• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

edit: I would just like to add that if Fez goes for it full bore at any stage out there, there's a fairly good chance he might kill someone.

Anyway.

As a complete nutter once said, Find what you love and let it kill you.

I can see where you're coming from - I know I'm storing up trouble for myself for one - but for some of us, the juice is worth a risk. Yeah, I do find myself worrying about these players occasionally in these lights, but without that attitude, the spectacle we love could not exist. I kinda feel we either collectively embrace this price, or we go home and do something else.

And hey, it's already happened! He's going to need a new knee, so he might as well wear this one out good and proper - not that he's had any trouble with it recently (just everything else...).

Last edited:
Because walking into Munster's team post-Howlett will be easier than staying in Leinster's, particularly if he's still possessed of that absurd belief he's really a full-back.

I would be surprised, but the usual inside sources on other forums are adamant that talks have happened. Hard to believe there was nothing in them - although maybe the only reason someone blabbed is that it's not happening after all.

Think about it like this. Fitz is comfortable playing anywhere in the back three and in the centres. At the end of the season Leinster will lose the services of Andrew Conway and Fionn Carr in the back three. We'll have the following guys on the books in those positions next year, assuming all of the academy guys stay on/get offered contracts:
Isa Nacewa
Luke Fitzgerald
Dave Kearney
Rob Kearney
Fergus McFadden
Darren Hudson
Adam Byrne
Sam Coughlan-Murray
Andrew Boyle
Mikey Sherlock

The last three I hold out little hope for, while Adam Byrne is very young and Darren Hudson isn't the most experienced either, and questions must be asked of his defensive game. If you take Luke out of that list things look a lot more callow. Considering that you need at least 4 guys just to fill a 23, game time wont be a problem. In contrast, Munster have lots of established players in the back three. They'll have Zebo, Earls, Murphy, Hurley, Luke O'Dea, Conway, Howlett (if he stays on) all in the senior squad, with Keatley and Hanrahan also being able to play full back. While they're not of the same quality as Leinster's top 3 or 4 guys, there are a lot more of them who'll be wanting game time.

Also, despite the losses of HVDM and Sexton, Fitz would probably have more chance of success at European level at Leinster for the next few years at least. Why leave a province where he'll get lots of game time, is revered by the fans and stands a good chance of picking up silverware for a team in a seemingly endless transition period?

Kris Burton from Treviso to the Dragons.

Apparently now being rumoured after the Dragons missed out on Andy Goode.

Just because there is a clear and obvious case for Leinster doesn't mean there isn't a case for Munster - I'd agree it seems odd, but you can build a case for it. But fair enough if you're confident.

Except every cent we spend goes through IRFU so no funny business and as I said Luke Fitz wants to come here no more than Donnacha Ryan wanted to go to Leinster last year.

But if Toyota (Munster sponsor) paid him 100k for a couple of cororpate days.....the IRFU would not be involved or would they?

http://www.rugby-transferts.com/top-14/toulouse/0019877-les-freres-du-plessis-en-route-pour-toulouse.html

Contracted to the Sharks until the end of the season, Jannie Du Plessis and Bismarck Du Plessis could find the Top 14 next season.

Pillar (30 years, 42 caps with the Springboks) and hooker (29, 45 caps) are to meet this Thursday with their agent to negotiate a transfer to France.

According to Eyewitness News Sport , Toulouse is the favorite to host the two stars from South Africa, but is not the only club!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Toyota set to leave us at end of season and IRFU oversee everything so no funny business regarding payments. As Feic said also Munster have a competitive back line also and Fitz isn't coming although if he did we'd welcome him.
Regards Fez, I think he may have limited years left and will rightfully try make as much as he can and if he doesn't get central contract which is huge possibility due to medical condition then money wise difference is huge

Scarlets circling Gareth Delve and Andrew Coombs.
****** me off. People ***** about the Dragons not producing players, but we can't keep ahold of them.
Chart, Coombs, Lydiate, Evans, Faletau; Second Row, Bearman.
Not a bad back five in the pack+subs. Blues have three U20 second rows, but bring in Lou ****ing Reed and some Samoan.

Oh, the French better keep their hands off the dups. (Not that they can keep ahold of anything, if their backplay is to be trusted).
Having Craig Burden as full time first choice hooker gives me a case of the shits.

I would love to see Foden and North linking up. That'd be awesome. You'd have such a good set of outside backs... outside Stephen Myler.

Could be 9. Dickson 10. Fotuali'i?

Doubt Fotuali'i will be given the 10 shirt when he has proven to be devastating at 9. George North would be a huge (in every sense of the word!) signing for Saints and would certainly show some of the ambition supporters have been craving.

Scarlets circling Gareth Delve and Andrew Coombs.

Please, please, please let the Delve rumour be true. I just want to have a chance to watch Delve play week in week out. Hopefully Coombs stays at the Dragons, even if he would make a useful addition to the Scarlets squad.

Doubt Fotuali'i will be given the 10 shirt when he has proven to be devastating at 9. George North would be a huge (in every sense of the word!) signing for Saints and would certainly show some of the ambition supporters have been craving.

From what I understand being offered the 10 shirt was one of the big reasons why Fotuali'i agreed to move.

Keep your hands off George!

If North sign then the Saint masterminded signing 1 of best half backs in Europe today and a world class winger still developing and off loaded Ashton just as he started to decline in form.

If the Turks signed Coombs it would be typical.
I bet they would suddenly want him in the national squad.

Delve to Turks would be good, they just need to sort their openside out.
Daniel Thomas could do with some weight and a tackling coach. Shingler, Thomas, Delve could be a decent backrow in a year or two.

@Cymro: Home of Norwich's beloved TV/Radio presenter Alan Partridge!

Daniel Thomas could do with some weight and a tackling coach.

Not sure he needs to put on much weight, what makes him an exciting prospect is his pace. He's still quite a physical player mind, although his defence may need work.

Latest posts