• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Tigs?

waving.gif

According to Peter O'Reilly in the Sunday Times, Leinster got a visit from David Nucifora and Joe Schmidt during the week and were told to choose which of Ross Byrne and Joey Carbery are moving to Ulster.

According to Peter O'Reilly in the Sunday Times, Leinster got a visit from David Nucifora and Joe Schmidt during the week and were told to choose which of Ross Byrne and Joey Carbery are moving to Ulster.
Set to be a most intense games of 'first one to touch the floor has to uproot their life and move to Belfast' to see who has to leave.
But surely the players should be on board with this before making demands to Leinster. Not that I don't think one moving on willingly up would be great for Irish rugby.

Same article goes on to state that both players want to remain with Leinster. Best case scenario for Leinster is probably that one of them goes to Ulster on a one year loan deal.

Fissler reckons we've offered Folau 750k a year

I see he's resorted to the rugby inside line tactic of pulling handfuls of **** out his arse and trying to pass then as credible rumours

FFS
As Olyy say Sale offering Izzy 750K
Tom Woolenscroft leaving Irish
Cokasigna of to Bath
Theo Brophy-clews being linked to Bath
Jonny williams to Newcastle
Gordan Reid wants to return to Glasgow
Cowan likely off
Blackadder fighting off being sacked.
Franco Mostert to Gloucester could be completed in a couple weeks.

I see he's resorted to the rugby inside line tactic of pulling handfuls of **** out his arse and trying to pass then as credible rumours

I've asked around not heard anything back though. TBH Diamond has prob offered him that, he offered Ford similar TBF.

750K a year WOW!!!, would he make that much of a difference to Sale next season? he's a superstar for sure but 750k's 2-3 outstanding first team players...

750K a year WOW!!!, would he make that much of a difference to Sale next season? he's a superstar for sure but 750k's 2-3 outstanding first team players...
No,
JOC will be first choice 15, and while Folau is better he's not 400+k better.
Plus with all the controversy over the Solomona incident, and the outreach work we've been doing for years in the lgbt sides in/around Manchester, I doubt the club is really hankering after a proven homophobe.

Guessing out of the two Byrne would be the better one for Leinster but then you guys will also have Sexton and Carberry away for Ireland games.

If one of them wants to go then fine, I can't imagine either would want anything more than a 2 year loan though. I'd rather send Carbery to be honest, with the exception of the when we play our first team where he's a better bench option I think Byrne is more valuable. Byrne is third choice but Carbery is involved in every Ireland squad and Byrne has certainly had a greater impact on the last two domestic seasons.

Got to try turn a negative into a positive. If it's going to happen, Leinster need to try get something in return. A John Cooney for Jamison Gibson Park swap would relieve Leinster of their 3 into 2 ineligible player conundrum.

It'd be tough for Leinster to take. In essence they're being weakened for the disciplinary proceedings taken against Ulster players.

I'm not sure that's really the case. If I were Byrne I'd be keen to show what I could do as a first choice 10.

Yes it is 'uprooting' but we're talking about moving 80 or so miles North so it's not as though they'll be exiled from their social/family circles.

I'm not sure that's really the case. If I were Byrne I'd be keen to show what I could do as a first choice 10.

Yes it is 'uprooting' but we're talking about moving 80 or so miles North so it's not as though they'll be exiled from their social/family circles.
Well Brexit and performing in a lesser team are 2 risks.

Got to try turn a negative into a positive. If it's going to happen, Leinster need to try get something in return. A John Cooney for Jamison Gibson Park swap would relieve Leinster of their 3 into 2 ineligible player conundrum.

It'd be tough for Leinster to take. In essence they're being weakened for the disciplinary proceedings taken against Ulster players.
And give the Nordies more reason to moan about losing 9's, you're a brave man!

Its not as if Byrne doesn't get the chance to do that though, he plays more at 10 than Carbery. The way this is reportedly going down is bad form from the IRFU, its literally Nucifora's job to decide who goes and not Cullen's. If you then let Byrne and Carbery try to make the decision Byrne has the upper hand because he knows if he stays put it won't harm his development and international chances whereas it does for Carbery. Nucifora should grow a pair and send Carbery, its obviously the better choice for the IRFU.

yep not like it's two different nations with no differences........

Oh wait..

And give the Nordies more reason to moan about losing 9's, you're a brave man!

Its not as if Byrne doesn't get the chance to do that though, he plays more at 10 than Carbery. The way this is reportedly going down is bad form from the IRFU, its literally Nucifora's job to decide who goes and not Cullen's. If you then let Byrne and Carbery try to make the decision Byrne has the upper hand because he knows if he stays put it won't harm his development and international chances whereas it does for Carbery. Nucifora should grow a pair and send Carbery, its obviously the better choice for the IRFU.
The issue is more. If Sexton out Byrne will start as he the better suited 10. But for 22 shirt in a strongest 23 Carbery is there for flexibility and impact.

Still it is a case of in 1 way yes it will be good for Ireland but Leinster are punished.
But also if either go up and are failures what happens then. Like it is a dangerous precedent IRFU may set

Latest posts