• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I'd thought I'd seen £400k rather than £450+, but that may be my memory (or my eyes).
£200-250k doesn't seem unreasonable for an international lock (Roux), but yeah, £150-200k is probably a bit generous for GJvV; but I wouldn't say it was far off (the £400k I had in my head) between them.
Or have I still got pre-covid wages in my head as comparisons?
If Roux is making anywhere near £250k in the current climate then his agent deserves an award.

I'd thought I'd seen £400k rather than £450+, but that may be my memory (or my eyes).
£200-250k doesn't seem unreasonable for an international lock (Roux), but yeah, £150-200k is probably a bit generous for GJvV; but I wouldn't say it was far off (the £400k I had in my head) between them.
Or have I still got pre-covid wages in my head as comparisons?

450K is the only figure I have seen.
I feel you are on pre covid wages still a bit.

GJvV is prob on like 60K-100K I feel, Worcester to Tel Aviv heat I would be amazed if Bath needed to spend over 100K.

When are Olly Lawrence and Ted Hill's contracts up?
They'll be on a (comparative) pittance in their first Bath contracts but they'll command a decent sum when they're up for renewal - Sanderson has said most of our cap increase is going on players who signed their first senior contracts during COVID (i.e. Reed, Roebuck, Warr etc.) and renewals for players like the Currys

When are Olly Lawrence and Ted Hill's contracts up?
They'll be on a (comparative) pittance in their first Bath contracts but they'll command a decent sum when they're up for renewal - Sanderson has said most of our cap increase is going on players who signed their first senior contracts during COVID (i.e. Reed, Roebuck, Warr etc.) and renewals for players like the Currys
Lawrence has another year, Hill... extended this time last year, presume it's until this summer.

I think we'll be seeing a move to (slightly) smaller, higher quality squads TBH. With fewer matches, and much fewer clashes with internationals, the depth of cover isn't as crucial is it used to be. Hopefully, that will also see the recently-ex-academy kids sitting on the bench more as well.

TRP says Jamie George is turning down a move to Lyon to stay at Saracens, with an eye on moving into a coaching role there

Lyon offered him £380k, which really shows how crazy Arundell's offers were

TRP says Jamie George is turning down a move to Lyon to stay at Saracens, with an eye on moving into a coaching role there

He would be well worth it though. He is a top hooker and they are hard to come by. Always struck me as a loyal guy too and did I see somewhere he is involved with a cricket team too.

He would be well worth it though. He is a top hooker and they are hard to come by. Always struck me as a loyal guy too and did I see somewhere he is involved with a cricket team too.
Oh absolutely, JG is worth his weight in gold - one of my favourite players
I meant there's no way a 20yr old winger is worth more than a hooker with 85 England, and 3 Lions, caps rather than 380k is a crazy sum for JG, even if JG is in the last couple of years of his playing career (look at Creevy still pulling up trees at 63yrs old)

Honestly I feel France's offers are nowhere near what they once where.
Like Montoya is on like £320K I think

I think the french teams will spend massive on one or so non french player, but generally I think they know that agents try to take the **** now.

Oh absolutely, JG is worth his weight in gold - one of my favourite players
I meant there's no way a 20yr old winger is worth more than a hooker with 85 England, and 3 Lions, caps rather than 380k is a crazy sum for JG, even if JG is in the last couple of years of his playing career (look at Creevy still pulling up trees at 63yrs old)
And JG is durable. He rarely does bad injuries and is consistent. Would agree he is my favourite hooker at the moment and has the mix of old and new school. Not sure why I always think he was born in Southa Africa or New Zealand though.

Jasper Wiese leaving at the end of the season....
Ah it's in the confirmed thread.

Swap out Coka for Arundell, and Roux & Van Veltze for Snyman, should work out more-or-less £-neutral (possibly even a saving if HA is a hybrid contract), and I'd be delighted with that.

JvG has shown me that he's actually taking player welfare seriously, and rotating playing time (and actual holiday time away from the game) appropriately, which lets me believe that we could even see RGS for more than 5-6 matches a year!
Yeah Munster never strike me as rushing him back in (Mainly because they didn't really need to, they had good cover I felt).

Do you really think Roux and Van Veltze would be on a combined total of 450K+, seems like someone or both would be massively overpaid if the case. But the cap's going up so doesn't even matter.

Coka for Arundell prob works out very like for like and def an upgrade both in ability and cover.
If Roux is making anywhere near £250k in the current climate then his agent deserves an award.
I can guarantee Roux is on £250k if not more.
Still from inside trenches here in Munster expectations are that SARU and Stormers is likely destination
Was Roux only signed on a one year deal then?
Quinn Poux*

Latest posts