• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

Fair enough, I understand it gets murky with central contracts and boards helping with individual players. I was basing my comments on Leinster spending that amount as I found that source on an Irish site. I honestly see a lot of boards doing what the Aussies have done recently soon though. That or boards are going to need to find additional revenues because whilst the top tier superstars are going to be looked after there comes a point where players are going to feel massively undervalued if the board is sweetening their teammates deal and not theirs.

- - - Updated - - -

Be a shame for Scotland to lose Dunbar and particularly Bennett. Genuine bright spots I thought during 6NS. Would also question whether they have depth to replace many injuries.
Well i just hope it doesn't get as serious that we would have to bring Nick De Luca back which would be a shambles. But i can predict if Scott, Dunbar, and Bennett are all out the team will probably look like 12. Horne 13. Lamont. I wouldn't even mind Vernon in at 13. or another option for us as Weir is back is play Weir at 10 and have Russell in the centre's but i would prefer Russell at 10. So if the big 3 centre's in Scotland are all out. It would be good to have someone like Allan to replace them.

I think the Leinster 10m/Bizarritz 11m/Toulon everything figures represent total spend on everything, not just wage budgets.

The last I heard as a concrete, Ulster were spending about the AP cap about a couple of years ago i.e. before the big raises.

Anyone know what the policy toward outside investment for the provinces is now?

It's all subject to IRFU and can't be to extravagant. Also can only be a part funding and is put under great scrutiny before being allowed. Obviously it's all out in open to IRFU as they're the bosses

Anyone know what the policy toward outside investment for the provinces is now?

There's bits and pieces of private money filtering in. Leinster's new gym paid for by private money, I believe, while I'm not quite sure of the position of the endorsements that accompany Sexton returning to Leinster. I'm not sure there's an official position, but it seems the IRFU will at least toy with some involvement.

There's bits and pieces of private money filtering in. Leinster's new gym paid for by private money, I believe, while I'm not quite sure of the position of the endorsements that accompany Sexton returning to Leinster. I'm not sure there's an official position, but it seems the IRFU will at least toy with some involvement.

I should make it clear all that is because all the training bases are partly owned by other institutions. For example all Munsters investment in training centres is through UL and CIT who received funding from private backers. Ulster I think worked through Queens or UUJ. Leinster through UCD.
Players is the scrutiny one and funding for that.

Stade Rochelle (Rochelais) have signed English schoolboy Oli Butler on an academy contract. Interesting one as usually if English schoolboys sign in France they have usually played to a national level, which he has not.

Sam Johnson and Greg Peterson both signed for Glasgow really don't know if they're good or not tbh but it does look like another poor signing from Glasgow yet again.

- - - Updated - - -

though looking at Sam Johnson he looks like someone with good potential he might not be as bad.

Sam Johnson and Greg Peterson both signed for Glasgow really don't know if they're good or not tbh but it does look like another poor signing from Glasgow yet again.

- - - Updated - - -

though looking at Sam Johnson he looks like someone with good potential he might not be as bad.

Why poor?

Why poor?
haven't actually seen you around here before, welcome btw.

The only reason why i've said Glasgow's signing were poor is only because that Glasgow are losing they're best players. for example Sean Maitland is leaving aswell as Al Kellock, Niko Matawalu and DTH van der Merwe. and the signing that Glasgow have made to replace them has atm been poor and i feel that they will make Glasgow worse but that is my opinion.

haven't actually seen you around here before, welcome btw.

The only reason why i've said Glasgow's signing were poor is only because that Glasgow are losing they're best players. for example Sean Maitland is leaving aswell as Al Kellock, Niko Matawalu and DTH van der Merwe. and the signing that Glasgow have made to replace them has atm been poor and i feel that they will make Glasgow worse but that is my opinion.

Yes but, and I know being an Embra fan this is probably asking too much, but could you elucidate? Poor in what way? I mean, given we know very little about the signings (pural) that Glasgow have just made, how do you know they're poor?

Yes but, and I know being an Embra fan this is probably asking too much, but could you elucidate? Poor in what way? I mean, given we know very little about the signings (pural) that Glasgow have just made, how do you know they're poor?
I just dont think the signings Glasgow made will strengthen the team. with Glasgow are losing they're best players they need good signing and from what i've seen they haven't. like is Grayson Hart or Mike Blair the answer to Matawalu's replacement. Blair who is 34 so close to retirement and Grayson Hart who is our 3rd choice Scrum half. or is Kieran Low who doesn't get selected (well when i see the London irish team i dont see him in it) for London Irish or Peterson who like @Tigs Man said is Leicesters like 7th option for second row so do you think that a good replacement for Al Kellock. I really dont think they are which is why i say they're poor signing if they will do poorly for Glasgow idk but we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

And you also mentioned Edinburgh. Visser is going but i think we done well to get Helu as a replacement. Heathcote is going aswell which ment Burleigh moves to 10 and we sign Allen at center which is also a good signing. Grayson hart is going as you know so we decided to loan Fowles and he did well so we bought him fully.

Joel Hodgson and Tom Ryder: Northampton Saints --> Yorkshire Carnegie

Joel Hodgson and Tom Ryder: Northampton Saints --> Yorkshire Carnegie

Hodgson really effed up ditching Falcons.
Looked incredibly promising, was a regular starter, flew the nest to get no gametime at a bigger named club (apparently on less wages than he was offered) and is now playing in the championship instead.

Interesting that after a huge fire sale when they were relegated and largely becoming a selling club just developing kids, now Yorkshire Carnegie are recruiting a squad that looks far more likely to challenge at the top of the division. Hodgson, Ryder, Schofield and Saull may not be big names in the context of the Premiership, but they will likely be amongst the better players in the Championship.

Latest posts