• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top14 day 8

Now come on Gastony do not let me down..........you are down to lose at Jean Dauger!!!

The song that Racing Metro plays after a try is the same song that the Chicago Blackhawks play after they score a goal.

7minutes gone and s totally different Toulose side turned up!! 3-0 but my predictions in deep doo doo !!!

ST certainly been given the huge gee up but Imanol overdoing the Ugly Sister role more than a little!!!

Tony dear friend predictions not that easy n'est pas must try harder Gaston only had1 mistake!!!!!!!!!

Poor Flood has been dropped completely by Toulouse.

What did you expect my friend this is the TOP 14 you need to be on top of your game if you want to play, up to now he has been no where near , he is a good player but as they said in the old school days, "Must try Harder", whats more he 's a bit unlucky as it looks like McAllister is hitting a bit of form he certainly was heavily involved yesterday with the Toulouse victory.

Primrose has a much prettier aviator than any that BE ever used and is just too damned nice to be BS in disguise!!!

Still 100% this week for Tony!!!!

Sounds like from the other post about BE's Ban you have finally come to see the light as they say life is not a bunch of roses or is it primroses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some cracking rugby this weekend :)

My pick are Bordeaux vs Clermont with 51 Points. Bordeaux has been unleashed. So much for Clermont having the best defense blahblah what a shellacking!!
Clermont received a lesson in backs play from Etcheto's men. The best backs coach has got to be Etcheto atm. There is no French or foreing stars in the Bordeaux backline that took Clermont defense apart (Guitoune was out). Which goes to prove that a good coach works with the players at disposal and gets the return he wants from them if he knows his stuff.
I don't know how Pierre Bernard, last season's top kicker who is still consistenly producing the good this season doesn't even make one of the XV France lists esp. when same list keeps
getting longer as we get closer to the WC. Ridiculous.
His consistent omission in the last 3 years is an absolute joke. PSA doesn't like Bordeaux. He only drinks parisian Plonk. Sad Plonker he is.
Send Etcheto to Marcoussis, he'll give them a masterclass in running rugby. Maybe if Bordeaux make the playoffs the Marcoussis morons might open their eyes.......

French flair ain't dead in Top 14 at least

also Racing v Brive was an excellent game with 11 TRIES scored. That's a total of 21 TRIES in only the 3 games I watched.
and i'm not including the 51-10 score line of Castres vs Grenoble.

So much for the Top 14 being a low scoring competition.

Nice reaction from Toulouse at home vs a strong SF. McAlister still not the answer at 10. Where is our little Toby rosbeef?

What i take from the week-end is:
All teams can play great attacking rugby away or at home. They're less restrictive than last season.
They are no minnows in Top 14.
No team go into their shell when away. It's a myth. Brive put it up away to Racing. So did Grenoble at Castres.

Will watch the AB vs Sprinkgoks game during the week. Any more mention of rugby this weekend and she'll be filing for divorce on monday.......;)

Last edited:
The Bordeaux show with 6 tries

Last edited by a moderator:
and I liked the blind pass of La Rochelle's scrum half agst Lyon from 1:01

Last edited by a moderator:
Bordeaux seem to have a very young exciting coaching team in Ibanez, Worsley and Etcheto. Really like the look of them as a club

What you have to remember is that at the begining of the season all the clubs looks really good and strong, but after Christmas when injuries and fatigue set into the smaller squads you start to see the diffence, eg Grenoble over the last 3 seasons have done really well upto the end of the year about 4/5th then by the end of the season they have only just survived relegation. Bordeaux much the season but i think this season they will do better and i have got them as a possible 6th playoff place, and Gaston knows all about these things!!!!!! They have a strong team and good coaching staff although Etch, is a maniac and has to be often calmed but still an excellent coach. Their return matches which start the end of the year, and they are not too bad having quite a few of the big sides at home but they do have to travel to Montpelier which could be their downfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes and that's what happened last season but they are much better prepared this time. Remember Grenoble traveling to Argentina for their pre-season training to play the Pumas! Even la Rochelle only went down by 3 points agst Toulon. No minows. Its cut-throat league!

I agree that the bigger squads will pick up momentum after Xmas and their depth should make the difference because this league is all about endurance & which is what makes it insanely competitive. Bordeaux & Grenoble should stay in the top 6 or 7 imo.
i still think Toulouse might struggle to get out of the lower half of the table if they have too much catching up to do. They sure got a lot of bad games out of their system.
I think Toulon might be too early for us next week. And there's a tasty Montpellier Toulouse just before Xmas ;)

In fact there is a tasty Toulouse v Montpellier on the 19th of this month ko 14.00 as we have them in our Eur Champ pool this season, we play them 4 times but after beating them last season home and away we are more confident and better equipped.

yep forgot the European cup. I don't like to see 2 French clubs in same pool. Have Montpellier any ambitions in Europe this season? they seem to have their eyes set on the Bouclier, will the Eur Champ not be too much of a distraction??

Latest posts