• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

I wouldn't be surprised to see Philips, Roberts and even Charteris move on from Racing as well what with current international players probably getting frustrated by a lack of game time or appreciation from the club seemingly.

to be fair they've not performed for Racing at all.... they've looked a better team without them in their lineup about 90% of the time.

To be honest, Roberts has been good for them when he's been available.

Phillips has found himself struggling against a scrum half who has risen to the challenge of him being there.

Charteris can't stay fit, but when he's played he hasn't been bad.

Lydiate hasn't fit into the Racing system and actually hasn't adapted to life with the team.

_____________________________________________________________-

Ieuan Jones (Blues) ---> Ospreys (1 Month Loan)

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ieuan-jones-joins-ospreys-month-loan-8018252

Last edited:
to be fair they've not performed for Racing at all.... they've looked a better team without them in their lineup about 90% of the time.

To be honest, Roberts has been good for them when he's been available.

Phillips has found himself struggling against a scrum half who has risen to the challenge of him being there.

Charteris can't stay fit, but when he's played he hasn't been bad.

Lydiate hasn't fit into the Racing system and actually hasn't adapted to life with the team.

I think in the case of all 4 of the Welsh internationals it's a case of there being players that are either in better form or more in tune with the team dynamic. Dumoulin has been in better nick than Roberts, FvdM adn Kruger over Charteris and Le Roux and Claassen ahead of Lydiate. Injuries havn't helped. My impression is that it is a case of the Management and fans having unrealistic expectations and these players struggling to fit in as quickly as hoped for and things have gone a bit sour. Philips I just think is not as good a scrmmie as Machenaud. TBF they are two totally different animals and Philips certainly has his uses and who doesn't like the idea of a behemoth at 9 but fact is Machenaud gets the backline going. I certainly think it's good to have their class in depth but it might be best for them to get more regular game time as they are current test players and for Racing it's maybe better to be able to free up what I assume is big bucks. Not that depth in quality isn't important but I don't see those players as likely to hang around in the current climate. Of course I wouldn't know what the feeling in camp is but that is the general impression I've gotten following the team. I see Dumoulin as a 12 and think Racing needs a creative type/ footballer at 13.

I think in the case of all 4 of the Welsh internationals it's a case of there being players that are either in better form or more in tune with the team dynamic. Dumoulin has been in better nick than Roberts, FvdM adn Kruger over Charteris and Le Roux and Claassen ahead of Lydiate. Injuries havn't helped. My impression is that it is a case of the Management and fans having unrealistic expectations and these players struggling to fit in as quickly as hoped for and things have gone a bit sour. Philips I just think is not as good a scrmmie as Machenaud. TBF they are two totally different animals and Philips certainly has his uses and who doesn't like the idea of a behemoth at 9 but fact is Machenaud gets the backline going. I certainly think it's good to have their class in depth but it might be best for them to get more regular game time as they are current test players and for Racing it's maybe better to be able to free up what I assume is big bucks. Not that depth in quality isn't important but I don't see those players as likely to hang around in the current climate. Of course I wouldn't know what the feeling in camp is but that is the general impression I've gotten following the team. I see Dumoulin as a 12 and think Racing needs a creative type/ footballer at 13.

Don't disagree with that in particular with Phillips. But from what I have seen this year of Racing and what pundits have said (Both Sky and BT) that Roberts has made the difference. People are I feel judging all four together. Which is ok to a certain extent because not all four have contributed. I still will make the case that Roberts has and will continue to do so, for the other three I very much doubt it.

Don't disagree with that in particular with Phillips. But from what I have seen this year of Racing and what pundits have said (Both Sky and BT) that Roberts has made the difference. People are I feel judging all four together. Which is ok to a certain extent because not all four have contributed. I still will make the case that Roberts has and will continue to do so, for the other three I very much doubt it.

Could be. I know I tend to simplify which is a good thing (at least in my work situation) but I'll be the first to admit I can oversimplify and lose a lot of detail in any given situation and I can see others do the same, particularly in this situation where one tends to think of those players as a collective just as much as each individually. Of those it is fair that Roberts is the most likely to make a big difference though I still see Dumoulin as 1st choice at 12, at least at this stage.

Could be. I know I tend to simplify which is a good thing (at least in my work situation) but I'll be the first to admit I can oversimplify and lose a lot of detail in any given situation and I can see others do the same, particularly in this situation where one tends to think of those players as a collective just as much as each individually. Of those it is fair that Roberts is the most likely to make a big difference though I still see Dumoulin as 1st choice at 12, at least at this stage.

I should have mentioned, if I didn't make it clear up top. That I have no issue with all four being judged together because really as a collective they haven't contributed enough to Racing's cause.

Seems that Racing's foray into British and Irish internationals has failed in some respects. Sexton and Roberts have been decent, but not at their previous club and international levels. Phillips was a bit of free shot with his Bayonne situation and if there aren't other scrummies in the squad I can see the value in keeping him. Lydiate has been awful for them and I didn't even know Charteris was there.

With Sexton and Lydiate confirmed leavers and the rest up in the air wonder where they go to next? Look to the academy/French players or try and bring SH players who won't play for their national sides. I suspect the latter.

Seems that Racing's foray into British and Irish internationals has failed in some respects. Sexton and Roberts have been decent, but not at their previous club and international levels. Phillips was a bit of free shot with his Bayonne situation and if there aren't other scrummies in the squad I can see the value in keeping him. Lydiate has been awful for them and I didn't even know Charteris was there.

With Sexton and Lydiate confirmed leavers and the rest up in the air wonder where they go to next? Look to the academy/French players or try and bring SH players who won't play for their national sides. I suspect the latter.

For the 2014/15 season they've raided 'lesser' Top 14 teams (Castres n particular though Castres shouldn't be called lessr LOL) so I wouldn't be surprised to see that continue with may a signing or 2 from the SH- probably SA as they have 6 SAs on the books as it is. Post RWC is always silly season though so they might decide to wait a year.

Byron McGuigan

Bay of plenty ----------> Exeter Chiefs.

EDIT: woops wrong thread soz

Last edited:
Samson Lee
AWJ
Scott Williams
Dan Biggar
Taulupe Faletau

---> WRU central contracts

Green with envy tbh.

Luke Braid -> Bordeaux-Begles

Fantastic signing for BB, I'll be very sad to see Braid go. He's certainly been one of the top flankers in Super Rugby for the last two or three seasons and sorely deserved to be playing for the All Blacks - far more so than his brother!

[h=1]http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Jono-Ross-leaves-Bulls-20141111[/h]
Jono Ross -> Stade

Jamie Hagan ---> Leinster short term deal, was improving when he left but haven't heard anything of him since then. I hope he hasn't horrible regressed, we need more props atm.

Really bad signing, he's been poor at Irish - on Saturday he scrummaged against a front row of a 20yr old tighthead playing loosehead, a 21 year old hooker and a 22 year old loosehead playing tighthead (for only the third time) and was on toast.

Latest posts