• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Damian Willemse is being linked with Saracens as RWC cover for Owen Farrell.

Max Malins is injured.

Fijian Rugby League star Suliasi Vunivalu to a Rugby Australia contract from Melbourne Storm.
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...si-vunivalu-report/1jfy0f402rcgd1n2gn1k5qa89y

I'd love to see him return to rugby union. If he signed a Rugby Australia contract, he'd tie himself to the Wallabies. I'd much prefer to see him sign for a club in Europe or Japan and become a dual international for Fiji.
So he can be released from his French club once every four years?

Call me crazy but I'd like to see people born and raised in Fiji and of Fijian heritage, play for Fiji above Australia. I also fully accept that nationality and eligibility aren't as clear as they once were with something like 30% of all residents of Australia being born elsewhere.

Call me crazy but I'd like to see people born and raised in Fiji and of Fijian heritage, play for Fiji above Australia. I also fully accept that nationality and eligibility aren't as clear as they once were with something like 30% of all residents of Australia being born elsewhere.
Only Isi and MK were raised Fijian.

If you can fix their economy then I agree. MK said he specifically left to send as much money back as possible, meaning you'd be depriving a whole family of income just for sentiments.

If you can fix their economy then I agree. MK said he specifically left to send as much money back as possible, meaning you'd be depriving a whole family of income just for sentiments.
????
I believe Snoop is advocating for the guy to play professional rugby in france and also play for Fiji. The options aren't play professional rugby for Australia or earn no money. He can send loads of money home to his family from france and still represent Fiji.

????
I believe Snoop is advocating for the guy to play professional rugby in france and also play for Fiji. The options aren't play professional rugby for Australia or earn no money. He can send loads of money home to his family from france and still represent Fiji.
Meh - we all know the French clubs lean on their islander players. They barely ever get released to play internationally, and its so infrequent that they will never have the time to gel into a proper team.

Meh - we all know the French clubs lean on their islander players. They barely ever get released to play internationally, and its so infrequent that they will never have the time to gel into a proper team.
It's amazing how rarely things that "everyone knows" and "things that are true" are actually the same things

I'm only talking about Suliasi Vunivalu. If sending as much money home as possible is the goal, which is an admirable stance, then going to France and playing for Fiji is the right thing to do.

I'm only talking about Suliasi Vunivalu. If sending as much money home as possible is the goal, which is an admirable stance, then going to France and playing for Fiji is the right thing to do.
If the right contract is available then sure - i suspect if he made the Wallabies there would be far more money available here based purely on international match payments and RA top-up. Could be wrong.

Kieran Marmion set to sign 3 year deal with Saracens. Seems all rumours suggest hands have been shook on a deal already

Kieran Marmion set to sign 3 year deal with Saracens. Seems all rumours suggest hands have been shook on a deal already
Can't say I saw it coming but makes sense really. Disappointed he's off but understand why he is. Great signing for Sarries. Blade will have to step up but I really rate him and I'd say he's more than able for the task.

Six figures over the cap (closing in on 7) but can sign an international to a three year deal....hmm....

Maybe they're removing Wigglesworth from playing staff and making him a coach?

Well Marmion has family links to club and isn't on huge money here so it will be interesting.

Toulon set to offer Liam Williams a small fortune when his Sarries contract ends..

Apparently he wants to go back to Wales with the Ospreys leading the chase but funds are a problem..

Snyman and De Allende signing for Munster apprently.

I feel like a kid when your little brother better Christmas presents than you. Where's my world cup winning Sprinkbok, Mum?* Life is cruel and unfair.

I'll settle for Faf de Klerk (please don't ban me Olly)

*Mum being the IRFU

Snyman and De Allende signing for Munster apprently.

I feel like a kid when your little brother better Christmas presents than you. Where's my world cup winning Sprinkbok, Mum?* Life is cruel and unfair.

I'll settle for Faf de Klerk (please don't ban me Olly)

*Mum being the IRFU
You'd be even more p!! sed off if you opened your Christmas present and it was Elton Janjites...

You'd be even more p!! sed off if you opened your Christmas present and it was Elton Janjites...
You joke but Ulster did actually try to sign him last year, IRFU did them a massive favour blocking that one (even if they did end up with Billy Burns).

Latest posts