• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Sale feels like a better/more logical destination IMO. Obviously he has links to the South West from his time at Bath, but from an England POV, there is much more of a a direct benefit in getting used to playing alongside Tom Curry and Quirke.

Quins signing at 1.45 - not had any big rumours recently so very in the dark

Care posted a pic of Brown with "guess who's back" at the end of last week, but would be very surprised. Feels like it would be hyped more by the club if that was it

Quins signing at 1.45 - not had any big rumours recently so very in the dark

Care posted a pic of Brown with "guess who's back" at the end of last week, but would be very surprised. Feels like it would be hyped more by the club if that was it

Anthony Watson mentioned in an interview (when talking about the amount of players without a club this season) that Brown was signing for someone this week - though, as you said, you'd expect there to be more fanfare if it were Brown

Anthony Watson mentioned in an interview (when talking about the amount of players without a club this season) that Brown was signing for someone this week - though, as you said, you'd expect there to be more fanfare if it were Brown
There was chat about him moving to Sarries, so that may have been Ronaldo levels of negotiating tactics (the rumours of his City move before rejoining Utd), but more likely he goes to ealing or smth imo.

We need a 2nd row first and foremost

I mean why would it have more fanfare? 37 years old likely to be 3rd choice 15.

I think clubs are starting to understand that too much hype can have the opposite effect

I mean why would it have more fanfare? 37 years old likely to be 3rd choice 15.
Club legend, got a bar(? stand?) named after him
Even if he's not coming back in as first choice player it's still a big thing for the club - especially as a lot of fans were upset with the way his leaving transpired

Club legend, got a bar(? stand?) named after him
Even if he's not coming back in as first choice player it's still a big thing for the club - especially as a lot of fans were upset with the way his leaving transpired

Errrrr I guess we will see.
But fanfare build up and fanfare announcement are different things

Anyway Brown confirms it's not him.
Honestly surprised someone hasn't signed him up, Tigers benefited a lot last season for these older prem players

Honestly surprised someone hasn't signed him up, Tigers benefited a lot last season for these older prem players
Yeah, surprised the Ealing move didn't materialise either,
Him as player/coach there makes a ton of sense, especially as they're recruiting heavily from prem academies atm so could do with some older heads to mentor

Saying "unfortunately not" really can't inspire whoever has signed him with confidence about his commitment to them lmao

Errrrr I guess we will see.
But fanfare build up and fanfare announcement are different things

Anyway Brown confirms it's not him.
He really didnt look like the player of old with us last season...but id like to know if that was down to him on the wane or our utterly inept attack and play in general. Id vouch it was the latter.

Walder, Now our DOR has ripped up the tactics and started a more attacking plan so that says alot.

So if Mercer is confirmed over the next week or so as a Gloucester signing for NEXT season, does he immediately become eligible for England this Autumn and 6n...

Don't think so - but would be eligible next summer before technically joining whoever he technically joins (hopefully not Gloucester)

Ah right, hearing different things so trying to work it out. Is that Similar to Underhill and Brad Shields?

Ah right, hearing different things so trying to work it out. Is that Similar to Underhill and Brad Shields?
Underhill was capped in the summer between leaving Ospreys and joining Bath (which I'd expect to see happen with Mercer, if he's in England's plans)

Got a feeling Shields was some f*ckery - Super Rugby season overlapped internationals so he played for England then went back to Hurricanes, then went to Wasps a month or two later

I think that capping Mercer while still playing in France would open too much of a can of worms tbh,
You could end up with a situation where you get players signing a deal abroad (i.e. with a Japanese side - especially as their season is so short) but also signing a deal to go straight to a Prem club after and saying they should still be eligible etc.

Underhill was capped in the summer between leaving Ospreys and joining Bath (which I'd expect to see happen with Mercer, if he's in England's plans)

Got a feeling Shields was some f*ckery - Super Rugby season overlapped internationals so he played for England then went back to Hurricanes, then went to Wasps a month or two later

I think that capping Mercer while still playing in France would open too much of a can of worms tbh,
You could end up with a situation where you get players signing a deal abroad (i.e. with a Japanese side - especially as their season is so short) but also signing a deal to go straight to a Prem club after and saying they should still be eligible etc.
Yes thats the bit that was confusing me...as i thought exactly the same...it would open a big can of worms.

Anyone find the whole Christian Wade thing odd?
Do you think he had lined up a big money move to Wasps and it fell through?

Revealed this week he was on £250,000+ with wasps
and I would've thought if American football was still a option (NFL or XFL) he would be training in America now or Canada.

Had his rugby camps early august.

Anyone find the whole Christian Wade thing odd?
Do you think he had lined up a big money move to Wasps and it fell through?

Revealed this week he was on £250,000+ with wasps
and I would've thought if American football was still a option (NFL or XFL) he would be training in America now or Canada.

Had his rugby camps early august.
Wasn't all the stuff he was doing based on London, which would lead me to believe that he would be looking to play for a London club rather than wasps? But with no announcement this late in the day is he even coming back to rugby?

Latest posts