• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Screenshot_20220726-191334.png

Emotion Reaction GIF

Tommy Reffell staying at Tigers for a while longer
His previous contract had a optional contract extension attached to it and since he wasn't capped when he signed it the rolling contract is allowed.

So gives Tigers another couple seasons to get Ilione ready

Great news for him and Tigers,
Imagine he'll be crossing his fingers the WRU re-evaluate their foreign player position post RWC and he won't be forced to move

Except it's not funny. The more it happens, the more it looks like it's a deliberate strategy.

Last edited:
Freddie Steward to Bristol, potentially using contract clause to leave early via Ruck... not heard anything locally about this though so a pinch of salt may be required.

I'd be happy if true though, probably best time to sign too given his value will only increase.

Source [...] because if it's Ruck you need banning.
An evergreen tweet

Don't think there's any chance Steward is leaving Tigers this summer but I could see Bristol going after him big time for next season, with Piutau (presumably) leaving (though I don't think Steward will leave tbh, unless Bristol come at him with silly silly money)

Depends how they reshuffle their marquees - neither Genge nor Steward would be eligible

Lose Semi and Piutau, replace with Steward (and promote from within for centre), move Luatua to marquee?

Gain Stewards salary, lose Luatua's = net neutral?

Does the salary cap increase again after this season? I am under the impression that it is but stand to be corrected.

Surprisingly hard to find the details, just interviews with people talking about it

I didn't think it went straight back up/that they had announced the future of it, but I might be wrong

Edit: Goes back up season 24/25

Latest posts