• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tottenham Riots

Also, anyone ever seen the film La Haine (Hatred), it's based on the riots in the French estates are Paris in the 80s/90s? Had to study it for a Film module I did last year, gotta say this situation doesn't half remind me of it. Even starts with the threat of a riots over the shooting of a bloke. As Olyy said, feels the same because it's kids wantsing to cause mayham and be the ''badman'' and the hatred of the Police.

Just heard from a mate of mine who's looting in Peckham, he's got some half priced cracked ice, miles and miles of carpet tiles, TV's, deep freeze, David Bowie LP's, ball games, gold chains, wotsa names and at a push some Trevor Francis tracksuits from a mush in Shepherds Bush...
WHENEVER THE TRFIES ARE I'M VOTING YOU EVERY AWARD

single best post on TRF EVER!

EVER!

Can't see the military being called in, was reading a bbc article, apparently the military has never been called into action to quell riots on English streets? They've definitely been used on Welsh and Northen Irish streets though, in things like the Merthyr riots. Plus you can't really use the army as riot police anyway, they're trained to kill and what else are they gonna carry if not guns? If you put them there, the idiot rioters will provoke them and makes a risk of a massacre. Unlikely, but things like Bloody Sunday prove it's far from impossible.

Can't see the military being called in, was reading a bbc article, apparently the military has never been called into action to quell riots on English streets? They've definitely been used on Welsh and Northen Irish streets though, in things like the Merthyr riots. Plus you can't really use the army as riot police anyway, they're trained to kill and what else are they gonna carry if not guns? If you put them there, the idiot rioters will provoke them and makes a risk of a massacre. Unlikely, but things like Bloody Sunday prove it's far from impossible.

I think you would be surprised. Your military, like ours, has a long history of peacekeeping missions (blood b*llsh*t thinkgs) and these involve a lot of crowd control.

There is also the experience in the places you mentioned.

I reckon, they should be sent in....an APC rolling down the street will get some attention

We could go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for this whole thing to blow over.

I think you would be surprised. Your military, like ours, has a long history of peacekeeping missions (blood b*llsh*t thinkgs) and these involve a lot of crowd control.

There is also the experience in the places you mentioned.

I reckon, they should be sent in....an APC rolling down the street will get some attention

I dunno though, things that I mentioned did not leave the government or the army looking very good at all. Personally I would love to see their reactions to APCs and tanks rolling their way through the street towards them, still feels a bit Eastern Blockish, if you get what I mean. Then again, guess there is a difference between using tanks to crush a rising for freedom to using them to stop f*cking idiots burning and looting just for shiggles.

I dunno though, things that I mentioned did not leave the government or the army looking very good at all. Personally I would love to see their reactions to APCs and tanks rolling their way through the street towards them, still feels a bit Eastern Blockish, if you get what I mean. Then again, guess there is a difference between using tanks to crush a rising for freedom to using them to stop f*cking idiots burning and looting just for shiggles.

Bingo, that's the point. They are being used to protect freedom and "society's values".

BTW, thanks for the new word "shiggles"

Just heard from a mate of mine who's looting in Peckham, he's got some half priced cracked ice, miles and miles of carpet tiles, TV's, deep freeze, David Bowie LP's, ball games, gold chains, wotsa names and at a push some Trevor Francis tracksuits from a mush in Shepherds Bush...

I don't get it...Lyrics?

Last edited:
I reckon they should round up these rioters and use them for a new gameshow I have developed called minefield lottery...

Basically you get these scum and give them a number on their backs...all the peoples who's property and livelihood have been destroyed will be given a few numbers ....the scum will then be made run across a narrow minefield ...those that make it to the other side will be spared while .....those who do not will have their cost of their dole refunded to the victims of the riots...

Hoping to get Bruce Foresythe to host it...

Maaaaaarleene.
I'm not gonna lie, I do a cracking Boycie impression :)

Only Fools and Horses, you plonker!

bar.gif

Only watched a handful of episodes if I am being honest...Blackadder is more my sort of thing