• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tottenham Riots

People keep trying to start rumours about Cardiff insurgents, but it's all ********. I'd like to think we're too proud of our city and serene and simple to kick things off! :p

And the first looter into the dock is...

A 31 year old female teacher!

Is it any wonder there are so many morons about when that's the attitude of the supposed mentors of our youth.

I'm currently working in Pizza Hut in Newport and worked last night. I personally didn't see any trouble but our delivery drivers said there were police going around everywhere, alot of customers warned them to stay safe and be careful on the streets as riot rumours were rife and there were armed police officers who came to speak to us at the entrance to the store. Our drivers also saw people with baraclavas on walking around the street but police quickly dealt with them and got them to disperse.

Nice to see some communities banding together to protect themselves and help clean-up looted areas.

Hopefully with all the CCTV footage, camera/ news footage and fingerprints will help apprehend all, oir at least most, of those responsible.

We should pack them into boats and send them in the general direction of Shetland, give them some ice cubes to keep warm so the U.N. Doesn't prattle on about human rights

This is disgusting extreme measures need to be taken. Get the S.A.S. in that would scare them shitless ecspecially since most of them probably spend most of their time playing C.O.D.

All that happened in Cardiff was JD Sports down the bay got its window smashed (no loss there) and one or two tiny fires in derelict building. Nothing big. Heard about some kids kicking over bins in Grangetown, not that suprised by that really. Apparently a couple of welsh police forces have sent officers and riot vans to london to help the Met police too.

I'd like to think we're too proud of our city and serene and simple to kick things off! :p
Nonsense, Ive been there a few times, it kicks off every night in Cardiff, they just couldnt be arsed calling them riots anymore.

And the first looter into the dock is...

A 31 year old female teacher!

Is it any wonder there are so many morons about when that's the attitude of the supposed mentors of our youth.
Not so simple, I reckon.

BBC and Theresa May say this is all about thugs and CRIMINALITY. I'd like to see their explanation for why this kicked off all over England within a few days.

Tunisia. Egypt. Greece. And Israel - look at this, 250,000 people protesting against a bullshit financial system where educated people can't afford accomodation and fuel:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/world/middleeast/07jerusalem.html

My guess is they're all linked. The deeper the welfare the more perverted the response. Those in north Africa have no safety net, so they reacted sooner, and with dignity. Those in the UK's inner cities have too much safety net, and they've gone ballistic. In north Africa they talk about reducing state control, but in the UK the BBC and the political parties are all talking about more police. Perverted.

Maybe they should've tried harder in school to become bankers then.
Sorry, mate - the big banks have announced 100,000 lay offs in the past week.

People are just beginning to get it - there are no jobs in the future. Either you rely on the state (bankers, single mums, and police officers) or you're on your own.

Hoping we can figure out an imaginative approach to paying income tax ie. none! The state is the enemy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nonsense, Ive been there a few times, it kicks off every night in Cardiff, they just couldnt be arsed calling them riots anymore.

Been out in Cardiff a hell of a lot in the past 2 years :p we never set fire to (valuble) ****!
Literally only trouble has been a few chavs shouting at the police in like a single street down the bay, and someone trying to start a fire in a derelict building.

Not so simple, I reckon.

BBC and Theresa May say this is all about thugs and CRIMINALITY. I'd like to see their explanation for why this kicked off all over England within a few days.

Tunisia. Egypt. Greece. And Israel - look at this, 250,000 people protesting against a bullshit financial system where educated people can't afford accomodation and fuel:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/world/middleeast/07jerusalem.html

My guess is they're all linked. The deeper the welfare the more perverted the response. Those in north Africa have no safety net, so they reacted sooner, and with dignity. Those in the UK's inner cities have too much safety net, and they've gone ballistic. In north Africa they talk about reducing state control, but in the UK the BBC and the political parties are all talking about more police. Perverted.

Our problems cannot realistically be compared with those in the Middle East/ North Africa. We in Britain have very little to complain about. Running water, a welfare system, democratic governments, non-brutal police, and a million different bricks of infrastructure which make our lives every day very easy.

What we do have is a class of people who don't buy into our values. I'm not talking about left or right, because that doesn't come into it. It's the basic human decency towards one another that even most reactionary tabloid readers have.

But for the past 15 years our underclass has been fermenting. They're labelled 'chavs' and their accents (eg. 'yoofspeak') ridiculed in popular culture. They're the kidults, the people who grow up in an endless cycle of low ambition, lack of parental interest, aspiring to 'adult' behaviour when they've barely hit puberty. These are the kids who get ASBOs for terrorizing shitty little northern towns. They're the ones who carry knives to protect themselves from other kids like them. They're the ones who ride BMXs through south London and gun down young black lads because they looked at their girlfriend wrong.

Clearly to behave like this, even before the riots, these people have no respect for the wider values of our society. They receive an education at school and ignore its message. They listen to music with a variety of messages but only absorb those advocating a 'ghetto' mentality. And this shows two wrongs. Firstly, that these people are blind and immature enough to live up to the sterotypes, and live up to the 'scum' name we give them. Secondly, whether we like it or not, they are part of our society, and for them to exist within it at such loggerheads with the rest of us implies there is something wrong with our society as a whole.

As I said, we have it easy. But we're not perfect. The rioters now need to face the full force of the law, and I hope justice prevails with all of them. But punishing a small percentage of this generation's underclass won't solve the problems of our underclass as a whole. This should be the kick up the arse the UK needs to drag them, kicking and screaming, into what is a ****ing great British culture.

Suggestions? We'll all have millions. But one I think every British person can agree with for a start: our system is set up for dissenting members of our population to find an outlet through the House of Commons. And our political system is rotten, across the board. It is littered with career-politicians; spineless, smarmy wankers with little or no integrity and passion. It is image-conscious beyond obsession.

If people could trust our politicians not to get into bed with corporate media; not embezzle public money; not say "I tried it once and didn't inhale"; not let their 'beliefs' swing as violently as public opinion; not be highly selective with which 'expert advice' they listen to... then maybe they'd show some enthusiasm at elections, actually vote, and we'll see a government that can concentrate on integrating the class who got left behind by the deregulated boom of the 90s into the rest of society, and maybe people would stop asking what this country's come to. That's just one idea, but at the moment the only thing the 3 main parties are interested in is power and career prospects, and it ****ing stinks.

Last edited:
What amazes me is that the bloke who got mugged is not even angry ... says a lot about him as a person ... this fiasco of riots has shown what a state our country in, when the government can't back our police force but rather slate them ... absolute joke.