• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Yeah, Nott looks ffaarr better as a blindside than a 2nd row, but we have ton of blindsides.
Think he's suffered from the same issue Gaskell did - was very tall as a kid so played lock all his life but then when he got to the senior level was too slight to really have the impact there but has all the skills to be a great backrower.
Gaskell has filled out a bit more now and is at home in the 2nd row, Nott likely will in the future too but atm he's stuck as third (well 4th now that Beaumont is back) 2nd row when he'd be far better suited being in the backrow.

With Morgan, Moriarty, Ackermann, Clarke, Ludlow, Polledri and Rowan; this is madness if true.

As Tigs Man said, Moriarty is off and so is Rowan. That said, there are strong rumours that Jaco Kriel has signed for Gloucester too and it would not be the best move for Haskell.

Bristol seems like a good fit and is somewhere he could expect a decent amount of game time.

Worcester could be an interesting option. With DOC retiring, a big presence on and off the pitch might be required.

While I'm sure this will be laughed at, I think Saracens could be the best choice. Burger is retiring and Haskell could take that spot and buy a bit more time for the likes of Earl to come through.

We need Kriel, as there's been offers for Morgan and Ackermann allegedly.

Bristol and Quins mentioned.
I would be v suprised if quins came in for a backrow... weve got a lot of decent players there atm... Wallace, Robo, Chisholm, Lumanu, Bothma and White coming through

I would be v suprised if quins came in for a backrow... weve got a lot of decent players there atm... Wallace, Robo, Chisholm, Lumanu, Bothma and White coming through

+1 on this. Wouldn't make sense for Quins. If we needed any back row cover it would be at 7. Still have clifford to add that list and glynn is handy at 6.

Last edited:
I'm not interested in Morgan but I'd argue we DO need another back row player - specifically a 7.

Ward covers manfully when required but other than that we only have Wallace.

Clifford's injury record is really poor and Bothma's repeated arm injuries are a significant concern.

I'm not sure White is really going to be any more than a reasonable club player.

I'm not interested in Morgan but I'd argue we DO need another back row player - specifically a 7.

Ward covers manfully when required but other than that we only have Wallace.

Clifford's injury record is really poor and Bothma's repeated arm injuries are a significant concern.

I'm not sure White is really going to be any more than a reasonable club player.
To replace Wallace or be a back up to him?

Tough one ... it really depends on the scale of our ambitions.

I rate Wallace but it remains to be seen how much of a long term impact his injury will have.

While I'd regard him as a very good club player, we should really be looking for someone who would be the clear first choice. Kwagga Smith would be my ideal signing but I don't see that happening.

Being more realistic, I think we should probably go for a player of similar calibre who will provide competition for Wallace. Someone like Rowan would be a good option IMO.

I would love someone like Will Evans who had the potential to be better than that but isn't there yet, but I can't see Tigers letting him go.

Not much ...

Kyle Eastmond - Wasps > Sale
Matt Scott - Gloucester > Edinburgh
Marcel van der Merwe - Toulon > Wasps

Multiple South Africans (no names) > Worcester

In other news Quins have confirmed the signing of Max Crumpton from Bristol.

Latest posts