• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Yeah would appear so, disappointing if true, looks immense and now seems to have put previous issues behind him. The search continues

JJ Hanrahan to Clermont seemingly done.
Said he was offered a deal to stay in Munster but I do know he was informed chances would be very limited.
Will be very interesting to see how he goes.

JJ Hanrahan to Clermont

Sad to see him go, who's meant to bottle crucial kicks in knockout games against Leinster now.

Still, good move for him. His second Munster stint probably came to a natural end this season.

JJ Hanrahan to Clermont

Sad to see him go, who's meant to bottle crucial kicks in knockout games against Leinster now.

Still, good move for him. His second Munster stint probably came to a natural end this season.
Was probably just out of enough game time. Next season Crowley will see alot of time at 10/12. Healy at 10, Joey at 10, DAA @ 12, Flannery @12.

Would have felt bad for JJ if he wasn't going to a European contender. Great move for him, and I think he will actually be a hit for Clermont. Sad to think what could have been for JJ, he has bags and bags of ability, but you have to back the young guys and JJ has to back himself abroad.

JJ Hanrahan to Clermont

Clermont going from bad to worse in their recruitment. They are in decline and with Azema gone to Montpellier it's going to get worse for them.

Yeah there were definitely whispers of something like this but I wrote them off because it made so little sense.

Genuinely though Munster had moved on from this kind of nonsense. Ridiculous signing.

Saw this rumoured a few days ago. Bizarre signing if it happens.
To be honest it is being rumoured. Not sure if there is anything solid.
IRFU seem adamant to have Tadgh be a 6 permanently and Jenkins to be in the 2nd row.
He's a good player but not what we need now unfortunately. Tom Ahearne is a weapon that needs to be used.
Frontrow we need help. Yes we are loosing CJ but Hodnett (depending on his form upon return) will be just as good. And well we have enough in back 5 to develop.

It's a dangerous path that well doesn't sit well with many inside camp and I'm sure outside camp. I'd 100% back it if I knew there wasn't talent in camp but I see there is. Back 5 of scrum in terms of talent we are strong. We loose Billy and CJ but it is their leadership more so.

To be honest it is being rumoured. Not sure if there is anything solid.
IRFU seem adamant to have Tadgh be a 6 permanently and Jenkins to be in the 2nd row.
He's a good player but not what we need now unfortunately. Tom Ahearne is a weapon that needs to be used.
Frontrow we need help. Yes we are loosing CJ but Hodnett (depending on his form upon return) will be just as good. And well we have enough in back 5 to develop.

It's a dangerous path that well doesn't sit well with many inside camp and I'm sure outside camp. I'd 100% back it if I knew there wasn't talent in camp but I see there is. Back 5 of scrum in terms of talent we are strong. We loose Billy and CJ but it is their leadership more so.

rg staying ? Strange signing

didn't think we needed a lock given Ahern's potential. There's no doubt we keep getting overpowered in the big games. Sadly that overpowering happens in the front row mostly. We've a collection of hookers/props who are technically safe at their core skill but offer zero in the loose compared to their compatriots at Leinster/saracens/racing/Toulouse etc etc.

rg staying ? Strange signing

didn't think we needed a lock given Ahern's potential. There's no doubt we keep getting overpowered in the big games. Sadly that overpowering happens in the front row mostly. We've a collection of hookers/props who are technically safe at their core skill but offer zero in the loose compared to their compatriots at Leinster/saracens/racing/Toulouse etc etc.
He's staying more when you break down we light at senior level.

2nd row : RG, Kleyn, Ahern are options

Tadgh and Fineen are seen as 6s
POM as 7

He's staying more when you break down we light at senior level.

2nd row : RG, Kleyn, Ahern are options

Tadgh and Fineen are seen as 6s
POM as 7
As long as Ahern gets lot and lots of minutes muff. He's the future. He's local. Hopefully he'll be a future international.
I'd agree that Tadhg and fineen are both 6s. I'd debate the Pom as 7 tbh but I'd hope that's hodnetts spot.

There's no doubt we keep getting overpowered in the big games. Sadly that overpowering happens in the front row mostly. We've a collection of hookers/props who are technically safe at their core skill but offer zero in the loose compared to their compatriots at Leinster/saracens/racing/Toulouse etc etc.
Welcome to the Ulster club my friend

Welcome to the Ulster club my friend

I think ye have a better front row fwiw and a very dangerous set of backs who don't look like they met in the car park. I often feel our back play isn't as joined up as it should be.
I think Coetzee is going to be a phenomenal loss that nakawara won't come close to filling.

Latest posts