• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I'd love to sign someone.... just once... even be linked to someone...
Maybe not got room in the cap? Players like Willis x 2, Barbeary etc. will be looking for payrises after becoming solid first team players (and internationals, in Jack's case), and the cap is lowering - plus the 8 academy guys young mentioned earlier in the thread
Hougaard won't have come cheap so will likely cancel out Taylor (possibly Taylor + Rowlands) leaving

Though Sopoaga is on serious wedge, so should be able to sign another player or two just from him going

I think a lot of clubs are making cuts to squad size to get under the cap.
Yes I know, but it seems like most other clubs have balanced that with incoming players. For example, Hougaard and Weir might be moving on from Worcester, but you also have Duhan van der Merwe and Chudley arriving.

So far we have Brown, Baldwin, Lang and Young (who are all part of our preferred 23) confirmed to be leaving, along with Campagnaro (who has never really been available anyway). We also lost Clifford unexpectedly to enforced retirement.

We also have quite a few out of contract too so I'd expect quite a few of those to move on too (fingers x'd Landajo and Garcia Botta are amongst them - they've been mostly dreadful for us).

We do have some real talent in the academy, but we can't replace 20% of our first team squad with kids and expect to be competitive. Particularly when we're losing experience and quality in key positions.

Right now, we have about 20 genuinely good players and another 10 who are decent enough. That's about 10-12 short IMO.

Yeh so far Tigers have
Out
Taufua
Gigena
Mamukashvili
Enever
Lavanini
De Bruin

IN
Van Staden
Van Wyk
Montoya
Snyman
Burns (Bonilla off but not announced)

Then we have also signed up some age grade internationals who didn't get top tier pro contracts elsewhere in Dolly and Hurd (To go along with Henderson, Chessum and Kelly)

I can see Tigers losing also
Bower, Kerr, Lewis, Coghlan, Olowofela, Worth
with Whitcombe, Martin, Chessum, Henderson, Kelly basically replacing them from the development squad.

Reckon Tigers will be trying to sign a TH and Lock, maybe another back 3 player

Yes I know, but it seems like most other clubs have balanced that with incoming players. For example, Hougaard and Weir might be moving on from Worcester, but you also have Duhan van der Merwe and Chudley arriving.

So far we have Brown, Baldwin, Lang and Young (who are all part of our preferred 23) confirmed to be leaving, along with Campagnaro (who has never really been available anyway). We also lost Clifford unexpectedly to enforced retirement.

We also have quite a few out of contract too so I'd expect quite a few of those to move on too (fingers x'd Landajo and Garcia Botta are amongst them - they've been mostly dreadful for us).

We do have some real talent in the academy, but we can't replace 20% of our first team squad with kids and expect to be competitive. Particularly when we're losing experience and quality in key positions.

Right now, we have about 20 genuinely good players and another 10 who are decent enough. That's about 10-12 short IMO.
Tbf we are releasing 20 at the end of the season

Maybe not got room in the cap? Players like Willis x 2, Barbeary etc. will be looking for payrises after becoming solid first team players (and internationals, in Jack's case), and the cap is lowering - plus the 8 academy guys young mentioned earlier in the thread
Hougaard won't have come cheap so will likely cancel out Taylor (possibly Taylor + Rowlands) leaving

Though Sopoaga is on serious wedge, so should be able to sign another player or two just from him going
Depends really, all 3 signed new contract extensions recently so don't imagine it would be too much more than what already on. Hougaard i am hoping will be on lower than Wuss because he wanted to stay in England and we were the only team to offer.

Rowlands and Taylor i think were on a decent amount so probably add up to Stooke if still on.

Sops still rumoured out but no signed deal to Lyon and Brookes to Toulon apparently.

We will see what happens but would be nice to see a few signings in the door.

Yeh so far Tigers have
Out
Taufua
Gigena
Mamukashvili
Enever
Lavanini
De Bruin

IN
Van Staden
Van Wyk
Montoya
Snyman
Burns (Bonilla off but not announced)

Then we have also signed up some age grade internationals who didn't get top tier pro contracts elsewhere in Dolly and Hurd (To go along with Henderson, Chessum and Kelly)

I can see Tigers losing also
Bower, Kerr, Lewis, Coghlan, Olowofela, Worth
with Whitcombe, Martin, Chessum, Henderson, Kelly basically replacing them from the development squad.

Reckon Tigers will be trying to sign a TH and Lock, maybe another back 3 player
Where do you reckon Cammy Henderson will be off to?

Hougaard i am hoping will be on lower than Wuss because he wanted to stay in England and we were the only team to offer.
For real?
I would've thought most sides would show an interest - Wuss definitely would've been keen, surely?

I think Tigers rejuvenation looks tremendous. You've brought in some serious power and aggression and have brought through some real quality academy kids.

You'll be challenging for the ***le and other cups very soon

For real?
I would've thought most sides would show an interest - Wuss definitely would've been keen, surely?
Well he was supposed to be off to the Bulls who i'm sure wouldn't have paid his salary at the Wuss heights and Wuss used cash to sign Chudley & Heinz. Not sure anyone else needed him?

Latest posts