from him. I guess that's a good thing fot him, to be anonymous again.

Paris and Toulouse was an unreal match, the best I've seen in ages. Huge collisions and 3 fantastic tries to boot.

Latest posts