• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tour de France 2011

Massive stage by Andy Schleck - would've got the yellow for that if it wasn't for Cadel Evans dragging Voeckler back into it

Gap now only 15(ish) seconds between Schleck and Voeckler now though

Last edited:
Voeckler seemed completely broken after this etappe. I expect the Schlecks to hit again tomorrow.

They need to put some time between them and Cadel Evans before the time trial - he's going to take that

Just seen that Cavendish finished outside the limit so has had 20pts taken off - 15pts between him and Rojas

Last edited:
The difference between Andy and Cadel is 57 Sec. With some luck Andy can make the gab bigger

Great stage yesterday, hopefully we'll have a good one today. I feel like Frank should have followed, Andy looked a but lonely in the last few kms and with some support he would be surely wearing yellow today. Anyway, one of the best escapades in the last few years IMO.

Am I the only one that thinks that the last stage being a contre-la-montre sucks? If Evans and Schleck have less than a minute difference by the end of the day, the tour will be decided in the time trial... kind of boring isn't it?

Aye, would've preferred a group stage for the last one - especially as it's as close as it is

Chris Boardman was saying on the commentary yesterday that if Cadel Evans is less than two minutes behind a yellow jersey worn by A.Schleck or T.Voeckler then he'll probably win the whole thing

Will be interesting to see who gets the green jersey now that Cavendish had his lead slashed - could come down to the final stage in Paris

Great to see Cavendish finally get the Green Jersey, after the 3rd year in a row of trying... Another great win in Paris for him.. Brings his stage wins in the Tour to 20...

Hopefully next year will see Wiggins having a good shot at the tour...

Great to see Cavendish finally get the Green Jersey, after the 3rd year in a row of trying... Another great win in Paris for him.. Brings his stage wins in the Tour to 20...

Hopefully next year will see Wiggins having a good shot at the tour...
Yeah also cav is the first brit to win the green jersey. But a lot of credit got to go to Evans because he wanted to win soo much and did and i think im right in saying that hes the first austrailian to win however i could be wrong. Expecting to see big things from pierre Rollain next year as well

Yeah, first Australian

Think Andy Schleck is getting forgotten a lot, that 60km break he made was superb - Just a shame he absolutely murdered himself doing it and lost time the following stage(s)
Glad Contador wasn't up there, don't like him

Yeah agreed i don't like contador i especially disliked him last year when he didn't wait for schleck when his chain fell of. Oh and now i have reached 100 posts :)

Latest posts