• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Worcester are apparently expecting to sign an as yet unnamed 26yr old Kiwi lock. No idea who - Diamond being a bit cryptic.

"My job is to turn Worcester around quickly and to do that you need lads who are hard cases, who are the right age and who are the right experience so the lock who will be coming in is a Kiwi, he is 26, 27 years of age, I won't tell you his name yet because he might not sign the contract but I'm pretty sure he will do, and he will fit the same bill as Curtis Langdon, as Fergus Lee-Warner, as Cam Neild, that crew who are not coming to bugger about."

My money is on someone who plays with Bryn Evans connecting Diamond with someone he plays with it's a Diamond way of doing things
So someone like
Josh Dickson (Highlanders)
Geoff Cridge (Hawkes bay/Waratahs)

That being said can't think of many Kiwi hard case locks that have come into the prem and looked hard

The other name I've seen mentioned is James Blackwell from the Hurricanes. Again, I highly doubt it's him.

A quote from the same interview is "I've grafted, I have found him and he looks to be a good player". That suggests to me it's a relative unknown who's either playing in the NZ domestic competition or overseas.

I'd imagine it's a guy from the NPC,
Presumably someone who plays with either Solomona or Bryn Evans (or both, now they're at the same Super Rugby franchise, I dunno if Solomona has changed NPC sides)

So some rumours
Scott Sio in talks with Ealing (Perhaps they should spend money on their stadium...)
Tiff Eden to Zebre
Saints looking to sign Cobus Wiese (Sounds BS given Fissler stats Wiese is in contract and saints have to jump through a lot of hoops inculding a buy out fee so basically sounds like a made up story)
Salvi to Treviso as defende coach Gustard to Stade Francais
Marland Yarde now joined a aussie agency.

Saints looking to sign Cobus Wiese (Sounds BS given Fissler stats Wiese is in contract and saints have to jump through a lot of hoops inculding a buy out fee so basically sounds like a made up story)
Hope it's not true, playing very well since he's come back from injury. With the amount of games England players have to miss next season he's going to have a big part to play

Like you said feels like he's making things up/embellishing enquiries because it's end of the season and he needs to fill column inches

I'd imagine it's a guy from the NPC,
Presumably someone who plays with either Solomona or Bryn Evans (or both, now they're at the same Super Rugby franchise, I dunno if Solomona has changed NPC sides)
Who possibly hasn't signed anyway since nothing has been announced.

If he can stay injury free Nanai is brilliant, shame he couldn't for us

He's an excellent player.

Although considering the wage I personally don't feel that it's the backs falcons need to invest in would've used that money for a international tight 5 player.

Wacokecoke looks a promising 13 as does Stevenson.

(I do think Moroni is massively overrated by some tigers fans, which I guess is down to pretty much not having any 13 for the last 3 seasons of Manu being here, he's been the best 13 since in prime Manu but you look at who we had Jack Roberts, Garett Owen that's the standard lol)

I think our pack is fine, we have alot of kids who just need plenty of gametime...some could be VERY good.

We are crying out for 2 things. Creative half backs and real solid quality midfielders to be the link and defensive brick wall.

Through the academy promotions, and a few signings the half backs look far more creative and have flair going into next season. Moroni at 13 might just be the leader we've been missing, and can help with some of the kids we have at 12 coming through. Orlando is a good centre but not really a 12...but we still havent seen the best of him,

I rate Lucock highly at 12...but in a very limited role...hard carrying, hard tackling. Let others worry about game management etc.

Wakecoke is 27 now...and pretty much a squad player...good to cover most of the back line.
Stevenson is a class act, but was injured most of this season.

I wonder if Schoeman will play 12 a bit more aswell? And allow the two kids Louie Johnson and Josh Thomas to progress.

9 Kelemeti (Blackett)
10 Schoeman (Johnson, Thomas)
11 Carreras / Stephens
12 Luckock (Orlando)
13 Moroni
14 Radwan
15 Penny (Stephens)

Suddenly, we have a backline that will have teams thinking.

We just need to get the right attacking strcuture and gameplan, and make sure its practiced in training.

And Mark Wilson in to coach some steel and grit back in to the team...

I mean no offence to Falcons but your tight 5 depth is one of the weakest in the league outside of hooker.

We will see on Wilson. Has he done any coaching before?

To me that backline shouldn't get teams thinking too hard, lucock and Moroni are solid players but neither hold on defenders. A lot will be relying on the talent of the wings again.

You know why Penny was never kept at 13?

Latest posts