• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2012/13

Iolo Evans has been released by the Scarlets.
http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/21249.php

Scarlets have plenty of backline cover so it's hardly surprising. It would be a shame to seem him go to the Welsh premiership or London Welsh for that matter. The only thing is that when he was playing in the U20's with Liam Williams, i always felt he was the more promising player. Iolo hasn't even been given a shot by the Scarlets.

Ospreys could use a back three player... Cmon Tandy

Last edited:
He's likely to end up with the Wales 7s Setup. He was impressive for London Welsh in the JP Morgan 7's, but was often found to go missing during U20 games. Hopefully a region takes a chance on him.

I wonder which position he will end up playing in. He could make a decent 13 or 15, probably doesn't have the pace to make an international winger but could play regional rugby there.

I wonder which position he will end up playing in. He could make a decent 13 or 15, probably doesn't have the pace to make an international winger but could play regional rugby there.

The lad has pace. He could move to 13 but the feeling is that he's a winger.

He isn't the smallest three-quarter either.
I must say I was surprised, as I didn't think Iongi was particularly impressive, and I haven't rated Phillips or Fenby.
I wasn't quite sure of him when he played for the U20 side. He seemed to lack the edge I like to see from wings.

He isn't the smallest three-quarter either.
I must say I was surprised, as I didn't think Iongi was particularly impressive, and I haven't rated Phillips or Fenby.
I wasn't quite sure of him when he played for the U20 side. He seemed to lack the edge I like to see from wings.

Lee Rees looked impressive for the Principality Premiership XV in the match against Georgia A I watched, has great agility, pace and sidestep, he is a winger very much in the Shane mould at just 5'6". I hope he gets more opportunities next season for the Scarlets, but he was way down the pecking order there last season with Iongi, Fenby and others ahead of him, and with K Phillips coming and Stoddart returning I'm not sure he will get much opportunities this season either.

The Ospreys really need some more wingers/full backs in the squad having let Prydie and K Phillips leave (strange considering they were behind the senior three winger Shane, Walker and Bowe and then when all of them leave making a space open for them to play more they both leave), and also Eli Walker is injured.

Hopefully Lee Rees can be signed as he isn't getting much chance at the Scarlets.

Lee Rees looked impressive for the Principality Premiership XV in the match against Georgia A I watched, has great agility, pace and sidestep, he is a winger very much in the Shane mould at just 5'6". I hope he gets more opportunities next season for the Scarlets, but he was way down the pecking order there last season with Iongi, Fenby and others ahead of him, and with K Phillips coming and Stoddart returning I'm not sure he will get much opportunities this season either.

The Ospreys really need some more wingers/full backs in the squad having let Prydie and K Phillips leave (strange considering they were behind the senior three winger Shane, Walker and Bowe and then when all of them leave making a space open for them to play more they both leave), and also Eli Walker is injured.

Hopefully Lee Rees can be signed as he isn't getting much chance at the Scarlets.

Shining against Georgia A isn't really saying a lot though. I think he will end up in the Welsh prem or English championship in all honesty, I don't think he has the goods for the Ospreys and doubt that they would risk it.

Last edited:

What is Lee Rees' actual height? I've seen 5'6" to 5'11"... If all else fails, Shingler to wing! I think someone on the Turk forum suggested this once. George North to 8 was the other one.

Dragons updated their profiles, everybody seems to have grown an inch or two over the summer... ;)

Ross Filipo(Wasps) > Wellington on "compassionate grounds"

Richard Birkett is bloody lucky

I really rated Filipo before he left New Zealand. Not at all unhappy about him coming back to Wellington. If he's good enough I would mind him playing for the Canes either.

I heard he wasn't all that good for Wasps. With Tom Palmer coming in they should be well stocked in lock.

[h=1]Newcastle Falcons sign Fiji fly-half Waisea Luveniyali[/h]

Not really a transfer but Jebb Sinclair's loan has been extended by London Irish and he will be playing in the Currie Cup for Western Province.

Neil Briggs (Bourgoin) ---> London Welsh

To Be Confirmed:

Kingsley Jones (Russia) ---> London Welsh (Consultant Deal Till November)
Paulica Ion (London Irish) ---> London Welsh (Loan)
Kirill Kulemin (Castres) ---> London Welsh
Tyson Keats (Aironi) ---> London Welsh

Cameron Shepherd to Northampton is off.
Daniel Halangahu to Zebre.
Jake Cooper-Woolley (Cardiff Uni) has signed a development contract with the Cardiff Blues.

Last edited:
Cameron Shepherd to Northampton is off.
Daniel Halangahu to Zebre.
Jake Cooper-Woolley (Cardiff Uni) has signed a development contract with the Cardiff Blues.

WAAAATT??

Just Facebook stalked Cooper-Woolley now to see if I knew him... We have 3 mutual friends and needless to say, they are all 'lads'!

WAAAATT??

Just Facebook stalked Cooper-Woolley now to see if I knew him... We have 3 mutual friends and needless to say, they are all 'lads'!

Lol

He signed for Cardiff RFC as Martyn Fowler is now Director of Rugby there as well as being Head Coach for Cardiff Uni. I thought it was common knowledge that he had signed on a dual with the Blues. Gatland two Varisty matches ago told the lad that he was very impressed and had all the tool's to be successful.

Latest posts