• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Reports the Toulon are after Ibitoye and Cornell Du Preez and that Brookes has signed for them
Yeah saw they were sniffing for Du Preez. He's a brilliant player, just hope we can replace him.

Regarding Ibitoye i saw that the Agen President is questioning his attitude, might be a good way of getting rid, especially as they're staring at going down to ProD2

Yeah saw they were sniffing for Du Preez. He's a brilliant player, just hope we can replace him.

Regarding Ibitoye i saw that the Agen President is questioning his attitude, might be a good way of getting rid, especially as they're staring at going down to ProD2
Think it may be a little bit of a red herring.... Agen are a state atm.

Yeah only reason for that is that he's told them he's leaving - do they even have anyone behind him, especially with Lang leaving?

Be interesting to see where he ends up - Bath definitely seem front runners, but I imagine Gloucester will have an eye on him. They'll need a replacement for Cipriani, and while Lloyd Evans is a good player he's not on Smith's level (and you imagine there'll always be the temptation to move to Wales and push for international honours, if his stock grows)
Glos have brought in Hastings for next year tho?

Johan Goosen to Bulls
Francois Steyn to Sharks
Siya Kolisi to Sharks
Frans Malherbe to Sharks
Steven Kitshoff to Sharks

The Rugby Pod report Chris Ashton to Worcs. That would be a crazy back 3, Ashton, DvdM, Nanai

Johan Goosen to Bulls
Francois Steyn to Sharks
Siya Kolisi to Sharks
Frans Malherbe to Sharks
Steven Kitshoff to Sharks
Have sharks got the big US consortium behind them confirmed now? Linking up with Jay-Z's Sports Media agency?

IF so, reckon they will throw a fair chunk of change around to bring the Saffers home

OK so which South African Sharks team? The super rugby one or Sale Sharks?

IDK personally I don't see that many South Africans coming back home even if the money is there now,
I think it will mean less chances of players being poached from the sharks though, which will be massive in the long run.
I think SA saw the benefit to some degree of having these players get game time elsewhere as well Kolbe is a good example in my eyes in SA there was even talk about putting him at scrum half if I remember right at one stage.

Personally they showed the benefits of letting players play elsewhere as long as they are available for International duties etc. something I think Wales are too blind too see ala Francis.

Now if the other Franchises start making money moves like the sharks did maybe.

So South African Sharks Team, US aiming to make them a big deal and imagine they will draw in other brands/companies/consortiums.

Reckon your right Tigs that it will halt the slide.

I also reckon we will see a fair few signing announcements this week/next week. Clubs might take advantage of break in play to get admin done and let the dust settle.

Wasps are planning to i am fairly sure. Wonder if we will see a further exodus from some of the championship as ringfencing looms.

Wonder if the Du Preez brothers are kicking themselves for leaving the Sharks?Maybe not Dan and Robert but Jean-Luc could've been eyeing a possible Springboks spot...

I reckon a lot of our Saffers will be released at the end of their contracts - not worth their wages at all atm, and a new DoR will want to build their own team.
So I imagine some will head back to SA (though I reckon Faf will go to Japan)

After a comic of errors by the Stormers /WP

They moved on to the second best option in their minds and bought us for a questionably cheap price. But atleast as they say they not only payed a certain amount of capital but also bought the losses we made in the last Covid period as well as promising to fund the running going forward, if they wanted to make Lots of money then buying a South Africa club is not the most efficient way to do it. Talks of building new stadium and signing marquee players. The above mentioned players were the first mentioned.
They promised only to sign players whose contracts have expired and won't buy players out of their contracts.

Roc nation will now assist with the global branding before entry into pro16.

OK so which South African Sharks team? The super rugby one or Sale Sharks?

IDK personally I don't see that many South Africans coming back home even if the money is there now,
I think it will mean less chances of players being poached from the sharks though, which will be massive in the long run.
I think SA saw the benefit to some degree of having these players get game time elsewhere as well Kolbe is a good example in my eyes in SA there was even talk about putting him at scrum half if I remember right at one stage.

Personally they showed the benefits of letting players play elsewhere as long as they are available for International duties etc. something I think Wales are too blind too see ala Francis.

Now if the other Franchises start making money moves like the sharks did maybe.
South African players will continue to play abroad, the Exodus of players won't stop.

And the plan isn't to prevent them from doing that. The plan is more so to have the SA teams be as competitive in any tournament as a star-studded overseas team like Toulon/Leinster/Exeter.

In having more experienced guys return from overseas, is a massive boost to help the youngsters improve their game.

The Bulls have made a bigger splash than the Sharks though, and have lured back the following players who were all playing in the NH:
Marcell van der Merwe, Gio Aplon, Travis Ishmaiel, Marcel Coetzee, Arno Botha, Morne Steyn & Duane Vermeulen.

The lastest rumour is that they have all but signed Francois Hougaard as well.

All those players are over 30 years old, so it makes sense that they are there to help the new kids improve their game.

South African players will continue to play abroad, the Exodus of players won't stop.

And the plan isn't to prevent them from doing that. The plan is more so to have the SA teams be as competitive in any tournament as a star-studded overseas team like Toulon/Leinster/Exeter.

In having more experienced guys return from overseas, is a massive boost to help the youngsters improve their game.

The Bulls have made a bigger splash than the Sharks though, and have lured back the following players who were all playing in the NH:
Marcell van der Merwe, Gio Aplon, Travis Ishmaiel, Marcel Coetzee, Arno Botha, Morne Steyn & Duane Vermeulen.

The lastest rumour is that they have all but signed Francois Hougaard as well.

All those players are over 30 years old, so it makes sense that they are there to help the new kids improve their game.
On the whole I agree, but I'm not sure I'd have included Travis Ishmaiel in that list. He was terrible when he played for Quins. They didn't need to lure him - we'd probably have paid you to take him. :D

Imagine Ibitoye and Odogwu in the same backline...be some fireworks there.

Looks like Brown to us next season is a done deal right enough...as a Player Coach role.

Also liked with Ashton aswell, but the fact that Worcester are aswell...i wonder if his agent is pushing his client...

Latest posts