• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

Joaquin Tuculet -----> Cardiff Blues.

On a deal until the end of the season. Cardiff must have some sort of scout watching Argentina at the moment as that's two internationals now. Was impressed with Amarosino in his first game, so hopefully Joaquin is much of the same for the centre. I quite like the ideas of trying him and Allen together.

http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/7332.php#.VGolE4czxUQ

Hallam Amos, Tyler Morgan, Taulupe Faletau and Dan Lydiate ---> WRU Central Contracts

There are another 8 who have signed and we are due to find out in due course.

Hallam Amos, Tyler Morgan, Taulupe Faletau and Dan Lydiate ---> WRU Central Contracts

How long do these central contracts last? Misread the other thread and thought they were 2 years.

Last edited:

Morgan and Amos really shouldn't be on a DC. Morgan is being pushed too quickly and breaking, just like Dixon. Amos is decent, but far down the pecking order for Wales. I'd assume they are doing it just so Newport have a few on DC to be 'fair' and also those two probably won't cost much. Don't get me wrong, I think they will be useful for Newport, but not worth DC investment compared to others. Amos is on a three-year deal right now (Morgan also signed, unknown duration), and considering he is in Uni at Cardiff, not a risk leaving Wales at the moment.

Would rather have seen Charteris and Lydiate return to Newport, as they could add something to the pack. Our second rows are limited. Landmann is decent, Gough ancient and injured, Hill/Screech small, Davies very young. Still would kill for a new prop (Draggs' most used phrase since 2010) and the decision to let Parry go still doesn't make sense. TRT is solid enough, and Dee has potential, but Parry was doing a very nice job for us in all honesty.

Link

Really bad signing, he's been poor at Irish - on Saturday he scrummaged against a front row of a 20yr old tighthead playing loosehead, a 21 year old hooker and a 22 year old loosehead playing tighthead (for only the third time) and was on toast.

Elliot Kear: Bradford Bulls --> London Welsh

Chin up, son. I guess he's a sucker for punishment.

Confirmed Aaron Mauger --> Leicester Tigers 3 year deal.

Last time he was involved in our coaching set up (His final year) we had a 5TBP win streak and got into the final of the HC and AP.

Brilliant stuff.

Confirmed Aaron Mauger --> Leicester Tigers 3 year deal.

Last time he was involved in our coaching set up (His final year) we had a 5TBP win streak and got into the final of the HC and AP.

Brilliant stuff.

that's a good signing for Leicester, very good coach.

22 year old Lock, son of Gary and nephew of Alan (Both All black Locks) think he is a project player. Think he was back in Auckland after the last season. can't remember.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "project player"?

... bearing in mind it's an ancient Celtic phrase that loosely translates into "Future Poach".

Last edited:
Basically has failed to make it in a super rugby squad but is still young I guess Leicester scouts like him enough to see how he goes (Ala Steve Mafi). Hopefully he can follow in his relations footsteps.

Latest posts