• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Interesting.. I thought rugby is not that popular there,for really high salaries..
It's getting more popular but the clubs are owned by large corporations so have no qualms with pouring some money in for the novelty

Has anyone got any links about how much money is on offer in Japan and how it compares to other places please? I know that Goromaru was on massive money and that everyone always talks up the money, but I don't ever recall seeing any sort of evidence.

Also, is the season still short compared to other countries? I remember reading ?Matt Giteau? saying that the shorter season (and I think at the time the lower standard) meant that it was possible to eak out more years from a failing body than it would have be by staying in Australia. Obviously for most, the move automatically means removing the stresses and strains of international rugby.

Top League season is only about 4months long,
Not sure on average salaries but I know a lot of players are actually employees of the club's owner (i.e. suntory, panasonic etc) in sales roles etc. rather than technically full time pros, and then you're allowed a number of foreign imports (6?) per side, which are usually marquees or uni graduates with an eye on residency - it's a weird league.

Zach Mercer being chased by Montpellier
Also Bath interested in Marcus Smith.

I feel if Mercer doesn't get picked him going to france for 2 seasons might be extremely likely.

Zach Mercer being chased by Montpellier
Also Bath interested in Marcus Smith.

I feel if Mercer doesn't get picked him going to france for 2 seasons might be extremely likely.
As a Bath and England fan, I'd be pretty annoyed if he was lost. Hope is always there he could return. I'd be interested in getting Smith though, looks like we might finally be getting thing in order with some sensible targeted signings rather than getting more players in positions we don't need them.

Looking to save money on shirt printing, we're apparently signing JP du Preez as injury cover for Lood

Also signing a short term backrower as well (Beaumont still not back, T.Curry away with England/on mandatory stand down for large parts of the season)

Looking to save money on shirt printing, we're apparently signing JP du Preez as injury cover for Lood

Also signing a short term backrower as well (Beaumont still not back, T.Curry away with England/on mandatory stand down for large parts of the season)

Sale honesty need to sign Robert du Preez snr now to head coach.
I feel it's something that might make the world feel complete.

Chiefs after Obano,
Watson and JJ yet to sign new contracts at Bath
Mercer still linked with a move to France
Origin for all of those was Ruck; and I don't think these guys bother with things like fact checking before reporting each others rumours.

According to Ruck, Obano to Exeter; Priestland to retirement; Mercer to Montpellier; Dunn and Ewels to France; JJ, Watson and Cokonasiga all back to LIrish...
so pretty much every Bath player with international ambitions to leave the club; 3 to remove themselves from international contention; 3 to a club who can't afford them and 1 to a club who can't afford him within the salary cap (depending on departures, of course).
Of the lot, only Obano and Rhys make any form of actual sense - the rest seemed to be a case of flinging mud and hoping something sticks; given the context around the original story, the same may well go for the realistic rumours.

Go
Origin for all of those was Ruck; and I don't think these guys bother with things like fact checking before reporting each others rumours.

According to Ruck, Obano to Exeter; Priestland to retirement; Mercer to Montpellier; Dunn and Ewels to France; JJ, Watson and Cokonasiga all back to LIrish...
so pretty much every Bath player with international ambitions to leave the club; 3 to remove themselves from international contention; 3 to a club who can't afford them and 1 to a club who can't afford him within the salary cap (depending on departures, of course).
Of the lot, only Obano and Rhys make any form of actual sense - the rest seemed to be a case of flinging mud and hoping something sticks; given the context around the original story, the same may well go for the realistic rumours.
God that is an absolute battering. Why the sudden upheaval... Mercer is only 23 and surely still has England ambitions as well as Ewels and even Dunn?

Watson, JJ and big Joe seems harsh as all settled but also that would really put pressure on Naholo (Where has he been??), Loader and Hassell-Collins.

I'm sure we could find space for one or two of them ;) I'd take Ewels, Dunn, Watson, Big Joe, JJ or Obano in a heartbeat.

TBF the mail started the Mercer rumour.

The thing is, i am assuming much like Wasps, lots of clubs got players tied down to new contracts due to last year but still have a fair few that they need to agree. I think we have 12 roughly still out of contract and we have kind of accepted that Rowlands and maybe Cruse and Sops etc are off.

I'd imagine that's more praying than accepting
He may be a great guy but he's really not turned out to be the player we thought he would be...

Any news on whose replacing Diams by the way? Sanderson prehaps? or maybe Diams had a no.2 who could step up much like Blackett did?

Latest posts