• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Means he needs to get himself another club if he wants to play. Looks like he is going to Montpellier.
Buttin has signed for Bordeaux Begles and Speeding replaces him at Clermont,as Galthie is probably not going to be in Montpellier next season statement of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!! And what do Sky know!!!!!!!!!!

Buttin has signed for Bordeaux Begles and Speeding replaces him at Clermont,as Galthie is probably not going to be in Montpellier next season statement of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!! And what do Sky know!!!!!!!!!!

Correct Gaston. Got mixed up. Buttin is indeed going to Bordeaux.

Correct Gaston. Got mixed up. Buttin is indeed going to Bordeaux.

We were both wrong! The commentator said Montp but he was then corrected by the ex Scottish International 15 who played for Stade and told it is UBB!!

That's Ok Tony. Trust Gaston to put us right ;)
Buttin's move was confirmed just before Xmas. http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/trans...sons-a-bordeaux-begles_sto4522665/story.shtml

It's a good move for Buttin who shud get more playing time with UBB. Suit his style better as well.

Good move for Spedding imho.

Bordeaux are just PIIIIIILING the hell up in that backline like no one. It's almost wasteful now, the depth in Top 14 squads. You look at J.M.Buttin's talent and his limited gametime in Clermont you think, "okay sure, he'll get traded and will finally be a regular starter eventually...", but this is his big move out of the ASM and he's landing on a team that's got Domvo and Sofiane Guitoune at 15 already !...I must reiterate though, really liking what Bordeaux are doing this year, my my ... *whistle*. They're still a shoe in for the final 6, and what will they be next year when they consolidate all that current roster and add some Wallaby and Clermont power and the youngsters mature and the coaches settle in more...I think Raphaël Ibanez should be voted Mr. Universe, yeah, he's just...he's just undeniably magnificent, really...

Wait...how much of a rumour is that? Because i think I might cry

EDIT: Looking increasingly likely to be JP Pietersen (and I'd be very happy with that)

I feel bewildered that you'd be about to cry at the prospect of signing one of the most routinely lethal finishers in European rugby.

Todays Rugby paper is reporting that Wasps are signing Willem Alberts to replace Ashley Johnson who as mentioned is moving to Hooker.

I feel bewildered that you'd be about to cry at the prospect of signing one of the most routinely lethal finishers in European rugby.
I know what you mean but it's more that the early indications were suggesting it could be an All-Black.
Alex Cuthbert is an equally good finisher but that wouldn't make me excited to sign him. Having just lost pretty much the best 1 on 1 finisher in the premiership in Varndell, Wasps fans are pretty gutted and have got our expectations for the replacement pretty high.

Bristol have offered big money deal to two of our players, presumably at the recommendation of Peel.
One of them is, apparently, Marc Jones. Not sure of the other, I don't know which positions Bristol are short on. Maybe Jonathan Mills? or even Michael Paterson?

Bordeaux are just PIIIIIILING the hell up in that backline like no one. It's almost wasteful now, the depth in Top 14 squads. You look at J.M.Buttin's talent and his limited gametime in Clermont you think, "okay sure, he'll get traded and will finally be a regular starter eventually...", but this is his big move out of the ASM and he's landing on a team that's got Domvo and Sofiane Guitoune at 15 already !...I must reiterate though, really liking what Bordeaux are doing this year, my my ... *whistle*. They're still a shoe in for the final 6, and what will they be next year when they consolidate all that current roster and add some Wallaby and Clermont power and the youngsters mature and the coaches settle in more...I think Raphaël Ibanez should be voted Mr. Universe, yeah, he's just...he's just undeniably magnificent, really...
11.Guitoune 14.Talebula 15.Buttin, really lacks pace and creativity doesn't it :p

Cathal Marsh
Leinster -> Munster

Just a rumour doing rounds in both provinces.

Very unlikely for next season if we don't get someone else in. With both Sexton and Madigan being likely to go to the WC Marsh will be starting a number of games.

True but if he comes Munster he will probably be 2nd choice regardless. Just a rumour really growing.

Cathal Marsh
Leinster -> Munster.
He's a very talented player. I preferred him to Paddy Jackson at age grade level. With Jonny Sexton and Ian Madigan likely going to the World Cup, Cathal Marsh may get a run at 10 early next season if he stays with Leinster. Would he have the same opportunity at Munster where Ian Keatley is less likely to make the RWC2015 squad? Longer term, it's probably best for his development to move on.

He's a very talented player. I preferred him to Paddy Jackson at age grade level. With Jonny Sexton and Ian Madigan likely going to the World Cup, Cathal Marsh may get a run at 10 early next season if he stays with Leinster. Would he have the same opportunity at Munster where Ian Keatley is less likely to make the RWC2015 squad? Longer term, it's probably best for his development to move on.

Been honest he may have shout but he'd have much better chance playing European rugby with us. Also Keatley seems to have huge chance of going to RWC as indications are Schmidt may bring all 3. But on Marsh it'd be good if he came and if we look at it honestly he probably thinks he has a better shot getting past Keatley than he does getting past Sexton and Madigan. But it is rumours as I say

Been honest he may have shout but he'd have much better chance playing European rugby with us. Also Keatley seems to have huge chance of going to RWC as indications are Schmidt may bring all 3. But on Marsh it'd be good if he came and if we look at it honestly he probably thinks he has a better shot getting past Keatley than he does getting past Sexton and Madigan. But it is rumours as I say
Is there indications for the RWC squad already? :p Marsh should go to Munster, it means we'll likely have Reid or some SH joker at 10 for a while but it's about time Keatley was ousted at Munster because the 10 12 13 axis is hindering them hugely, Marsh could do it by the 2017/2018 season. Leinster don't need a 10 to cover 4 matches at the start of the season if it means having a negative effect on his career.

Is there indications for the RWC squad already? :p Marsh should go to Munster, it means we'll likely have Reid or some SH joker at 10 for a while but it's about time Keatley was ousted at Munster because the 10 12 13 axis is hindering them hugely, Marsh could do it by the 2017/2018 season. Leinster don't need a 10 to cover 4 matches at the start of the season if it means having a negative effect on his career.

In most recent camp a lot were sat down and told where they stand and what there roles most likely look to be at this time. But being honest Kearley may see more of a future at 12 here too

Todays Rugby paper is reporting that Wasps are signing Willem Alberts to replace Ashley Johnson who as mentioned is moving to Hooker.

I know what you mean but it's more that the early indications were suggesting it could be an All-Black.
Alex Cuthbert is an equally good finisher but that wouldn't make me excited to sign him. Having just lost pretty much the best 1 on 1 finisher in the premiership in Varndell, Wasps fans are pretty gutted and have got our expectations for the replacement pretty high.

Ah right. Makes sense.

I think I'd rather have Visser (or Cuthbert) than any of the AB wingers likely to move to the Prem tbh, particularly as Varndell replacements. You know you're getting a player with a proven record as a finisher in out sort of conditions. They're both quick, powerful and on the right side of the hill. Cory Jane - to pick the most obvious name - is a classy act, but he's 31, would have to settle, would have to give a damn, and just isn't in the same physical leagues as those two imo.

Apparently it's rumoured in TRP that PDJ could be coming back to Gloucester... <_<

Latest posts