• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2014/15

I can't see that happening - he's a 15 who can cover 10, never played in the centres
I imagine he's moving there as a fulll-time 15 as Tait is crocked again, as are Hamilton and Morris - also a very good goal kicker, which is handy.

Tigers have taken a hit at centre, but they've got a few knocking around with a few not far off returning.

I can't see that happening - he's a 15 who can cover 10, never played in the centres
I imagine he's moving there as a fulll-time 15 as Tait is crocked again, as are Hamilton and Morris - also a very good goal kicker, which is handy.

Tigers have taken a hit at centre, but they've got a few knocking around with a few not far off returning.

Ah, I didn't know Tait was crocked again (bummer, I like Matt Tait). I guess 15 it is then, no mention of the BBC as to what type of contract it is but I'm assuming he's a medical joker and will be turfed out at the end of the season in all likelyhood. Lets hope he gets to show his wares and gets picked up full time by someone who will play him full time *cough* Sale *cough*.

Yeah, I imagine it's just till the end of the season.

Think the ships sailed, with us. Got McLean as first choice, Arscott as 2nd, and then Haley in the academy who looks very very good. McLean got a few years on his contract, Haley will get his first senior at the end of this season I think - Arscott out of contract this year, but I imagine he'll re-sign (and hope he does if he keeps this form up).

How is Luke getting on for you guys? He looked decent in a bad Italy side, always wanted to see him have a chance in a better side to see what he can do (shame he went to Sale...)

How is Luke getting on for you guys? He looked decent in a bad Italy side, always wanted to see him have a chance in a better side to see what he can do (shame he went to Sale...)
peter-griffin-laugh.gif

He's playing well, and getting better the more he does. When he first arrived he had a tendency to kick the ball away a little too much, and aimlessly too, but he's backing himself (and his support) more now and is making some good breaks, and kicking better too.
Bagged a couple of tries, as well, which is always a bonus.

Yep, I agree. They released George Watkins after one match, and brought in Amorosino and Tuculet. Wonder if they will try to push Patchell to midfield. Honestly, I don't think it would work. Patchell from FB doesn't look great, he looks more like a second standoff when joining the line. He has the size for a modern 12, but not sure if he has the defence needed, amongst other things. Last think we should do is Hook him. Allen I think will now be used as a 13, with Williams out. Shame, they could have made a great pairing.

Olyy, why didn't Tuculet stay with Sale? Didn't really follow transfers in depth when he was with you.

Maybe Hammett has a NWQ centre signing up his sleeve.
15 Tuculet/Patchell
14 Cuthbert
13 Allen
12 ?
11 Amorosino
10 Anscombe/Patchell
09 Williams

Decent for Pro12, but depth beyond first choice is poor:
15 Fish
14 Smith
13 Hewitt
12 Evans
11 Walsh
10 Gaz/Humberstone
09 Jones

I think Steven Shingler could be a decent signing for the Blues. Priestland is ahead of him at 10, and Williams at 12 for the Scarlets. I think he could do a decent job at 12, and if he could fill out a bit, would be a solid 12. Also offers the relief as a 'second five' if needed. Cuthbert needs a kick up the arse or to just go away, his attitude on field stinks.

Olyy, why didn't Tuculet stay with Sale? Didn't really follow transfers in depth when he was with you.
Foreign player ruling in the prem limited his game time - we had quite a lot of injuries that season meaning we had no choice but to start foreigners in some positions every week, but then in the back three had quite a few English players so he missed out. He impressed every time he played, though - I was sad to see him go, but he said at the time that he needed to go somewhere he'd play more because he was just breaking into the Argentina side and needed to be playing every week.

He's been signed to by at center for the Blues.

He only has a few caps at centre from what I recall, primarily a fullback, and a good one at that.
Hope it works out, but I'd rather see him at FB with Patchell at standoff. Honestly think Anscombe might be better off at FB from what I've seen.

Latest posts