• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top14 2006/2007

J'ai été partout la France, et tandis que le pays est beau, Paris est le bijou. En outre, Stade Francais sont impressionnant. Pardonner ma connaissance limitée de votre langue. J'apprends.

hey mate thats great (at least much better than many french are at english :) ). sure that stade francais are very impressive (now 9 wins in 9 matches ... agen's record of 12 succesive wins is threatened). its gona get hard for any team to beat them in any competition.
for the shirts, as laporte said, the stade francais are not the first team with flowers ... england started with their rose :) !!!
[/quote]

***us, ce n'est pas toi qui est censé mettre à jour le tableau avec le classement du T14? Il est un peu en retard.
[/quote]

é non c'est getof ki le fait ... y m'a pas dit comment on faisait alors je peu pas. sinon y serait déja updaté le tableau. ca fait 2 journées de retard.

anyway i'll continue in english for our friends ... the main strengh of stade francais is their bench ... they have 30 players of rather the same level wich gives them the ability of resting a lot of players. when they had to play one game every 3 days last week, they've changed 14 out of 15 players between the 1st and the 2nd match ... and they won !!! hum avoiding a guy like beauxis (see him form now) and still be competitiv is impressiv (i know skrela is not a ****).

Hello gentlemen. :)
First defeat for the stade français vs Montauban, a team which come from the proD2.
A lack of cohesion or humility DonBilly ? Landreau was afraid about that sort of risk against a strong pack with cohesion.
The ranking is very tight behind the stade français, strange season !

Hello gentlemen. :)
First defeat for the stade français vs Montauban, a team which come from the proD2.
A lack of cohesion or humility DonBilly ? Landreau was afraid about that sort of risk against a strong pack with cohesion.
The ranking is very tight behind the stade français, strange season !
[/b]

Squalito, I have not watched the Montauban - Stade Français game yet, I've recorded it so I'll watch it this week. Anyway from what I've seen on Jour de Rugby Montauban clearly diserved their victory. Their pack is impressive. That's a shame anyway that there was no try during this game. I don't know if there was a lack of humility but there was apparently a lack of discipline on the parisian side and this costed them this match. They're the kind of team which can win although they are dominated, for example if Saubade doesn't knock on and with better discipline they can return to Paris with 4 points although they don't diserve the victory.

Something that didn't help them was the Azurris with their national side and the Pumas training earlier this week in Switzerland.

Anyway I think it's better that they loose now, the big match versus Biarritz in the Stade de France is next week and the H-cup the following one. This will in the end help them to concentrate and get some humility in case they've lost it.

Otherwise, congratulations to the ASM. The game versus Bourgoin after that of last weekend versus Toulouse were superb. The ASM look like having eventually get some momentum and should be among the four SFinalists if they follow this way. I hope so, I've always appreciated this team although these last seasons were not really successful.

Top14 is very contested this year, that's nice, the rest of the season should be very interesting.

montauban are quite impressiv this season, they won against big teams of the top 14... they are the soilsport of this begining of season.

for ASM its a bit different, they were supposed to be one of the favourites few seasons ago and they got very bad for 2-3 years but they came back where they were supposed to be.

i'm surprised by perpignan who are doing a huge pile of crap ...

ASM went bad since the Tim Lane departure five years ago. Too many players' changes, and I don't speak about the staff modifications every years... Now JM Lhermet want to build a stable foundation, young players which have won the junior competition three years ago and the B team championships last year are not so bad. Experience and youth, the end of the star wars, wait and see.
It seems that we have found THE coach which was missing to this team. I don't think that we will be able to be in the four finalists, but who knows...
The best thing for us would be that the Blacks made a big RWC B)

For Perpignan it seems that since O.Saisset they have lost something...

Montauban frighten me, they will come to the bibpark with a homogeneous team, whereas we shall have a big lack of international players...

This Biarritz is less impressive than the one who win last year, in front of the SF I think it will be very difficult for them at the "stade de France" after the the parisians's defeat at Montauban last week...

This Biarritz is less impressive than the one who win last year, in front of the SF I think it will be very difficult for them at the "stade de France" after the the parisians's defeat at Montauban last week...
[/b]

I agree with you that the BO is less impressive than last year, however I think they will try to make a "coup" at the Stade de France prior to start their European campaign. Paris will do their best to win and Biarritz, I think, will show that they are the reigning campions. This is going to be a cracker ... I will be there by the way.

hum its gona get tough for montauban as they don't have the same bench as stade francais. it quite good for them at the moment but we'll see in a few month how they could manage when tireness will be appearing.

the BO had a bad beginig of the season but they'll be back soon (like toulouse).
Donbilly lucky boy !!!

I hope that it will be better than Biarritz Perpignan...
Couzinet will play after his beautiful punch in the Nathan Hines face ?

I'm agree with you ***us regarding the SF's bench, but who has the same in france ?
Montauban iss very homogeneous, a team of warriors with Raynaud a great captain. Lots of turn over in the team since the beginning of the season, and no big behavior diference.

I'll go to the bibpark this week, I can't miss the famous derby "jaunard vs coujoux" !

Tomorrow, i'm going to watch with some friends Stade Français against Biarritz Olympique at the Stade de France,

I feel really excited, can't wait to be there !! it'll be the first time that i go to the Stade de France, will be quite emotionnal :wah:

Hope the game will provide entertainement and plenty of tries !!!

:)

huml plenty of tries is not so sure as many matches involving 2 big teams are closed matches which end with a small score like 15-10. but i hope for you it'll get spectacular ... ALLEZ LE B.O !!! :)
lucky boy you are ... enjoy it ... (i'll be in lyon for the AB so i'm not too jalous)

... ABs ??

Cool !!

only amanaged to have places for the game against the Pumas !!

I'm looking for places for NZ in Paris but ... hm... chances are small :(

huml plenty of tries is not so sure as many matches involving 2 big teams are closed matches which end with a small score like 15-10. but i hope for you it'll get spectacular ... ALLEZ LE B.O !!! :)
lucky boy you are ... enjoy it ... (i'll be in lyon for the AB so i'm not too jalous)
[/b]

I'll be in Lyon too for the test match versus the ABs.

<div align="center">
RUG_HOME_20061012.jpg

</div>
I'll go to SF - BO with a Canadian and an Australian friends. This will be the first time for them that they go to the Stade de France. This can be a cracker. I think that the BO needs a victory if they want to remain in the top 4 of the league table and this would also be good for the own confidence, especially before starting their European campaign. This season they have clearly indicated that the H-cup ***le will be priority 1.

Stade Français have not loast at home since 2004 and they want to keep their record alife. They will do their best to win although as you'll see in the following they start to have problems with the injuries.

I don't know how big will be score but I expect a very contested match.

SF team:

L’équipe : 15. Hernandez â€" 14. Saubade, 13. Glas, 12. Liebenberg (ou Messina), 11. Dominici â€" 10. Skrela, 9. Fillol â€" 8. Sowerby, 7. Du Plooy, 6. Kayser â€" 5. Marchois, 4. Auradou (cap.) â€" 3. De Villiers, 2. Szarzewski, 1. Marconnet (ou Roncero)
Remplaçants : 16. Blin, 17. Roncero (ou Montes), 18. James, 19. Samo, 20. Corleto, 21. Albouy, 22. Beauxis
[/b]
Many back row players are injured, so they end up with a hooker as N°8 and an lock as a flanker. The front row is simply France front row.

BO team will be:

1. Lealamanua, 2. Noirot, 3. Wessels, 4. Thion, 5. Carizza, 6. Betsen, 7. Hall, 8. Harinordoquy, 9. Dupuy, 10. Traille, 11. Bobo, 12. Bidabé, 13. Cabannes, 14. Gobelet, 15. Dambielle, 16. Denoyelle, 17. Avril, 18. Couzinet, 19. Dridi, 20. Yachvili, 21. Peyrelongue, 22. Marlu.

So Damien Traiille as FH. This could be a goog training for him for the November tests if Laporte wants to test

i prefer him as center ... quite good traille-jauzion for the XV de france !
what about elissalde ? is he wounded ? 'cause he can play as fly half no ?

[/b]

The point for the France side is that there are three very good centres, Jauzion, Fritz and Traille, Marty of Perpignan is also very good. I hope that Baby will be back at the level he had prior to his injury and thus they would be 5 to postulate for the blue jerzey.

Anyway, regarding Ellisalde, he is with the Stade Toulousain, not the Biarritz Olympique. In the Stade Toulousain they have Dubois, Michalak and more recently Jauzion as you know. Baby again used to be a FH. Toulouse have actually many options although it depends on the number of injured players. By the way, have you heard that Michalak is likely to come back to competition by the end of October only? I don't think he will be able to play the Test Matchs of November if he's short of competition.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

The point for the France side is that there are three very good centres, Jauzion, Fritz and Traille, Marty of Perpignan is also very good. I hope that Baby will be back at the level he had prior to his injury and thus they would be 5 to postulate for the blue jerzey.

Anyway, regarding Ellisalde, he is with the Stade Toulousain, not the Biarritz Olympique. In the Stade Toulousain they have Dubois, Michalak and more recently Jauzion as you know. Baby again used to be a FH. Toulouse have actually many options although it depends on the number of injured players. By the way, have you heard that Michalak is likely to come back to competition by the end of October only? I don't think he will be able to play the Test Matchs of November if he's short of competition.
[/b][/quote]

i know elissalde is in toulouse :wall: but i was wondering wether he could play as fly half or not (i know he's scrum half) but for france ? 'cause we have a lack of international level fly halves...

yesterday's match, jauzion played as fly half for toulouse and he got quite competitive at that position; a possible solution of substitution for laporte for france's autumn tests.
more widely think a few teams of the top 14 really started their season with the H cup matches ... we could think of toulouse with a come back to their creativ game with quite a lot of rythm, biarritz and perpignan, who had quite a difficult start the league.

Is Traille not being touted as the fly half for the NZ test? That would appear most likely given the makeup of the squad anounced today.

yep i think he'll be france n°1 FH but Jauzion could be a good sub if we need to replace traille (i hope not, as he is one of our best players and for me in the top 5 best centers)