• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Carl Fearns --> LOU

Hernandez --: Los Gauchos (working ***le which I encourage all other users to use)

Gorgodze: Released by Toulon, possibly going to premiership

Last edited:
Didn't he reject a central contract because he wanted to play for the NGD and the WRU wanted him to move to the Blues?

Or is that just hearsay?

Last edited:
Maybe. It sounds like Cardiff are offering more than the Dragons.

Peter Thomas says he being released on a "business decision". Meaning they couldn't meet his wage demands.

SARU want to keep Cornal Hendricks in SA, but might we see him in the NH come the autumn? anyone looking for expensive wingers? Rob Baxter says there may be another signing to come but is going to hold off until after WC. just putting it out there, not that I rate Hendricks particularly highly...

SARU want to keep Cornal Hendricks in SA, but might we see him in the NH come the autumn? anyone looking for expensive wingers? Rob Baxter says there may be another signing to come but is going to hold off until after WC. just putting it out there, not that I rate Hendricks particularly highly...

Not many wingers left worth big money

Hendricks is likely to stay in SA.

Savea can't see him leaving NZ yet.

Nani Williams now I can see him leaving where to I don't know maybe Exeter but since he is now a Samoan player not many reasons to stay in SH. Although if case I don't know why Baxter would wait till after the World Cup.

"People are very aware of things such as visa issues. Some players can't be signed unless they are fully-capped international players so there will be some not available to the UK market who will become available post-World Cup. Those are the type of players we will keep our eyes on and see if they become available."

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co....it-World-Cup/story-26695034-detail/story.html

he said that before signing Josh Jones though, will be interesting to see how JJ does in the next couple of seasons. seems like his heart is in it with perhaps a bit more union experience than your average league convert. would still like to see another winger with Exeter, not sure id like Campagnaro getting pushed to the wing even with Hill/Slade in midfield and Nowell potentially at fullback. depends if Slade is used at 10 or not. looking forward to next season at any rate with Ewers/Salvi/Waldrom linking up.

seems like Welford Road to Sandy Park is becoming a well travelled route! a couple of big gaps being left in general at Leicester it seems. any potential for someone exciting coming in to fill them??

Filled most already.

Briggs ----> upgrade in terms of scrummaging can play TH as well.
Parling ---> Fitzgerald super rugby lock/6 looks good with slater and Kitchener starters adds good depth.
Thorn ----> Barrow replacing a old legend with hopefully one for the future.
Deacon --> Williams Wuss 6/7 only 23 will prob play more at 6 but fits the enforcer type we are looking for.
Salvi -----> O'Connor at first wasn't sure but O'Connor looked brilliant in a poor blues team I thought should like NH rugby.
Barbieri ---> Fonua who will hopefully be the beast in the back row we need, If he can get fitter could be our Henry T we have missed at 8.
Mele ----> Kitto a NZ U20 SH haven't seen much of him but Mauger and Hanse seem keen on him.
Sculls ---> Betham Betham looks like a winger we have lacked big and fast more of a route one runner than Goneva elusive running style plays 15.

Just need to replace Allen now ATM at 12.

In general our signing have been younger and bigger which is nice.

Looking forward to it.

Should have a monster pack next season potentially.

We are looking for a marquee 12 but it might be next season personally hoping Goneva, Bai and Mauger can convince Nadolo to come ;)

good stuff, looks to be an exciting season, hopefully with a few unknowns flourishing in the WC. good to see Leicester thinking ahead. I hope for our sake Nadolo stays away, id imagine he and Manu could make a mess of any backline...

good stuff, looks to be an exciting season, hopefully with a few unknowns flourishing in the WC. good to see Leicester thinking ahead. I hope for our sake Nadolo stays away, id imagine he and Manu could make a mess of any backline...

It's hope, apparently we were looking this season but nothing yet about that we want to spend money.

Mermoz was linked but is still in contract so might be a player we are looking at.

Hoping Mauger will trust our youngster in the backs with Pohe leaving we only have Youngs, Harrison, Smith and Manu as academy products in the backs.

Hoping the likes of Bryant, Thacker and Odogwu make it.

This Taqele Naiyaravoro saga is getting interesting:

Fox Sport article is this:

TAQELE Naiyaravoro looks certain to remain at the Waratahs next year and renege on his big-money deal in Glasgow, shedding tears after being named in the Wallabies squad.

The 123kg Fijian-born winger, one of four uncapped players named in Australia's The Rugby Championship squad, does not yet have permanent residency but is on track to become the nation's biggest Test winger.
And Naiyaravoro conceded that his selection has virtually ensured he remains in Sydney beyond this year, despite signing a lucrative three-year contract with the Scottish club at the start of the year.
"The decision I made is not just about me, it's for my family as well," Naiyaravoro said.

"I am trying to create a good future. I'm not saying playing for Fiji is not, but I'm saying this is a career and for my kids, because they were born here and they're going to be settling down here, it's probably the best decision for them."
Speaking about getting out of his deal with Glasgow, Naiyaravoro said: "I'll probably still have to sort that out, there is still a lot to sort out with that, for now getting the selection is an indicator of me trying to settle in and try to chase the residency again.
"I'll probably settle here first, and look to overseas afterwards."
While he does not yet have permanent residency, and was twice stopped from flying overseas with NSW this season because of visa issues, those were sorted out in May, and Naiyaravoro's two daughters Ella (two) and Laite (three months) were born in Australia.

Naiyaravoro was at long odds to make the Wallabies squad at the start of the year, when he received Glasgow's offer.
He was set on playing for Fiji at the World Cup, and then defecting to Glasgow, but his allegiance is strongly with Australia now.
Like fellow Fijian Waisake Naholo, who signed a deal with French club Clermont at the start of the year, only to set the Super Rugby tournament ablaze and renege on the deal when picked by the All Blacks, Naiyaravoro's rise has been rapid.
"That's what I was thinking when I had that deal offered to me from Scotland, I didn't really see myself making the Wallabies team," he said.
"I was just trying to build my future in rugby and making the Wallabies, I didn't really reach that in my mind."
When Wallabies coach Michael Cheika informed Naiyaravoro of his selection on Wednesday night, the giant could not contain his emotions.
"When he gave me the call last night, I just started crying," Naiyaravoro said.
"I never thought I'd get selected.
"I'm still over the moon, I can't stop thanking God for this opportunity, I never thought it would come.
"I'm still on cloud nine."
And now he's in an Australian squad, Naiyaravor's goal is clear.
"Just trying to make that squad is where I'm at right now, making that World Cup squad," he said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...and-for-waratahs/story-e6frf4pu-1227426078677

While ESPN are reporting this - based off Glasgow's statement:

Glasgow Warriors still expect Taqele Naiyaravoro to link up with the team prior to the new PRO12 season.

In light of Naiyaravoro's call up for coach Michael Cheika's Australia wider World Cup squad the winger had suggested he may reconsider his commitment and attempt to settle in Australia.
A Glasgow spokesperson however, speaking to Planet Rugby, confirmed that Naiyaravoro's selection would have no impact on his contract with the PRO12 champions.

"We'd like to congratulate Taqele on being selected in the Australia squad and we look forward to welcoming him to Glasgow following his international commitments," the club said.

The Fijian born former Waratahs wing, who scored 8 tries in the 2015 Super Rugby campaign, signed a 3 year deal with the Scottish side in May which will keep him under contract until 2018.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...and-for-waratahs/story-e6frf4pu-1227426078677

Someone is leaving this mess unhappy.

It's hope, apparently we were looking this season but nothing yet about that we want to spend money.

Mermoz was linked but is still in contract so might be a player we are looking at.

Hoping Mauger will trust our youngster in the backs with Pohe leaving we only have Youngs, Harrison, Smith and Manu as academy products in the backs.

Hoping the likes of Bryant, Thacker and Odogwu make it.

Mermoz was linked the season we played Leicester in the HCup i talked to him at the before match reception but at the time he was still under contract with Toulon, but i think Leicester were very interested to sign him then and probably still are.

Reckon it is Glasgow who is going to be upset.

Mermoz was linked the season we played Leicester in the HCup i talked to him at the before match reception but at the time he was still under contract with Toulon, but i think Leicester were very interested to sign him then and probably still are.

Yeh I know from a agent we are in talks with him but him being in contract with Toulon is a spanner in the works.

Think Leicester were hoping that with Nonu going there he will not be needed.

Mermoz would fit straight in to a Leicester backline with Manu next to him that would be a nice 12/13 combo.

Last edited:
EggChasers Podcast on the Sale Sharks forum has posted this. If it happens it would be a cracking signing for Sale!!

I met Mooj at a restaurant in Albert Square today. He said, with a grin, "I'm just hanging out" when I asked whether he was planning on staying long in Manchester.

Would certainly fill your TH prop needs and with Castrogiovani moving to Racing Metro it would be logical. Also with all the big money players who've left you surely have the money to attract him. Just thought you'd like to know
smilie3.gif
(I'll discuss the chance meeting in more depth in our next podcast).

Latest posts