• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers: 05/06

Surely all these non-EU players Bristol are signing is going to harm them in the long run; They can't all have ancent visas.

Originally posted by robbinho@Aug 9 2005, 03:53 AM
Couple more players for the Brizzlers
Rauluni a gd signing, but not the 1 most Bristol fans had been hopin 4(Pichot)/

Dont know anythin bout the other guy, but we needed a prop, and Argentines arent bad props in general. 1 more signing should be another prop an that shuld b it.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Aug 9 2005, 04:40 AM
Surely all these non-EU players Bristol are signing is going to harm them in the long run; They can't all have ancent visas.
I think the thing is that Richard Hill and the Bristol staff had a three year plan to restore Bristol in the top flight, but they got promoted after just two, meaning they had to really step up their recruitment. Hill's said he's like to make Bristol a local club again, being fed by the clubs around the area.

Originally posted by Boy+Aug 9 2005, 06:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boy @ Aug 9 2005, 06:59 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Aug 9 2005, 04:40 AM
I think the thing is that Richard Hill and the Bristol staff had a three year plan to restore Bristol in the top flight, but they got promoted after just two, meaning they had to really step up their recruitment. Hill's said he's like to make Bristol a local club again, being fed by the clubs around the area. [/b]
Hill said he wanted 2 sign 3 types of players:

1) Local/past loyal players who would die 4 the club

2) Players who will fit in with the more free-flowin game Bristol will try to play

3) Talented, young English players.

Promotion nxt yr had been the target, but this yr is gd, especially as Quins came down with a parachute payment and therefore kept most of their team.

Got to be slightly difficult for Bris really, as much as you want to get talented Enlgish players, they won't have the money to fo it, so there is little alternative to go for foreigners, especially as pacific islanders don't count as Overseas players!

we hav recruited Shaun Perry, Dan Ward-Smith, Rory Teague an Andy Reay who r all English. An we hav kept the link between Argentina an the club, hence the new Argentine in the squad.

We culd spend all of our dosh on 1 or 2 players like Marshall an Magne, but what happens when injuries kic in - no squad depth. Hill has recruited well IMO with out breaking the bank, which we did last time we came up.

I wasn't criticizing, just saying that it's good to have a goal of local talent, but probably very difficult to fulfill.

Originally posted by robbinho@Aug 10 2005, 01:23 AM
I wasn't criticizing, just saying that it's good to have a goal of local talent, but probably very difficult to fulfill.
dont worry, i didnt see it as critizing anyway. As the gulf between GP an ND1 is v.large, and we r a yr early, a lot of players have been brought in to try and combat this. The links with the local clubs and Auckland rugby is gd 4 the future thou.

Can't say I'm mad keen on your new shirts either (can no-one make a kit with normal f*cking hoops!) and the sponsors logo makes it look a bit messy.

Originally posted by robbinho@Aug 10 2005, 10:10 PM
Can't say I'm mad keen on your new shirts either (can no-one make a kit with normal f*cking hoops!) and the sponsors logo makes it look a bit messy.
Don't buy one then!

Personally I like it, but it is a strange one! You will hate it even more when it crosses your tryline numerous times at the Mem on the 4th.....

Originally posted by harrison2468@Aug 10 2005, 02:10 PM
Personally I like it, but it is a strange one! You will hate it even more when it crosses your tryline numerous times at the Mem on the 4th.....
Do Bristol usually warm up in front of the away fans then?

<

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Aug 11 2005, 03:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Aug 11 2005, 03:09 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Aug 10 2005, 02:10 PM
Personally I like it, but it is a strange one!  You will hate it even more when it crosses your tryline numerous times at the Mem on the 4th.....

<
[/b]
Lol! U wait for the 30th of October and the 30th of April when Lima eats your beloved Spencer
<

Originally posted by harrison2468+Aug 10 2005, 04:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Aug 10 2005, 04:19 PM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Aug 11 2005, 03:09 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Aug 10 2005, 02:10 PM
Personally I like it, but it is a strange one!  You will hate it even more when it crosses your tryline numerous times at the Mem on the 4th.....

<
Lol! U wait for the 30th of October and the 30th of April when Lima eats your beloved Spencer
<
[/b]
He's not beloved just yet. Still has to prove himself.

Reihana on the other hand, now that bloke is a Saints icon.

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 10 2005, 09:12 PM
holah could be at saracens after his contract expires at the end of this year

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=4&ObjectID=10340251
Another big name All Black is poised to move offshore.

It is understood Waikato and Chiefs flanker Marty Holah is in negotiations with an English club, believed to be Saracens.
Could be a good signing for Sarries to make. Although he is a Kiwi, so expect to see the Saints sniffing around any possible move at some stage.
<

well going to saints would lessen the blow a bit but not much. Holah is simply class and the 2nd best no 7 in nz behind mcCaw who is arugably the worlds best 7. Holah did play with reihana a bit before he moved over so a move to saints may happen. Also spencer and harding are over at saints as well

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 10 2005, 09:28 PM
well going to saints would lessen the blow a bit but not much. Holah is simply class and the 2nd best no 7 in nz behind mcCaw who is arugably the worlds best 7. Holah did play with reihana a bit before he moved over so a move to saints may happen. Also spencer and harding are over at saints as well
Exactly. I wouldn't be at all suprised, or saddened for that matter, to see our Kiwi contingent rise further.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Aug 11 2005, 05:24 AM
We'll just set Johnny Howard on him!
<
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooo
<

Not Johnny Howard
<
He will clinge onto Lima's leg like a little terrier humping a bloke's leg.
<

Spencer is a top player on form but we all now he blows hot and cold very quickly. The job for Northampton is to first get quality ball consistently and secondly make sure Spencer settles quickly and well. Who will be your chief goalkicker btw, Reihana?

Latest posts