• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Ross to retire? Really? Jesus it was only a short while ago that he was a bolter for England squad. Shame Sam Moore left as would surely have slotted in. So much quality in that Sale Backrow tbf. If WGJ is leaving what about JCW? gone a bit quiet since his move from Wasps.
It's only speculation, but a 3 month stand down is serious.
JCW has been really poor for us, and has been out injured for a while now too - Oosthuizen has been poor too.

Dire straights on that side of the scrum next season - ideally we'd keep WGJ, ship on Oosthuizen and JCW, buy a new experienced guy and invest time in Harper for a couple seasons as a future player, but now we're scrabbling around to find a guy who can hold up the scrum

Yes JCW has been a shame, he was cracking at Wasps but did get injured ALOT. Sadly looks like he's had those issues again. Oosthuizen again hasn't hit the heights that you thought, Funny thing is i've always considered Sale to be strong upfront (front 5) and lacking depth in backfield and backrow but it's completely changed.

Rumours
Sarries have firmly shut door on teams keeping loan players Malins, Earl, Isiekwe, Lozowski, Goode and Thompkins will all return to Sarries next season.
Sale Sharks fail to sign Schonert
Worcester tring to sign a 10 and 8 but having no success on potential targets
Henry Thomas is getting contract offers from France (La Rochelle being 1 name)
Jermey Jordaan to Newcastle Falcons
Martin gleeson to leave Wasps and join England as attack coach
Matt Everard is leaving Wasps (Was their Transition, Skills and Breakdown coach)
Trinder joins pro d2 team Vannes

Rumours
Sarries have firmly shut door on teams keeping loan players Malins, Earl, Isiekwe, Lozowski, Goode and Thompkins will all return to Sarries next season.
Sale Sharks fail to sign Schonert
Worcester tring to sign a 10 and 8 but having no success on potential targets
Henry Thomas is getting contract offers from France (La Rochelle being 1 name)
Jermey Jordaan to Newcastle Falcons
Martin gleeson to leave Wasps and join England as attack coach
Matt Everard is leaving Wasps (Was their Transition, Skills and Breakdown coach)
Trinder joins pro d2 team Vannes
Doesn't surprise me regarding Worcester

Darren Barry leaving falcons for France, and Jeremy Jordaan his replacement.

Barry hasnt done much for us at all...and need some real beef in the engine room if Peterson or Fuser are missing so i would be happy with this one.

Now just for the rest of the dead wood to be shipped out.

We've already got the two tallest players in the game on the books, so it can't be a size pun (I'm still hurting after they promised the biggest signing in our history...and it turned out to be Buckley, cause he was the biggest prop in the game)

Maybe Manu renewal?

We've already got the two tallest players in the game on the books, so it can't be a size pun (I'm still hurting after they promised the biggest signing in our history...and it turned out to be Buckley, cause he was the biggest prop in the game)

Maybe Manu renewal?

How can you have the two tallest players when you don't have the tallest man in rugby?

How can you have the two tallest players when you don't have the tallest man in rugby?
Who is? I thought it was JP du Preez

Lood is a bit shorter than I thought tbf (I thought he was 6'10 or 6'11, but he's 6'9 the manlet) so I'll concede there

Who is? I thought it was JP du Preez

Lood is a bit shorter than I thought tbf (I thought he was 6'10 or 6'11, but he's 6'9 the manlet) so I'll concede there

Didn't realise JP had the ***le. Bet Dev feels like a shortarse with that 1cm difference.

Looks like Carl Fearns is on his way to us. Just waiting for it to be confirmed.

Last edited:
Deja vu lol
Well we're progressing nicely...bringing in a 35 year old, now a 31 year old (if Fearns does come) and a 31 year old (if Jordaan signs)...excellent future planning.

Whilst we continue on with old, injury prone props who miss huge chunks of the season...yet we complain about budget restrictions!!

We have an excellent academy that just sits there being wasted!!

Latest posts