• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Same for Esterhuizen, Green and Louw at Quins IMO.

There have been so many over the years. On the whole, I wouldn't necessarily say the Premiership improves SA players, but to suggest there are 'performance disadvantages' is bizarre and plainly incorrect.
You completely missed what I was saying

forcing players to leave their home province when they don't want to and where they play a lot will ultimately blow up in the IRFU and David Humphreys face.

Surely they aren't dumb enough to try it immediately after taking over from Nucifora.

What did you mean?
That a 32 year old who went from playing in South Africa suddenly starts to play like **** when playing in a country that actually drug tests.

I'm amazed that performance disadvantages in quotation marks was taken any other way or that the premiership was brought up at all. The uk testing thing has been talked about on this board before in regards with ulster vs other provinces.

Last edited:
forcing players to leave their home province when they don't want to and where they play a lot will ultimately blow up in the IRFU and David Humphreys face.

Surely they aren't dumb enough to try it immediately after taking over from Nucifora.
I don't think it will matter. It's not like they'll let someone like Kelleher walk just because he wants to stay at Leinster.

I could see a situation where Leinster are forced to cut fringe guys though and they essentially have the choice of other province or abroad

That a 32 year old who went from playing in South Africa suddenly starts to play like **** when playing in a country that actually drug tests.

I'm amazed that performance disadvantages in quotation marks was taken any other way or that the premiership was brought up at all. The uk testing thing has been talked about on this board before in regards with ulster vs other provinces.
OK that makes more sense. It wasn't in quotation marks though … I think I would have picked up your inference had that been the case.

I'll see if when I believe it because while I'm sure they've tried to push it players will ultimately do what they want
True but money not great across the board is issue. Like no reason Kelliher for instance needs to leave. Gets plenty of gametime and is international. Will more likely be fringe lads like who aren't near a strong 23

@munstermuffin anything in Munster being interested in Kelly that going around twitter?
I'd say it very possible especially with The Frisch saga now too. IRFU want him gone ASAP. We want to keep him. Add in Dan is IQ again from July and came through our academy at Sale for a stint. But I can't see us being sanctioned to pay a large buyout fee
And few other big developments happening on outgoing side brewing too. Unfortunately not alot in the incoming.
And I'm expecting POM or Wig will be outgoing in next few weeks

Last edited:
I'd say it very possible especially with The Frisch saga now too. IRFU want him gone ASAP. We want to keep him. Add in Dan is IQ again from July and came through our academy at Sale for a stint. But I can't see us being sanctioned to pay a large buyout fee
And few other big developments happening on outgoing side brewing too. Unfortunately not alot in the incoming.
And I'm expecting POM or Wig will be outgoing in next few weeks
Wig??? Wut?

Wig??? Wut?
As I said let's just say there alot behind scenes. Won't say much but there reports out there with some close to what is fact. Wig wasn't with us flying over Saturday. And I think part of it was cooling tempers. Other bit was if you watched Sunday what happened in 1 case probably nearly showed a bit of what happening.

As I said let's just say there alot behind scenes. Won't say much but there reports out there with some close to what is fact. Wig wasn't with us flying over Saturday. And I think part of it was cooling tempers. Other bit was if you watched Sunday what happened in 1 case probably nearly showed a bit of what happening.
.... Jaysus what is happening in this team