• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Horne would be a good fit imo. Had a great season this year.

Tim Visser ---> Wasps ;)

Yeah I like Horne and think he's what we'd need outside a playmaking 12. He's fast with good eye for gap but also very good in contact and powerful runner.

More than wishful thinking. Horne is in advanced talks with us and will be a direct replacement for Smith I think. We are looking at bringing Howard back permanently too to replace CJ as our project player too. And are looking at front row players abroad.
Also a perk of being physio I can confirm Tyler Bleyendaal will be here on Feb 1st or day or 2 earlier and I get to help him in his final stages of rehab. Will try get him to play a game or 2 before summer.
Pat Howard would be an utter waste of a project player position in my opinion. Nucifora should try and stop it, why have a project player in one of the country's most promising positions?

Pat Howard would be an utter waste of a project player position in my opinion. Nucifora should try and stop it, why have a project player in one of the country's most promising positions?

He can play on the wing and 15 as well as centre. And well it's like saying why were we allowed sign GVDH as import when there so many wings. I agree with your reasoning but we haven't got the centres like Leinster or Ulster and even Connacht.

Wait...how much of a rumour is that? Because i think I might cry

EDIT: Looking increasingly likely to be JP Pietersen (and I'd be very happy with that)
I think Visser would suit you perfectly, and unlike JPP he actually scores quite a lot of tries.

JP would be a nice contrast to Wade though with his height and defensive prowess.

Rumours that Wasps are considering using Ashley Johnson as a Hooker regularly.

Which worries me. Granted, if he could be steady at the set-piece he'd probably be the best hooker in the world. But it risks messing up one of the best flankers on the planet

Rumours that Wasps are considering using Ashley Johnson as a Hooker regularly.

Which worries me. Granted, if he could be steady at the set-piece he'd probably be the best hooker in the world. But it risks messing up one of the best flankers on the planet

2 very big overestimations of a player IMO.

2 very big overestimations of a player IMO.

How much do you watch him, out of interest? And what about him don't you rate?
I'm not interested in proving that he's in the top half a dozen as I think that's unrealistic but anyone who is in the top 2 of premiership blindsides (which he is) can be described as one of the top flankers.

That's where the Bok coaches wanted him to develop i believe

This would make sense in terms of his Springbok career seeing as theres quite a queue forming in the South African back-row area

Last edited:
Seems strange as Abendanon has been rather good everytime i have seen him. What does this mean for Buttin ?

Means he needs to get himself another club if he wants to play. Looks like he is going to Montpellier.

Latest posts