• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Not if Toomua stays fit IMO, he is a good defensive leader.

Thompstone starts over Holmes for me esp if we have Veainu and Mckenzie in the other back 3 positions.

I agree on Thompstone and Toomua is brilliant defensively.

Sods law we will have more injuries again though.

I'm genuinely perplexed at how many people are humouring the McKenzie rumour...

I'm genuinely perplexed at how many people are humouring the McKenzie rumour...
Don't think it's hugely unbelievable. Hansen's shown that despite incredible SR form he's still 4th choice at fullback with Jordie ahead of him as the young gun. Why wouldn't he want to cash in?

Don't think it's hugely unbelievable. Hansen's shown that despite incredible SR form he's still 4th choice at fullback with Jordie ahead of him as the young gun. Why wouldn't he want to cash in?
Agreed - McKenzie is significantly more likely than Nick Evans was all those years ago.

I don't know Mckenzie obviously but:

- he'd earn far more in Europe
- it's clear his face doesn't fit with Hansen
- there are repeated efforts to make him play at flyhalf despite him excelling at fullback
- the Chiefs are almost being disbanded at the end of the season with coaching and personnel changes.

To me he'd be a mug not to go up north and wait until he can discuss his options with Hansen's successor.

Somebody mentioned Glaws signing Dan Biggar recently.

Not sure it would happen (it would make a mockery of 'Gatland's Law') and not really our type of signing - would be too expensive and Bath/Exeter would swoop before we did.

Guess it may mean that Biggar (for some weird reason) may not be the long-term Wales #10 in future, despite being one of three world-class kickers in the Wales squad. Or will Gatland's Law be binned and the best XV picked no matter which club they play for?

Somebody mentioned Glaws signing Dan Biggar recently.

Not sure it would happen (it would make a mockery of 'Gatland's Law') and not really our type of signing - would be too expensive and Bath/Exeter would swoop before we did.

Guess it may mean that Biggar (for some weird reason) may not be the long-term Wales #10 in future, despite being one of three world-class kickers in the Wales squad. Or will Gatland's Law be binned and the best XV picked no matter which club they play for?
Exeter have no interest in Biggar, Bath don't need him, still see him going to Saints if he comes to the prem. They were keen on him and were prepared to pay the cash.

So I hear, but I would have thought that Moriarty would be one of the players the WRU would want to offer a lucrative central contract. He's only 23 so as well as being an important squad member now, I imagine he'll also be one they want to build the next generation around.

- right at the start McKenzie is asked about the rumour. Hmmmm

Also Ben Smith having a sabbatical, will that impact McKenzies future?

To be fair it seems a sensible deal for both players and Tigers. Gloucester aren't exactly blessed at Lock either.

To be fair it seems a sensible deal for both players and Tigers. Gloucester aren't exactly blessed at Lock either.

We've got four average locks. May is probably our only "star" player and one who can unlock defences or produce a bit of magic. It seems like we're trading our prize cow for some magic beans......

Weird but good

May and Veainu in the same back three offers a lot of counter attacking threat

You can build a team around forwards but not around backs.

100% agree. Slater adds experience and ability in an area Gloucester are currently lacking those qualities.

Losing May is a blow, but I'd say any combination of Marshall, Woodward, Sharples, Halifonua and Purdy is decent at Premiership level. Gloucester may well have bigger ambitions, but right now, they need to focus on improving their Premiership performance level and those back three options are good enough to do that.

Latest posts