• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Also it's a weird rumour - it even says they're trying to sign him after this contract, not buy him out or anything
It's over two seasons away

From what I gather the rumour won't be from Tigers side Borthwick treats the media like mushrooms feed them **** and keep them in the dark.
So either someone trying to put 2 and 2 together or agents are trying to renegotiate a contract, I know Curry signed a 5 year deal but wonder what potential clauses might be in it for renegotiating.

That's true
Though everyone had to sign a new contract last year, I wonder if there were any changes in terms (I've heard of players reducing the length of their contract during the re-signing process, I think WGJ had a year knocked off his)

If Ford leaves then that really leaves Tigers in the **** as they will only have Burns at FH.

Thinking about it a bit more you've got to assume that Tigers have factored in that George is at the club.

So either they know he is going to stay.
They have an alternative lined up (who I have no idea as I've already mentioned there aren't lots of good 10's available)
Or finally they are gambling on him staying.

Tbh I think Ford needs time away from daddy. There are involved far too much and he needs to really stand on his own two feet. Having said that, he's had enough time to break away and always seems to end up back with daddy, so maybe he needs his safety blanket still.

Same. Care and Steele are a good 1/2 but I'm not sure Stafford or Gjaltema are up to Premiership level.

Gjaltema came with a decent reputation but the only time I've seen him play, he was pretty poor.

Is this because he wants to, or because Quins didn't re-sign?
He's been really good when I've seen him (though admittedly that's not every game this season, so he might have been equally bad in the others)
General consensus from our end I think is he's been rather poor.

Ok off the bench but not anywhere near good enough to start

I see the rugby paper is saying Sale are very to keen to get hold of Callum Chick.

Hes just signed a new 2 year deal not long ago...

Latest posts