• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Monty Ioane has left Benetton by mutual consent,
Apparently moving to Melbourne Rebels
Be interesting to see if he still makes himself available for Italy, that's a hell of a commute

Well in 3 years he'll be 31 and it will be a RWC coming up all goes well honestly I could see Aus picking him up

Irish the only that would have the cap space, I think, but do they need a back 3 player?
I'd take any of their youngsters over a wade who's not played for years

Irish the only that would have the cap space, I think, but do they need a back 3 player?
I'd take any of their youngsters over a wade who's not played for years

Considering one back 3 space is permanently occupied by OHC, there are only 2 vacancies and they have half a dozen other players vying for those positions. I couldn't see Wade as anything other than a frustrated part time squad member... unless OHC is suddenly in favour with Eddie...

Idk where this goes but here I guess.

Yarde never got charged so assume that opens up options for him. Still be surprised if he got a prem contact but maybe France?

Drua would be a perfect place

05EADDA2-D28C-4FBC-A16E-ED5C400B2C40.png
Yarde's statement. It is a sticky one. Obviously his not being found guilty doesn't mean that he's innocent, but I struggle to entirely condemn a man who hasn't been convicted. It's a situation where seeing him on any team sheet in the future would leave a real sour taste in my mouth, but so would seeing a potentially innocent man be shunned for the rest of his life.

Just a mess.

View attachment 14742
Yarde's statement. It is a sticky one. Obviously his not being found guilty doesn't mean that he's innocent, but I struggle to entirely condemn a man who hasn't been convicted. It's a situation where seeing him on any team sheet in the future would leave a real sour taste in my mouth, but so would seeing a potentially innocent man be shunned for the rest of his life.

Just a mess.

Difficult, isn't it?
I suppose that ultimately, whether we find a person objectionable or not, if they've not been convicted of a crime then they're entitled to resume their life in whatever way they deem fit.
Paddy Jackson is playing in the Prem, having been found not guilty of rape. No reason why Yarde (not prosecuted) can't do the same. The Prem is full of blokes who have never been convicted of rape.
What if a hypothetical rugby player was convicted of rape, was locked up, released then went on to play professional rugby? Having served his time, there are no reasons why he can't play professional sport. I'm instictively uncomfortable with this idea, but he'd presumably be able to resume his job as a binman, so why not a rugby player? If you believe that serving a prison sentence is the punishment for a crime (or in rehabilitation), then it's horribly inconsistent to prevent anyone resuming their life after their sentence is complete.
With c. 400 blokes in the Prem, it's impossible to believe there isn't at least one wrong 'un.

I think it comes down to - he's officially not guilty, but what he's done seems to have been pretty objectionable - by his own admission (as far as I'm aware, there's nothing really in the public sphere).
He should still be employable, but I wouldn't want any team I support employing him.

I feel the same but more so for Paddy Jackson. He's officially not guilty, but there's more than enough in the public sphere for me to... make my feelings known (although this is not the place for that, I'm pretty sure you can all work out what my feelings are)

Difficult, isn't it?
I suppose that ultimately, whether we find a person objectionable or not, if they've not been convicted of a crime then they're entitled to resume their life in whatever way they deem fit.
Paddy Jackson is playing in the Prem, having been found not guilty of rape. No reason why Yarde (not prosecuted) can't do the same. The Prem is full of blokes who have never been convicted of rape.
What if a hypothetical rugby player was convicted of rape, was locked up, released then went on to play professional rugby? Having served his time, there are no reasons why he can't play professional sport. I'm instictively uncomfortable with this idea, but he'd presumably be able to resume his job as a binman, so why not a rugby player? If you believe that serving a prison sentence is the punishment for a crime (or in rehabilitation), then it's horribly inconsistent to prevent anyone resuming their life after their sentence is complete.
With c. 400 blokes in the Prem, it's impossible to believe there isn't at least one wrong 'un.
The thing is paddy Jackson had to move from his own amateur league (pro 12 pr whatever it's called) in Ireland to the premiership after the event so I'd expect a similar thing with Yarde.

he signed with Aussie agent. He'll sign with western force/ Melbourne rebels, we'll all make forced transportation jokes. He'll be a wallaby in 2027.

Its a very curious one.

He clearly seen as second best by our coaches, and Mcguigan is a class act. But its a crucial year for him....he needs to be playing as starting 1st choice. I dont think he'll get that this season though. But we also have two cracking young hookers coming through so hes going to have yet more competition very soon.

He actually played flanker on Saturday and hes dropped a ton of weight...looks half the size. I wonder if hes had a change of position or just covering injuries. We shall see as the season goes on...

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him move on in the summer...and strangely enough i don't think we'd be hugely affected. Its one position we have of real strength...potentially

Latest posts